The Journey Begins

The Demon Of Desire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A while sooner, a new face enters the classroom and stood in front of the class. 

“A very good morning students. Your teacher called in sick and i’m here to fill in for him. Please continue with your assignments.” The substitute said before sitting down behind her desk.

“Hey Eunha is she new?” Sana asked.

“I haven’t seen her around before so i guess so.”

As the two girl continued with their work, Sowon lifted her head from the table and her line of vision met the teacher’s.

“Not this again...” Sowon sighed.

Both Sana and Eunha heard her as they stared at her wondering what she was talking about.

“You alright Sowon?” Eunha asked.

“Just don’t bother about it.” She replied. 

Eunha scanned around the class trying to see what triggered Sowon. She looked around and noticed that the substitute teacher was staring at her. When their eyes made contact, the teacher just smirked and looked away after.

Eunha started to feel uncomfortable, she decided to ignore the teacher. She started to think that she was a demon, but her face hasn’t morphed into something hideous yet.

Eunha turned back to Sowon and saw her sleeping with her head on the desk. 

“She must really be tired. For someone who doesn’t talk much, she sure can sleep well.” Sana said to Eunha.

Hours later the school bell rangg signalling the end of lessons. Before the teacher left the class she stood in front of th class and cleared .

“Class dismissed. You at the back stay back for a bit.” She said as she pointed at Sowon whom sighed louder as a response.

The whole class turned their heads to Sowon and started whispering to each other. 

“What did she do wrong?” Eunha asked the teacher in the front.

“Eunha...” Sana nudged her shoulder and signalled her to keep quiet but Eunha wasn’t ready to back down.

Eunha didn’t like the way people were treating Sowon just because of a mistake she made before. She never liked people who look down on others, she had always made it her duty to protect those who are mistreated.

“I’m sorry but this does not concern you at all. Class dismissed.” The teacher replied sternly before gesturing the class to leave.

Everyone walked of class except Sowon who just remained seated while everyone went off. Eunha walked out angrily but the moment she moved past the teacher, she felt a  tingling sensation travel down her spine. 

She turned to face the teacher with a horrified look. The teacher stared back at her, her eyes focusing on Eunha’s as Eunha walked pass her.

“Hey seriously what’s wrong with you these days?” Sana said as she grabbed onto Eunha’s arm.

“So many things.” Eunha replied softly.

“Give it time i’m sure everything will make more sense sooner or later.”

“I doubt it...”

The both of them were walking towards the entrance, suddenly Eunha stood still head hung low. Sana went over and asked if she was okay but Eunha just stared at her.

“I’m sorry Sana i have to go.” 

Eunha turned around and ran away from Sana who just stood there in shock. Sana kept on calling Eunha’s name as she saw her friend disappear along the school hallway.

Eunha ran back to class as she stood outside the door. She took a peek through the stained glass window and saw that the teacher was now pointing a blade at Sowon as if she was threatening her.

Eunha didn’t hesitate as she kicked down the door and stormed in. She raised her palm and chanted a spell she used before.

“IGNATIUS DEMENTE”

A bright bolt of energy shot straight at the teacher but she turned around in time. 

“PRAESIDIO”

A blue barrier formed at the palm of her hand absorbing the blast from Eunha as she stared at the teacher in shock.

“You’re a guardian!” Sowon said.

“Why i ought t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter