Love Belt

Jjongie Month

           You’re my love belt, hold me tight, Hold me in this nervous world (please hold me)

           You’re my love belt, you know I’m shaking with anxiety, Hold my hand

           Pairing: Jongyu

          Rating: pg? (minor talks of misgendering and uncomfortableness by it)

          w/c:1.3k

         Summary: As his due date draws closer, Jonghyun starts feeling his nerves a lot more, but Jinki’s alway there to hold his hand, as they always are. (note Jonghyun is trans and Jinki is nonbinary) Sequel to Day 4~

With a small whoop sound, Jinki rose their arms in excitement. Jonghyun looked up from his spot in the rocking chair folding close and laughed at how happy Jinki looked. “I’ve conquered the beast.”

“I’m not sure if a crib could be considered a beast Sweetums.” Jonghyun placed the blanket in the basket to his right, bending down a little harder with how big he was this far along.

Jinki pouted deeply, arms lowered as they said, “I spent a week figuring out how to read these stupid instructions. It’s a beast.”

“If you so deem it Sweetums.”

 

“I do!” Jinki’s head leaned to the side as they gazed at their partner knowingly. “Are they kicking you again?”

“No- I think they’re moving.”

“Moving?”

“As in.. rotating for ya know,” Jonghyun ran his hands over his stomach, swallowing thickly. “Birth.”

“You are almost 36 weeks Baby.”

“Yeah.. yeah I know that.” He nervously laughed, “I guess it’s just hitting me what comes next.”

While he was gazing at his stomach he had failed to notice Jinki moving closer, removing the baskets from in front of him, and kneeling between his legs. Their hands covered Jonghyun’s, a soft smile upon their face. “Shortly, we’ll get to meet our Misunnie. As nervous and anxious as I am about being a parent.. I know whatever we come across we’ll get through it.”

“How can you be so sure?”

“Because your hand will be in mine always.” Jinki pressed a kiss to his belly, smiling as big as they could. “Going into this next part of this you’re going to be going through a lot. I understand how nervous you are, how it’s different than my nervousness, but I want to know that you understand whatever happens I’ll be here.”

“I know you will be.”

“Promise you’ll talk to me if you’re too uncomfortable with anything.” Jinki’s brows furrowed. “And I mean anything. If they misgender you I’ll correct them.”

The corner of Jonghyun’s lips quirked up as he lifted his hand to cup Jinki’s jaw. “You know they will. To them, I’m an expecting mother.”

Jinki moved to kiss Jonghyun’s palm. “All you have to do is tell me to do it and I will.”

“Thank you,” He gave a little laugh before wiggling his fingers. “I wish to sit up and kiss you can you assist me?”

With a soft snort, Jinki did as they were asked. Once Jonghyun was on the edge of the rocker Jinki smiled. “Is that better?”

“Perfect.” He gave them a sweet few kisses before quietly saying. “Don’t worry about correcting them. I’ll need you by my side the entire time.”

“Aye Aye Captain.” When Jonghyun kissed their nose Jinki’s face scrunched.

“You know, we have to put these clothes away.”

“I thought that was your half of the bargain.” Jinki squinted. “I got the crib and you got the clothes.”

“Mmm, yes.” Jonghyun twirled a piece of Jinki’s hair around his finger. “But my feet hurt a lot and my back from you know carrying your baby.”

“Are you guilting me?” Jinki asked playfully.

“Possibly.”

“Uh huh.” Jinki kissed him sweetly, squeezing his chin softly after sticking their tongue out. “Just because I love you.”

Jonghyun beamed, leaning back comfy in his chair, rocking as he watched Jinki move around the room to put the folded clothes and blankets in their right places along the room. “You look hot though Sweetums.”

Jinki looked over their shoulder after pushing the cloth bin full of socks back on the shelf. “Flattery will get you everywhere.”

He snorted.

