nine

거짓말 Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We painted our own ending with blood and pain because we know that is all that we ever deserved.

 

 

Scorpio had lost many of their important members and are falling apart very quickly. Jaebum and his team managed to infiltrate the building within half an hour. Dozens of Scorpion members were taken down as they make their way to the headquarter.

"Make sure you catch every last one of them and tie them down."
"Yes, sir!"

 

Inside their headquarters, Jaebum had to face their sector's leaders. There are three of them, all three were such familiar figures of his chilhood. Despite the fact that they were his mentors once, none of them had recognized who he is. They were so certain he was dead and that is ultimately their downfall.

The fighting had came easy to him like a well rehearsed memory. He knows exactly the way they fight like the back of his hands, he could read them like an open book. Their movement were predictable to him, and he was faster and stronger than them. After all, they are the same person who had made him who he is today. 

He swear he will remember everything that had happen here, in Scorpio, until his last breath. Jaebum was once Scorpio's sword. They sharpened him, gleamed him with unmatchable skills and wield him as they pleased. And then, when they belatedly realised that he was too powerful and smart to be kept alive, they feel threatened and insecure of such a small boy. And so they destroy him, his family, his life.

And today, that very swords would stab them in the back before they could even blink.

 

 

***


The last of Scorpio's defense had come crumbling down in front of their eyes. Ameera had been assigned to release the sleeping gas through the ventilator and many of the remaining members dropped down and passed out before they could even fight back. But they spared the leaders from the naptime, as they will be needed to provide information.

"Where did you hide the Stinger children that you kidnapped years before this?," Jennie whispered to the leader of Scorpion main division. The woman's steely eyes glared at her, her temple bleeding from earlier fight.

"Why do you think I'd tell you that?" she spit at Jennie's face and laughed loudly.

Jennie scoffed, wiped her face calmly before taking out her gun and shot her right arm. The woman let out a bloody scream before she bit her lips to stop making noise.

Jaebum stopped her when she aimed the gun at the woman's head.

"We need her, Jennie. She's useless when she's dead." He reminded her. 
"Don't worry. I have another way." She smiled at him and swiftly shot the woman in the head. She was dead before her body even hit the ground.

Jaebum caught her hand before she could do anything else.

"Jennie, you are not yourself right now. Don't do things you'll regret later." Jaebum held her hands gently with a worried look. Jennie touched both of his cheeks, "I'm doing what I should've done long time ago. I only need you by my side. You believe in me, right?" Her eyes looks hopeful, as if Jaebum is the only person that matters to her. Even if the whole world is doomed, she could live as long as he is with her.

Jaebum nodded, but his emotion is wiped clean from his face. Jennie smiled at him and turned back to the leaders. She sneered at them.

The two other leaders looked at her with contempt and disgust. One of them then said, "Who are you, young lady? You kill people with such ease, like they were nothing. You are a heartless monster."

"Do you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter