This isn't happening.

다크 라이트 (Dark Light)

Morning rain was always the most beautiful thing to start my day. But today was an exception. Everything was so gloomy. I only saw the dark light trying to light me up. The first lesson already started half an hour ago. My parents asked me to take a leave for several days but I didn't feel like being alone in the room, resting. I mustered all my courage to go to school.


The hallway already empty since the lesson had started. Each step felt heavy to me. I wanted to be by his side but Aunty Eunbyul asked me to rest since I spent the whole night there. If my mom didn't pick me up, I'll probably stayed there, even now. Luckily Rawoon's condition became better this morning.


I knocked the door twice before entered the classroom. The door was already opened. 


"Oh Jian-ah, you are here. T-take a seat", my homeroom teacher, Mr. Choonbae greeted me. I bowed a little to him before pacing to my seat. 
He cleared his throat several time before continuing his lesson. My parents already called the school to inform about my situation this morning. 


Recess came fast. Instead of going to the cafe, I went to the rooftop. I needed to clear my mind from the stuffy classes. I let out a heavy sigh and walked towards the rail. I was sick worried thinking about Rawoon. As I was enjoying the afternoon under the bright sunlight, someone handed me a can of ice lemon tea. I was startled for a second. We're in that position for a moment until he already fed up and put the can into my hand. 


"Thanks", I said under my breath and continued staring in distant. 


Again, I sighed. 


"Hey you wanna talk about it? Something must had happened right?", he spoke up. 


I just shook my head and opened the lid can. Ouch. The lid cut my finger and blood started coming out. Out of the blue, Kento took the finger and brought it near his mouth. I was in shock and snatched my hand away from his mouth. I the blood and paid him a sharp glare. Don't you dare. I walked away and was about to opened the door when my phone rang loudly. Ray's name popped up. My hand started shaking again. I answered the call.


Each word coming from him made my body shivered. I was stunned by the news. Speechless. My face became white. I could not think of anything. Everything became dark inside my mind.

"This isn't happening", I muttered and dropped the phone. My body lost its balance and felt onto the rough floor. I was shaking like a leaf, trying to regain my balance but all my strengths could not cope with the situation. Kento rushed to get me. He was so bewildered seeing my condition.


"I need to go now. I need to see him. I need to talk to him. B-but", I became hysterical and started talking nonsense.


Kento tried to calm my nerve down but it wasn't working. I wanted to cry and scream but I lost all my strengths and rational to do so. I stayed there in silence for a moment, trying to sort out my mind. Kento was just looking at me. He kept patting my back.


"Y-you have bike right? Send me to Hospital A now. Please--", I held his hand, begging him. He just nodded his head and helped me get on my feet again. We left the rooftop leaving the beautiful nature behind without saying a word. Rawoon-ah. Why?