Jinki pressed a kiss to Jonghyun’s forehead, letting the man squeeze their hand until their fingers were white. “I can’t do this Jinki. I can’t-”

They caressed his jaw, causing him to look at them as they smiled. Jinki wiped his forehead with their hand, pushing back his sweat-damp hair. “I know it’s bad baby, but you’re almost there.”

As the pain subsided for a moment Jonghyun sobbed quietly, nuzzling his head into Jinki’s shoulder. “Don’t leave.. After- don’t leave.”

“I won’t. I’m always here.” They caressed his hair a few times as they shared at glance at the doctor down below. “This is it, Baby. Just one more big push okay?”

Just when he thought he couldn’t do it anymore the wail cut through the air and he felt as if he could breathe again.

—-

In Jinki’s arms, freshly changed and dressed in their going home outfit, was Misun. Jonghyun had watched fondly as Jinki had put the clothes on the small babe. Just over 6 lbs, a head full of hair, and the cutest little nose. Jinki held Misun up with the brightest smile. They had been so amused at the little overalls and matching hate. “Look there Misunnie. It’s Daddy.”

Jonghyun softly laughed as their baby just opened mouthed at Jinki’s finger gently pressing into their cheek. “It might help if their eyes were open Sweetums.”

“Mm, well it’s the thought that counts.” Jinki fixed Misun’s hat before walking up towards the head of the bed, to run a hand over Jonghyun’s hair. “Are you ready to go home, Baby boy?”

“Very.” He played with the hem of Jinki’s shirt he was wearing nervously. “I know I told you not to correct them, but getting misgendered is starting to get to me a little too much.”

Carefully, Jinki pressed a kiss to Jonghyun’s head before handing him the baby. “Well, let me go get the nurse. I’ve already signed you out and got the packet of home care.”

Jonghyun ran his thumb over Misun’s little chin before looking up at his partner. “I love you a lot.”

Jinki grinned. “I love you a lot more.”

—-

Jonghyun didn’t look up from Misun sleeping in their crib when he heard the footsteps of Jinki coming up the hallway. The door slowly opened, Jinki slipping through the small opening before closing it behind them. They smiled sweetly, as they spoke, “Baby boy.”

“Hey,” Jonghyun whispered, wrapping his arms tighter around himself, finally looking over at Jinki slowly. He gave a small grin, but he couldn’t foster up more.

“I went to get the pizza and they told me you came in here to check on Misunnie.” Jinki walked over and carefully knelt in front of him, hands on Jonghyun’ knees. Their eyes were bright and warm, reflecting their understanding. “For a half an hour.”

“I wasn’t expecting there to be people here, that’s all.” He swallowed thickly.

“I’m sorry Baby. I didn’t mean to overwhelm you just-” Jinki found his hands tightly in their own. “My parents wanted to see the Baby and so did Kibum and your sister.”

“No, it’s okay. They’ve all been really sweet and understanding of my space.” Jonghyun took a deep breath, but when he tried to exhale it was broken into pieces as his emotions got the best of him. “My mom isn’t here.”

“Oh Baby,” Jinki breathed out before they were moving to wrap their arms around his middle, pressing their head into his stomach softly. “I’m sorry.”

“I left a voicemail on her cell when I went into labor,” He blubbered quietly. “I thought when Misunnie came she’d-”

Jinki lifted their head, smiling as they wiped Jonghyun’s tears. “If you want to go visit her when you feel a bit better, I’ll get Misunnie all together, and hold your hand the entire time. You’re safe with me always Jonghyun.”

“I still hear her voice.” Jonghyun bit his lip, trying to stop it from trembling so badly. “Yelling at me.. At you. What would we have done if Kibum didn’t allow me to move in with you?”

“I’d have found another place.” Jinki sounded so sure, so completely sure. “I know that they aren’t the same as your mom, but my family.. Your family.. Are out there waiting to love you and our child, if you allow them. If you don’t.. If you want to stay in here with Misun, I’ll tell them you don’t feel well.”

It took Jonghyun a moment to softly ask, “Will you hold my hand?”

Jinki held out theirs, palm up with a huge smile. “Of course.”

—-