Rawoon, The Long Hair Einstein.

다크 라이트 (Dark Light)

I walked into a cafe downtown. It was a classic retro cafe. Rawoon was working there. It had been a week since he stopped his cram school just to work here. It was one of his family business. He said he is too good to attend the cram school. Indeed, he was the top student in his grade. 


"Hey Rawool, I buy this for you", I approached his little brother, playing at the corner of the cafe. He was solving a jig zaw puzzle. Too young for the game though.


"I'm not a kid", the 5 years old boy replied me curtly upon seeing the lollipops that I put in front of him.


"Really.. then nuna will give this to your hyung.. Rawoon!!--", I called Rawoon, teasing the kid. He really didn't like sharing his stuff with his big brother. I just chuckled when he grabbed the lollipops and put inside his bag. "No, I'll take it", the kid grumbled. Rawoon also laughed from the counter. I could see him busy entertaining the customers. Most of the customers were female high school students and the students from the campus nearby. Well, most of them came just to flirt with Rawoon. He was so famous in this neighborhood thanks to his family conglomerate status. A conglomerate was working as a part timer at a cafe. Everyone loved the concept. He even have the perfect features for a boyfriend material. Good-looking, friendly and tall. And ladies also went crazy with his silky, long-hair. Ugh I hated that hair. Dana too. Thanks to him the boys used to tease our hair back then. But once we're in high school, Dana and I always went to the saloon. Hair care is a must.
I scanned through the cafe. I could notice the girls were talking about Rawoon. Some even snapped his pictures secretly. As I was scanning through the room, something caught my eyes. I curled a small smile upon seeing it. Kangmin seriously. 
Kangmin complained to us that his father cut his allowance. Well he did spend a big amount of money on his hobbies. Skateboarding. It was weird actually to see a genius hacker didn't have gaming as his hobby, instead he loved skateboarding.
After a while, Rawoon joined us. "Did Kangmin used your cafe as his store?", i asked him. He took a glance at the display rack in the middle of the room and laughed softly. 


"That one was the newest edition though", I continued, rolling my eyes. 


"Well you know him--", he said flipping his hair."-- you want something. I'll make it for you"


I put a big smile on my face upon hearing that. "--Iced Americano please", I begged. 


"Special", he added with a seductive tone, then winking at me. 


"Extra special", I elbowed him seducingly, trying to play along the temptation game. Rawool, the big-boy, was staring at us. He was a kid. No worries.


The lady-killer man chuckled amusingly, rose up from his seat and went into the counter.
As I was waiting for the coffee, I heard ladies voices behind me. And now the topic was about me. And I could hear clean & clear every single word coming from their mouth as if they purposely wanted me to hear that. They called me a , flirting with a rich kid. And they also said I go out with different rich guys every week, for money. Again, this was my first time hearing that. Every word that they uttered didn't really touched me. I found it very amusing. Their voice was just full of envy. I looked at Rawool. We exchanged a look. So the kid also heard that. He seemed mad.


I tried to sway his attention on something else.
"Rawool, this sunday you want to go to amusement park. Noona wants to go with your brother but he didn't have time. "


He was happy to hear my invitation. 


"Rawool-ah!!", Someone called him cheerfully. Rawool turned to the person and a huge smile appeared on his small face.


"Eomma", he rushed to his mom and hugged her. The woman hugged him back. She saw me and smiled. Jung Eunbyul ahjumma.


"Ahjumma"


I bowed at her with respect. "It has been awhile right? You've become prettier", the woman said. I laughed a bit after hearing her words. And there was Rawoon scoffing at the counter. I glared at him.


"Eomma, I miss you. Where is dad?", he walked out of the counter and hugged her tightly. 


"He is with you brother outside", she replied him. What? Rawoon's brother was here! "Ray is here", I whispered. Out of the blue, I became anxious.

Rawoon glanced at me and noticed my worries. My face almost showed it all. I gulped down the saliva down my throats. Again, my head was doing the calculation. I needed to get out of this cafe. Bad luck.


Last summer, Rawoon's mother invited my family for a dinner at her house. At first I didn't find it strange because my parents and Rawoon's parents were close together. But throughout the dinner, both Rawoon's parents kept matchmaking me and their eldest son, Ray. And guessed what, he already had a girlfriend. All of us knew about it except our parents. Since then I never attended any function if Ray was there. Thanks to Rawoon, I never saw him again after the last dinner.


"So..... I'll get going then --", I said to them. I looked at Rawoon and mouthing my 'americano'. He understood it real quickly and got one for me. "My treat", he said, handing me the Iced Americano cup. "Thanks", I replied, smiling half-heartedly. My mind was elsewhere. I was really in a rush. I didn't want to see your brother. The guy just chuckled, he knew what was playing in my mind now. I paid him a sharp glare before changing my look to his mother. 
"Lets meet again next time", I said to Eunbyul aunty before hugging her. I was trying to cut the conversation. I pinched Rawool's cheek before walking off the cafe. I was about to open the transparent door when someone already pulled it from outside. Ray. I forced myself to smile a bit. Without uttering any word, I paced down the road, leaving the cafe behind. I could feel his eyes were staring behind my back.


A
W
K
W
A
R
D