Evening On The Rooftop

다크 라이트 (Dark Light)

It was late in the evening. The school was over. I took my time to study at the library the whole evening. The other three; Dana, Jay, and Kangmin, went to their usual cram school. I didn't have one today. 


As I was enjoying the evening scenery, a figure approached me. Jr stood next to me in silence. I was startled by his sudden appearance. We stood there near the rooftop guardrail, in silence. I kept glancing at him. His face was so gloomy, his wavy hair was in mess. And his white shirt was untucked. Frankly speaking he looked like a lunatic. Jr looked so different from a week ago, today was the first time we met after the incident in the class. I felt partly responsible for it. I hushed away the guilt.
I rolled my eyes, turning my body and started to leave the place when he suddenly grabbed my wrist, preventing me to walk any further.


I tried to brush his grip away but the grip just became stronger each seconds passed. I groaned softly.


"Let me go. You are hurting me", I begged in piss. 
He pulled me closer. "Stay!", he said before letting go of my hand. He looked at distance again.


A seconds later, he chuckled vindictively. He then turned to me. I stepped away a little. My heart was thumping so crazily. He then faced to the front again. He grabbed the rail tightly and sneaked a peek to the ground. I could noticed a small curl on his corner lip. Something strucked me. He was not in his right mind. 


Without any hesitation, I frantically grabbed his arm, tightly. I was so nervous. I'm someone that was very calculative but at that time nothing, nothing played on my head. He snapped at me and his face was shocked too. I shook my head, "Don't!". That was the first word I uttered. We stared into each others for awhile. 


I looked so stupid at that moment. Guilty was devouring me inside.  My legs became weak but I mustered all my strengths to pull him away from the guardrail. I pushed him to a wall. My hands were still on him.


 I kept my face down, hiding my face from him. 


Silence


We stayed like that for a moment until he finally broke the silence.


"Y-you.. what the hell are you doing?", he said, trying to pushed me away.


I clenched my teeth in anger, grasping him tightly. 
"Listen. I know you are an idiot. But can't you be wise for once--", I opened my mouth. I looked up. Our eyes met.


He frowned, showing all the wrinkle on his forehead. Uhm. I didn't expect that look from someone that just wanted to attempt a suicide. 


"Hey! Chill.. You are not thinking what I'm thinking you are thinking about me right??", he chuckled a little after saying those tongue twister. The heck.
My eyes were as big as ping pong ball upon listening to his words. 


What?
OH MAI GODDD!
DID I MISUNDERSTOOD THE SITUATION
GOSH
NOOOOO
DARN IT


My head did all the talking again. This time he just pushed me away, giggling a little. My face was as red as rose. 


"Well .. it's late .. school is almost close .. thanks for amusing me tho .. I can't believe I just see this side of you", he kept on laughing hysterically before pushing me aside and walked to the rooftop door. 


"Wait", I stopped him. I  put a pendrive on his palm.

"You just need to plug this on any teacher's computer. Everything will be restore to normal", I told him. He gave me a plain look and disappeared from my sight within second. That was easy peasy.


Seriously. I sighed heavily. But why he didn't seem mad at me. We tortured him for the whole week though. 


Then as I paced towards the rooftop's door, a stinky smell was blew from a corner. I took a glance. There I saw Kento, smoking a cigarette. He also glanced at me for a while. So he was here the whole time. Ugh. I walked through the door. 


As I was leaving the school, I encountered the school bodyguard, Mr. Kim. He was patrolling the second floor. The rooftop was at the 4th floor.
I sighed, reaching out my phone from my bag and type something. I sent to Kento. Well it was normal to save the class monitor number in your phone right.


You should go back. Mr. Kim will patrol around the rooftop later. Now, he is on the second floor. Better not get caught Mr. President.


I walked off the dark, eerie hallway with a light heart. Tomorrow is a new day. Hold up.