The Truth Behind The Warrior

The Demon Of Desire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You’re the Hellbourne aren’t you?”

Eunha froze.

“W..What did you say?”

“You’re reaction just now during dinner, plus the fact that you are a rogue guardian sums it all up.”

Eunha panicked she held her phone with shaky hands as her lips started to tremble in fear.

“I believe this is something not worth to be said through a call.” Sowon said before hanging up.

A bright red flash appeared in front of Eunha as Sowon appeared. She faced Eunha and moved closer to her. The sudden appearance cause Eunha to yelp in fear.

“Tell me Eunha. Are you a Hellbourne.” Sowon sounded serious.

Eunha opened her palm as she recited the only spell she knew over and over in her head. Preparing to use it if necessary.

“Sowon...I...i don’t understand.”

“Tell me Jung Eunha!” Sowon yelled at her.

She knew that there was no chance of getting out of this situation now, the only thing she could do now is to tell the truth. She took in a deep breath and let it out.

“I am.”

Her palm now ready and the spell at the tip of her tongue. Sowon stood back eyes locked with hers as she sighed deeply.

“That’s all i needed to know.”

“EMICAT”

Sowon chanted as her body disappeared the same way she entered. Eunha sat on her bed with perspiration dripping down her forehead. 

“What was that about?” Eunha said while wiping of beads of perspiration off her forehead.

She was told that it would be a privilege for a guardian to kill a hellbourne but yet the first guardian to find out left without even touching her. Her mind was in utter chaos at that moment. 

She lay on her bed and closed her eyes as she drifted away from this god forsaken place to her dreamland where she knows she will be in peace.

The next day Eunha did her usual morning routine and got ready for school. But she won’t be returning from today onwards as she will be moving in to the headquarters.

She packed her stuff and got ready to leave. She told Yerin and Sana that she had been selected to stay in a new dormitory for further studies.

“Eunha take care and do your best. Visit us on the weekends ok?” Yerin said as she hugged Eunha tightly.

“Damn Yerin relax, i’m still in the same country just won’t be living under the same roof.”

“But it’s still too far for me.” Yerin whined as Eunha hugged her back.

Eunha chuckled and hugged her sister tightly, she grabbed her luggage and walked out of her house where she met Jisoo standing next to a well dressed man with shades.

“Hey Eunha, pass your luggage to him and he’ll take it to your ‘dorm’ and i’ll see you after school.” Jisoo said.

Eunha dragged her luggage over as the man took it from her hands and loaded it into the trunk of his car and drove off.

“Excuse me for bothering but may i have a word with my daughter for a while.” Eunha’s father said as he approached from behind.

Jisoo nodded her head and moved aside giving them some privacy. Eunha’s dad took out a long necklace with an amulet and gave it to her.

“Take this with you. It got me through my years as a trainee and i’m pretty sure it’ll do the same for you.”

“What does it do?” Eunha asked as she puts on the necklace.

“It’s a good luck charm. In case you miss me. It helped me remember my family during my training days, i hope it does the same for you.”

Eunha hugged her dad before making her way to school. Despite starting a new chapter of her life as a guardian, Eunha still had to attend school to prevent any suspicions from arising.

She walked to the school gates and met Sana at the entrance, the both of them started chatting as they took their books from their lockers. As soon as Eunha closed the door, Sowon grabbed her by the wrist.

“Eunha come with me for a while.” 

“Sorry Sana i’ll be right back.” Eunha said to Sana who just stood there flustered.

Without hesitation she dragged Eunha with her and brought her into an empty classroom.

“What was that about?” Eunha asked frustratedly.

“You’re coming with me after class today no excuses. Unless you want the everyone to know about your dirty little secret.”

“So now you’re threatening me? Why don’t you just kill right here and now, claim the title and tell everyone.” Eunha clenched her fist in anger.

“That was never my plan.” Sowon said as she left the room leaving Eunha in there.

“What?” Eunha held her head in confusion.

Moments later she gave up on her thoughts and walked back to class as she was getting late. She stepped in and took her seat in between Sana and Sowon. Sana saw Eunha’s troubled face and told her,

“Keep your troubles to yourself and you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter