Under The Bright Sunlight

다크 라이트 (Dark Light)

It was early in the afternoon. I went to the ladies to fix my hair.I slept the whole morning since no lesson until recess because of teacher's meeting. Last night was Dana's birthday party so I stayed up late with the others playing truth or dare. I overnight at Dana's house while the others went back to their home even after Ms. Jung-ah, Dana's mother offered them to sleep at the guest room.


I stretched my arm, entering the ladies. Nobody was there. I untied my hair and fix my bang. I went into the stall and locked the door. As soon as I sat on the toilet bowl, a bucket of water was thrown onto me, drenching my uniform. Damn it. I heard giggles from outside. Hyunah and the gang. I hissed angrily. All of them left the toilet soon after. I chuckled in disbelief. I walked out of the stall and looked at myself on the mirror reflection. I just laughed upon seeing my state.  I was soaking wet. 


I sneaked a peak outside the bathroom and fortunately nobody ws in the hallway. I ran to the rooftop to dry myself since I got no spare clothes. I opened the door carefully. Great. Kento wasn't there. He must be sleeping in class. I paced to a corner where a bench was put there. I laid my self onto the bench, trying to dry my uniform under the sunlight. I put my arm on my eyes, shading from the bright afternoon sun. "It's great to be here again", I muttered inaudibly. 


As I was resting there, the sound of approaching footsteps were heard. I quickly sat back on the bench, snapping at the guy standing in front of me. I covered my chest since the drenched uniform stucked on my torso, exposing my undergarment. Kento frowned, staring at me with his wild eyes. 


"What are you looking at?-- ", I said, lowering down my voice on the last word. He handed me his jacket without saying anything. I took the jacket and put on me. He took a seat next to me. He still didn't utter any word. We stayed there in a good silence. I was still embarrassed and kept my head down. 
Ring!! The recess bell was heard, breaking the silence. I sighed heavily. 


"K-Kento-yah. Do me a favor", I opened my mouth and mustered my courage to look at him. He turned to me. We gazed into each other for several awkward sentence. I cleared my throat, "T-tell the teacher I am not feeling well. I-I will go home early. And--". 


He stood up before I finished my sentence. "I'll get your bag, just wait here", he said angrily before walked out of the rooftop. I was left there in awestruck. Did he just got mad at me. I sighed again.