two

거짓말 Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the silence of the alleyway under flickering neon lamps, a figure is fast approaching from behind. She tried to caught him off guard by attacking him when he's not expecting it but Jaebum's reflex is much faster. He deftly wade off her hands from his neck.  

Jaebum leaned against the mouldy wall and crossed his hands.

"Why do you want to see me?" he asked her.

"You look stressed. What's wrong?" Seulgi asked while feigning innocence, as if she wasn't about to strangle him from behind just now.

"Nothing much, I think." 

"Oh yeah?" A swift jab aiming to his ribs could've have the air knocked out of his lungs but Jaebum quickly twist her hands loosely and pull her over his shoulders.

"Put me down!" 

He dumped her on the ground and Seulgi glared at him while brushing off her clothes.

"We won't be able to kill each other off, Seulgi. Our way of thinking had been intruded, broken down and reshaped by Scorpio to be the same, a replica of each other. We think and we act exactly like they taught us. No matter how bad we wanted to finish each other off, we just can't. We both had trained together once. The skills we possesed, it was passed down from the same origin, how to attack, how to handle guns. The right way to hurt, to kill and to destroy."

 

They had tried to kill each other off many times before but both of them knows that neither of them ever intended to hurt each other for real. It's just that action is the only communication method they knew other than to say words verbally. Their body is already syncronised with each other like a pendulum tied to a string. 

Jaebum hold up something near to her face that caused her to grit her teeth.

"And things like this isn't going to work on me, you know." He crushed the bug in his hands. It was a tracker that Seulgi had slipped into his suit when he met her in the room.

They sat in the silence for a moment.


Seulgi take out a pocket knife from her clothes. She unsheathed it and traced the blade carefully. It was the first knife she received when Jaebum and her had grew up under Scorpio and befriended each other. Jaebum was always there for her then. But it's all the past.

"I love you, Seulgi."

Seulgi closed her eyes and tuned out everything Jaebum is saying because she's done on getting hurt all over again. Sometimes it feels like Jaebum is grating on her already raw nerves with his lies. His big fat lies that she can't help but foolishly fell for, over and over again.

His love confession is just a lie. The old Jaebum would never throw love words like it's nothing. He knew what's Seulgi's weakness are -that she's holding on to that bleak hope that someday they could go back to the good times. But the word "I love

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter