one

거짓말 Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Of course love is real

 

Reporters start to push each other around when they saw Jennie walking out from the press conference hall -their voices overlapped with each other as their shouts and urges echoed inside the grand building and bounced off the soundproof wall. 

Each of them demand attention from her, as time slowly ticks down, they are becoming more restless, more desperate. Even if there's a slight tilt of her her head in their way, they'll start throwing questions and shoved their recorders into her way. All the cacophony of sounds is almost muffled by the non-stop clicks clicks of shutters and blinding flashlights. From the window of the opposite building, a sniper is hunched over the barrier while her gaze trained precisely on the target. The corner of tugged slightly upwards, pleased to know that it takes only one easy shot to finish her job.

 

Should I play around first? Just to make it more interesting.

 

 

Jennie grits her teeth and keep walking past them without offering any answers to their questions -she doesn't have anything to say at all. They already knew what needed to be known and she's not planning to tell more than that. Anger boiled inside her and linger just underneath her skin like a prickling heat that she had to take a deep breath to stop herself from growling at all the people who showed no respect towards her family's privacy and dared to block her way to the exit. 

 

"Jennie-ssi, is the rumour circulating around your late mother a truth?"

"She passed away because of a car accident but why did your family kept it as a secret until now?"

"Did your family really--"

 

The question was cut short when a bullet had shattered the window and lodged straight into the nosy reporter's head. Jennie's eyes widened when the blood had splattered on her face. The body slumped down nearby her feet and her legs almost give up on her. Around them people had started screaming and running away from the hall.

Seulgi aimed it again when everyone is pushing to get away and save themselves. She pulled the trigger without any hesitation after counting silently under her breath. But when Jaebum appeared out of nowhere and pushed Jennie out of the way the bullet had hit his upper shoulder slightly and she was taken aback.

She should've finish her job and kill Jennie when her bodyguards is down by one but seeing Jaebum clutching onto his shoulder while grimacing in pain had froze her finger on the trigger. Because of a spilt second of hesitation, she lost to him. Jaebum had caught her movement from the corner of his eye but did nothing to stop her. He let her go.

 

***

 

There's a warm hand on the small of her back that guided her safely all the way to her ride where the authorities had taken over to control the situation. Two more bodyguards clad in black suits trails behind them quietly, always on alert to the surrounding. Jaebum opened the door of the back seat for her but Jennie refused to enter. The parking lot for V

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter