Take the Dive (Jongyu + Jongtae)

Jjongie Month

Let me loose in your ocean, So I can only be filled with you
I wanna know you, From your surface, To the other side of the ocean, oh I
Take the dive 

w/c 1.6k

Pairing: Jongyu + Jongtae (mentioned a lot but Taemin isn’t in it physically?)

Atlantis Au, where Jinki’s the Emperor of the lost City of Atlantis, which happens to be thriving on the bottom of the ocean, and Jonghyun is in love with two different men, Living with Taemin on Land, and visiting Jinki when he can

He could feel the warmth of his song descending over him the closer he got to the cliff’s edge. His fingers tingled, eyes fluttering close as the soothing breeze blew from the ocean below, and grass cool and soft under his bare feet. Come Beautiful.. Come to me

He let out a stuttered breath, the powerful yet soft voice of his lover traveling over him. The waves below crashed against the rock, the roar of the ocean reaching his ears. Most people would stand on the edge of a 300 foot cliff and panic, but he only felt peaceful and relaxed. Take the Dive Beautiful. I’ll catch you.

He took a deep breath and stepped forward, falling from the edge. Wind rushed passed his face, he felt the mist of the crashing waves, before warm water wrapped around him and brought him safely under the surface of the ocean. When he slowly opened his eyes he saw the golden light coming closer. The burning of his eyes and in his lungs stopped as the warmth of the light reached his skin. Then he saw his lover’s beautiful face. His dark red hair was floating around him, big smile on his face as he moved closer, pressing a deep kiss to his lips. Is that better?

When he could finally breathe, he lifted his hand to gently move through his lovers hair. I couldn’t resist your call.

Their fingers were gently intertwined, Come, let’s get somewhere a little drier, my dear Jonghyun.

The water was clear and beautiful, the flourishing life within slowly coming out in all it’s wonder, and no matter how many times he took this path to the sunken city of Atlantis it still was like a whole new world. The bracelet around his lover’s wrist glowed as they neared, the sparkling barrier of the huge city at the bottom of the ocean floor. Gracefully, he watched as the man next to him landed upon the platform, tugging him down and curling his arm around his side to keep him from floating away. With sure steps they made their way through the shimmering barrier and the beautiful city finally came into view without the ancient protective barrier masking their presence.

Once on dry land Jonghyun was tugged closer, a warm kiss pressed to his lips as he felt the hand flat against his lower back. “I missed you so terribly, my love that I had to see you. I hope I didn’t interrupt anything.”

He took a moment to gaze at the man, his beautiful crescent eyes, the soft wave of his hair around his face, the gentleness of his smile. “Taemin was sleeping so…” The beautiful smile of his fell and Jonghyun’s heart ached. “Forgive me for mentioning it, Jinki.”

The easy smile was back on Jinki’s face, hand coming up to cup Jonghyun’s damp cheek. “I often forget you are in love with another as well that gets to have you far more than I do. Do not fret. Over time I’ll understand why you choose this double life instead of immortality with me here.”

“Don’t look at me like that,” Jonghyun leaned into the touch even if his words went against the comfort the caress gave him. “I love you, but I love Taemin too.”

“I know,” Jinki hummed, hand falling for a moment as did his gaze, his thoughts running quickly to understand the situation. “I love you far more than I should. I break my father’s rules still in law even under my rule every time I call for you. I fear one day circumstances may force you to make a choice between your two lives My love.”

“What circumstances would ever force me to do that?”

Jinki gave a little smile, “The day you tell Him your other lover is the King of the long lost city of Atlantis that you visit when you hear his song and can’t ignore it.”

“Oh.” Jonghyun still curled their fingers together when Jinki offered his hand, and followed him toward the train that would take them to the palace in the center of the city. “There are a few things that are bothering me that I wish to speak about once we return to your rooms.”

The train doors slid open soundlessly, just as their footsteps were as they climbed aboard. Jinki lifted his bracelet against the panel near the open doors and a moment later they were speeding off, just as the doors closed. He pressed a sweet kiss to Jonghyun’s drying hair and whispered, “Of course, My love.”

