Future? Mirai?

다크 라이트 (Dark Light)

The rain was pouring heavily. I unfolded my umbrella and ran towards the playground. Rawoon texted me just now that he will be waiting there, in the playground, in the middle of the rain. He must be out of his mind. From distance, I could see a guy was swinging the swing back and forth. He was soaking wet. I sighed heavily and ran towards him. I put the umbrella above his head. He finally stopped swinging and looked at me with a small smile. 


"You are here?", he spoke up. He looked so down even with the smile on his face. 


"Rawoon-ah, why are you waiting here anyway. You might catch a cold", I said to him. 


Silence. He looked away, sorting his mind.


"Future. I was thinking about my future. How far would I go? What kind of adult I would be? Will I be happy?", he mumbled. "I have this one dream--", he continued. I listened to him attentively. We always spent our time like this. He had a lot to say and I'll be the listener. I was pretty good at it.


"I want to graduate from a top culinary university and open my own theme cafe. That'll be interesting right", he said again, now looking at me. I laughed upon hearing it. He too.


"Traveling will be nice too--", he said again


"I'll agree with that one-- But theme cafe??", I shook my head in denial. His parents won't agree with that one. His brain was too good to just graduate from a culinary school. 


"--but if you really want to do it I'll support you all the way to the top", I said again. As we were talking something bothered me a bit. Rawoon kept sniffing in between sentence. He told me he consumed anxiety pill before but he didn't mention about it for awhile already. He said he will take it if he felt anxious and had panic attack. He always had to attend function with his family and he didn't feel easy in a big crowd. He dislike it. 


"You okay right lately?", I spoke up, staring into his eyes. He tried to hide it but his face looked so gloomy. I put one of my hand on his shoulder while the other hand was still holding the umbrella. "If anything ever bother you, don't keep it to yourself. I'll always be here. Remember that", I said eagerly. I knew he was hiding something. He curled a warm smile and put his hand on top of mine. "I'm okay", the guy lied.

We then parted our way since my mom called for dinner. I gave him the umbrella. He looked like he still wanted to stay there for a little more.