Moonlight Confession

다크 라이트 (Dark Light)

Aunt Eunbyul dropped by my house and left Rawool there. I told her I would babysit the boy for the night. I was just came out from the bathroom after taking shower when I saw Rawool was talking to someone on the phone. My handphone. He didn't have one. He hung up a second later and made no sense the situation, putting the phone on my bed. 


"Who's that?", I asked him, grabbed my phone from the bed. Jay.


"Jay hyung will come here later. Hurry up", he told me. 


I started searching for my blouse and pant from the wardrobe. "Where are we going anyway?", I asked him.


"Your school", he said curtly, playing with his rubic. I was stunned by his answer. 


"My school--", I muttered while choosing the clothes. I pulled out a pastel blue blouse with a white jean. I asked him to play at the living room since I needed to change my clothes. Even though he was just a kid, the kid was more mature. Just like his brother, Rawoon. The genius trait run in their family. 


I put on a light make up; a pink blusher, bb cream, lipstick. Done. I pulled out a scarf from my wardrobe since night was a bit cold here. 


The honking sound from Jay's car broke the silence of my house. Rawoon opened the door. I run down the stair and followed behind him. Locking down the door and gate, I slid into the car. Dana was there too.


"What's going on? Are you on a date?", I asked them. Dana just laughed and she claimed that she missed the school that's why she wanted to attend the festival. I then pulled out my phone, unlocking the password and went through my twitter timeline. 
"Rawool-ah, how did you know my password by the way", I started talking, checking my phone. Silence. I sighed. Did that kid just ignored me. His eyes fixed on the rubic on hands. I paid him a sharp glare. As I was checking my phone, we finally arrived at the school. 


"What the--", my eyes was locked on the white screen. There was a conversation between my username and Kento's. As far as I remembered, I never text him anything. Both Dana and Jay already slid out of the car. This felt so suspicious. 
"Ah, I reply your message while you are in the shower", Rawool said innocently before jumping out of the car.


"Hey-- wait", I called him but the kid just ignored me and run towards Jay. I read the conversation while slid out of the car. I was so bewildered. How dare you? I looked at the kid but something else caught me. Dana and Jay was laughing beside him.


"Y-you guys plan this. You give him my password-- wahh", I shouted out in disbelief. My mouth was agape with shock. Kento wasn't the one who started the conversation. My username. I was still puzzled. The message though. So cringy.

 "Just go. He is waiting for you. Wherever it is, -- favorite spot", Jay teased me. Dana also burst into a big laughter. "-F-favorite spot. Oh my stomach", Dana said in between her laugh. Rawool also smiled and shot me several hearts. "Noona, I'm sorry".
I rolled my eyes and run into the school. I climbed up the stairs of the school building and went to the rooftop. I hesitated several time to twisted open the door knob. 


"Just come in. I saw you", a voice was heard from outside. My shadow must have been visible from there. I sighed in embarrassment. Still, I didn't have the courage to open the door. I stood there for a few more seconds. I heard a soft groan from inside and Kento finally opened the door. "Are you texting me just to stay there until morning?", he said sarcastically. I was stunned for a bit. He grabbed my hand and pulled me in. I just followed his step. 
"This ain't the festival. Let's go with the others", I tried to turned around when his grip became stronger. He pulled me closer. Our face was just an inch away from my face. I avoided his gaze and looked down. 


He chuckled darkly. "Now that I see you like this, I think this is the right time for me to confess then. Right?", he spoke up. The guy pulled up my chin to look into him. Gulped. 


"Uhm.. The thing is .. I stop smoking for 4 months already. I saw your update about the chewing gum to stop smoking. It really help a lot", he said to me. I frowned upon hearing that. I did posted about the chewing gum on twitter long time ago. Well, unexpected. 


I gave him a half-smile. "Yeah great", I said unamusely. I brushed his hand away from my chin. "--now that you say it, lets go to the festival. Shall we", I told him in stern voice.


"Are you -- mad at me? You seem--"


"No!! I am not!! "


"See. You are mad at me. Why is that?",  he teased me.


"Why would I be mad at you? Lets just go. Hyunah must have been waiting for you there. You said you promise her", I said pissfully.


"Wah, you are really angry right now. Hyunah. I ditch her. So you overheard our conversation that day. You jealous?"


"What the hell. No. Stop it"


"You are", he said again.


I rolled my eyes.We bickered for several minutes until I already fed up with him. "No I am not. Lets just go--", I grabbed his arm and pulled him to the door. 


"Jung Jian -- ", he stopped. "--I think I like you", he confessed, under the moonlight


"No. I am not--", I stopped as I finally realized his words. "--what??". My mouth was agaped with shock.


He curled a big smile on his face. I was still stunned. "Come on, I just confess to you. Don't make that face. Say something instead", he elbowed me. 


"Uhm, m-me ... I don't know--", I said awkwardly. "But, I think I like you a bit too", I replied. Oh my God. I looked at him and we exchanged a glance. He smiled brightly. This is so weird. "L-let's go",I run out of the rooftop, leaving the guy behind. He laughed and followed me a second later. 


"Jian-ah, wait for me! Let's walk together", he shouted from behind. My pace became faster. I was so ashamed. How to cope with the situation.