Elevator (jongyu)

Jjongie Month

Be honest, be honest with me

Don’t hide it, please don’t hide it

Since when did you start crying?

Do you know what kind of face you’re making?

w/c: 650 or something, a little shorter than all my others but

but this is the prequel to [x], this is angst because jongyu are fighting but if you read the next part it’ll all work out I promise :D

He gave Jinki a quick glance. The man was leaning against the other side of the elevator, head lolled against the metal of the side, arms crossed over his chest, and eyes closed. His bottom lip was being chewed on and Jonghyun knew he was overthinking things. Their huge fight outside the restaurant they were at for Minho’s birthday was still hanging over their heads, like a guillotine with the rope about to be cut. The elevator dinged as they arrived at their floor and Jinki made no move to leave. With a heavy breath Jonghyun moved out, throwing his arm out to block the doors from closing too soon. He was unlocking their front door when he heard Jinki’s soft footsteps padding against the wood of the hallway floor.

He left the door open as he went into the small dining room, placing his coat on the table along with his keys. The file on the kitchen counter caught his eye and he deeply frowned. Jinki’s coat was tossed on the couch, his full pockets thunking a little as it hit. When Jonghyun turned to look at him he was leaning against the back of the couch with his arms crossed over his chest. “So are we going to talk about what happened at the party Jonghyun?”

“What is there to talk about?” He grumbled, turning away to fuss unnecessarily with his jacket.

“Oh, the ‘If he even stays around’ comment when Minho’s mom invited us to Christmas isn’t something to talk about?” Jinki calmly asked. “Am I going somewhere I don’t know about Jonghyun?”

“I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Sorry to disappoint you yet again, but we’re most definitely going to talk about it.” Jinki gestured toward him with his hand. “What made you so angry Jonghyun?”

“You’re leaving me!”

Jinki visibly flinched. “What do you mean?”

With a few steps Jonghyun slammed his hand on the file and turned, fuming, as he held it up. “This! I saw the ing job offer. You’re moving across the ing country and leaving me here.”

“I haven’t given that as much as a glance since my boss handed it to me.” Jinki refuted, brows furrowing. “You really think I’d just decide on moving across the damn country and leave you?”

“You didn’t even bring it up!”

“Because I’m not ing interested?” Jinki stepped away from the couch, arms falling from across his chest. “What’s the point of talking about it if I don’t want the damn job?”

“You brought it home. You’ve been distant lately.” Jonghyun frowned. “Why would you have a file if you weren’t planning on looking through it?”

“Because my boss handed it to me and told me to think about it. I took it home and laid it on that counter and haven’t touched it since. You really got me ed up Jonghyun.” Jinki’s calm demeanor was gone, his tone of voice rising as well as the volume. “We’ve been together for years Jonghyun. Is my love that feeble to you that you think I’d just drop you like that? I’ve been really ing busy at work this week and I thought you understood that. I guess my love and this relationship doesn’t mean the loyalty and devotion I thought it did.”

“You’re the one pulling away and keeping secrets.” Jonghyun hissed. “You should just ing leave. Get out!”

His anger dwindled when he saw the tears in Jinki’s eyes. His heart ached a little as Jinki’s gaze fell, little sniffles as he wiped his nose with the back of his finger. When Jinki looked up again his expression showed just how hurt he was. “Since you want me to leave so badly, consider us done Jonghyun.”

He grabbed his coat, slipped on his shoes and grabbed his keys from the hook. He looked back once, just before he took the last step out, but then he was continuing on his way and slamming the door behind him.