—-

His wet clothes were given to be cleaned and dried, he was given a warm bath in Jinki’s personal bathroom, and warm clothes to wear. There were trays of food on the table in the middle of the room, bits and pieces gone from them eating, but Jonghyun was curled up in the large canopy bed, gently swinging from the breeze coming from the window. Jinki was across the way, long hair tied up messy with a few ribbons and pins, robe open and swishing around his knees where it ended, bare underneath besides his undergarments. He smiled when he heard Jonghyun call his name, chewing the grape he had popped into his mouth a moment before as he gazed over at him. “Yes, my love?”

“Join me please.” Carefully, he made his way over, bare feet softly padding against the stone floors. Once settled in front of him, legs criss crossed, Jonghyun spoke again. “I’ve never told Taemin about you in anything more than that you as my lover in general exist, is because deep down I know I could never love you in the same place at the same time. You’d never allow me to bring Taemin here even if he would give up his entire life on land to live here with me.. Us. Soon I will age older than you appear. Soon I’ll be too old to make the trek to the cliff, or the swim here. I guess it dawned on me that I would have to make a choice.”

He could see the panic within Jinki’s beautiful eyes. “Is this your way of telling me I am not the one you choose?”

“No,” Jonghyun bit his lip, “This is my way of saving I haven’t made my choice.. That I’m not sure if I ever could. I’ve known Taemin since we were kids, but I’ve known you since we moved to the house by the sea. All my life I’ve loved two men. I’ll go on the rest of my life loving two men. I could never love just one.”

“What are you asking of me Jonghyun?” Jinki’s voice was just as warm and soft as it always had been, but there was a hard edge around the surface.

“I am asking, that if you really love me enough to invite me into your world, maybe, just maybe, you’d,” His gaze lifts, hands shaking a little in his lap just as his bottom lip starts to tremble. “Allow Taemin to come with me.”  

Jinki blinked at him slowly, trying his hardest to process the words. “You wish me to open my world to another land walker?”

“You’d never leave your Kingdom, your people, and I’d never ask you to give it all up for me.” Jonghyun reached hesitantly for Jinki’s hands and let out a breath of relief when the man let him take them as usual. “I’ve loved you since I was 15, when I thought I was just going through a phase and somewhat dreaming of this wonderful world you shared with me. I’m almost thirty two. I don’t want to grow old if I’d be leaving you behind.”

“You know the depth of what you’re asking me to do, correct Jonghyun?” Jinki slowly asked, eyes so wise beyond his appearance. When he saw Jonghyun gently nod he smile a little, “I’ll think about it. Oh, Baby, Please don’t cry.”

Jonghyun sniffled, dipping his head to hide himself, but Jinki lifted his gaze with his hand on his chin. His fingers were soft as they wiped his tears. “I feel like this is the last time I’ll be here.. With you.”

“I’ll need to meet him, see how good his heart is. You know what happens when dark hearted people try to enter the barrier.” Jinki smiled a little before leaning to kiss his nose quickly. “I know I told you for the longest time you must never tell anyone about me.. About my world, but you have my grace to tell Taemin.”

“Really?”

“I don’t want to give you up and I’ll do anything to keep you.” Jinki caressed his cheek with his thumb, smiling when he saw the light in Jonghyun’s eyes shining bright. “Even if it’s learning to share you with someone I’ve been jealous of for almost 15 years.”

“You’re jealous of Taemin?” Jonghyun’s browns crinkled, “Why? You have everything anyone could ask for.”

“Everything except you living in my world the majority of the time.” He petted Jonghyun’s soft, dark hair. “He got you 90 percent of the nights of time, 90 percent of the mornings waking up to you.. He got the 90 percent I never got to see. That, I’ll always be jealous of no matter how understanding I grow to become of your love for another.”

“Oh Jinki…” Jonghyun breathed out quickly, pushing up to climb into his lap. His fingers moved into his hair, lips pressed against his forehead, as his eyes squeezed shut. He felt Jinki’s arms wrapping around him tightly, the shuddered breath leaving his lips, and the way his fingers gripped the back of his shirt almost desperately. “You must know how often I yearned to be with you my love. I love you so much. So much Babe, so damn much.”

Jinki nuzzled into his chest, holding him tightly, as if he planned to never let him go. Maybe in the end, it was him who’d have to take the dive to know and love all there was to his Jonghyun.