six

거짓말 Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Are you lying, or being lied to?

 

She's been monitoring Jaebum for two weeks now and hadn't gained nothing much except for the places he visit frequently; Kim's family manor, the office building and some random restaurant and coffee shops. There's a certain pattern to his movement that is difficult for her to break down his motive, it was as if he had been anticipating someone would be tailing behind him and decided to put this much effort hiding his trail. But today, Hakyeon had told her to come here because he has some good news for her.

Seulgi entered the basement with light steps.

Apparently, Hakyeon had managed to trace down another person for her too. An important puzzle piece that can give her information. Seulgi is going to meet her soon.

 

"Tell me now."

Hakyeon threw her an incredulous look when she stood in front of him with her feral grin. He's been tiptoeing around her at first after she threatened to cut his throat on their first meeting, but he had done his job excellently so she had promised to spare his life. They'd become more toleratable towards each other since then.

"Jaebum had been meeting with this woman for a few times now. She seemed to be a dealer for illegal underground society. A very dangerous woman, cunning and slick to the bone. She had caused an uproar among her clients with all the dirty secrets she kept. You'll be meeting her at Da'un Cafe, first floor. Remember, only two minutes."

"That's all I need to know. I'll go now."

 "But Seulgi," he grabbed her hands before she could walk away, "She has a son. Two years old. Whatever business you have with her, don't kill the mother of an innocent child. He won't survive in Seoul alone."

Seulgi scoffed. Too softhearted.

"The foster can take care of him better than his mother."

"They're foreigner. It's gonna be hard."

With a grin she said, "I won't promise you anything."

 

 

 

 

If you want to work a lie, do it confidently.

 

It was a small cafe with forest green theme. There aren't many customers and Seulgi walked towards the table number 7 and took a seat. The woman is already waiting, holding a cup of tea in her hands.

"Hey, nice to meet you, Ameera."

Ameera regarded Seulgi with inquisitive eyes, scanning her up and down before accepting her hand. The woman is beautiful, a bit tanned with soft features and kind smile. Not intimidating at all like she expected. Her accent is light and lilting as she spoke in a hushed voice.

"Who is your master?"
"I have no master. I'm here for business."

Ameera took a sip of her drink.

"What's your name then, young lady?"

Seulgi gritted her teeth. She isn't going to waste her two minutes like this.

"Give me the book now, Ameera., and I promise I won't touch a hair on your precious son. Daniel is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter