four

거짓말 Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We are nothing if not liars and cowards.

 

It's already dawn when Jaebum stopped the car outside of a convenience store somewhere in the outskirt. He patted an asleep Jennie on the shoulder to wake her up and lead her inside. There's nobody in sight and everything is quiet around the store as the people is mostly still deep in slumber. The worker sitting behind the counter ignored them and doesn't even bother to bat an eyelash at the cut on her forehead and Jaebum's bloody shirt as he half-carry Jennie to sit on a bench.

She hissed loudly when Jaebum tried to clean the wound with some alcohol and grabbed his hand to stop him. All the traces of sleep is already gone and she is now wide awake from the pain.

"That hurts." 

Jaebum frowned but kept silent. He haven't said anything else since they started their journey. After a while, he put away the cotton pad and proceeded with the band aid. When he is finished, Jennie deliberately sneaked her hands around his lean waist and buried her face into his chest, breathing steady and calm. 

But Jaebum stiffened up immediately.

"Don't do this." He said and for a moment, Jennie is afraid that she'll be pushed away. He let out a soft sigh. "My shirt is dirty."

"Are you still angry at me?" She tightened his hold around him. "I'm sorry, I don't understand what did I do wrong, but I'm sorry. Please don't be angry anymore."

Her voice is so soft and small that it caused something in him to ache forlornly. Jaebum mind is whirling w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter