The Rival

Finding Mr. Not So Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

"Sanghyun-ah, get down here, palii!!" I heard my mom shouted out loud to call my brother from upstairs. Her voice makes me remember how she usually does that every day, just like the old times.

 

I heard running footsteps going down the stairs to answer my mom's call. "What is it Omma? I was studying but you...” He stopped himself from arguing further when his eyes traveled towards my direction. “Oh my God, Noona!!! Is that you?!"

 

"Sanghyun!!!" My brother dashed towards me to give me a bear hug as he spun me around, my feet leaving the ground in the process. He just stopped when I tapped his arms to put me down. "Gosh, Sanghyun, you've grown so fast."

 

"Of course, Noona, I’m taller than you now." He grinned at me while proudly showing off his height and flexing his muscles.

 

"Aisht! Everyone seems to be taller than me." I pouted and heard someone giggled. We all looked at the direction of where it came from and saw Jiyong holding his stomach once again. Actually, I'm not surprised at all. I know he's teasing me.

 

"Noona, who is he?" Sanghyun asked in a protective manner as he gave Jiyong a death glare.

 

"He's my friend, Jiyong." I said and introduced them both to each other.

 

"What is he doing here?" Sanghyun grudgingly asked earning a smack from our mom. "Ouch! Omma?!?"

 

"What kind of attitude is that young man? Is that how you treat a guest? I didn't raise you like that, now apologize!" Mom said nonstop as he put both her hands on her waist staring Sanghyun down.

 

"Aisht, I’m sorry. I didn't mean to act rude." Sanghyun said as he scratched his head.

 

"It’s ok Sanghyun. You don't need to apologize. "Jiyong smiled at him but was only returned by another glare from my brother. Well, Sanghyun has always been like that even when we’re still kids. He’s younger than me but he’s one of my protector every time someone wants to bully me way back when we were little.

 

"Wait, where's Appa?" I suddenly asked to change the topic as I scanned the area.

 

"Oh, he left this morning with his cousin. He said he'll be helping him fix their house before his wife gives birth. He said he'll stay there overnight and be back tomorrow." Mom informed as I nodded my head. That reminds me.

 

"Uhm Omma, can Jiyong stay for the night? The hotels from here are far and he's not familiar with the place." I asked her. I know they are very strict when it comes to "No boys in the house" policy.

 

"But of course, dear. I can't believe you're even asking me that question. Aisht! Do you want him to stay in your room?" My mom asked and my jaw dropped six feet under the ground. Ok, I’m exaggerating but what the hell happened to their policy??

 

"Omma!!! Of course not. We have a guest room, right?" I said pinching the bridge of my nose while shaking my head. This is so embarrassing.

 

"I know dear, but since he's your boyfriend, it will be better if you share your room with him." Oh my God! I think my mom is infected with some kind of virus. What's wrong with her?

 

"I told you, he's not my boyfriend. And what happened to your policy? Have you forgotten about that?" I exclaimed feeling a bit annoyed.

 

"I remember, but you're old enough to make decisions on your own. Anyway, if you don't want to, fine. I’ll just prepare our dinner." Mom said, waving her hand in the air to dismiss me as he left us in the living room while humming a song.

 

"I like your mom. She's so cool." Jiyong whispered with a wide grin plastered on his face. I glared at him and smacked his arm to stop his craziness.

 

"You're staying at the guest room Hyung, no buts. And you too Noona, you're staying at your own room." I heard Sanghyun spoke with authority. Where did he learn how to act mature all of a sudden?

 

"You don't have to remind me Sanghyun. Go finish your homework before dinner so we can eat together. " I told him while ruffling his hair just like I used to.

 

"Noona!! Not the hair. I spent hours fixing it." He protested and tried to fix his hair.

 

"Aisht! I can do it whenever I want to now go. Shoo!" I said laughing at him as he pouted his lips and went upstairs to do his homework.

 

"You’re such a bully to your brother." I heard Jiyong said beside me.

 

"I'm not bullying him, I’m being sweet to him."

 

"You call that sweet? Shooing your brother is sweet to you?" He said crossing his arms above his chest.

 

"Between us two, yes. That's how we show our care." I chuckled as I sat on the sofa.

 

"You guys are weird." Jiyong commented as he followed and sat beside me on the couch.

 

"I know right?" I smiled but immediately faltered remembering why I came here. "What will happen after this?"

 

"What do you mean?" Jiyong asked confused at my sudden change of mood.

 

"What if what you said were true? What will happen to me?"

 

"Dara, if you find the answer from your Appa and choose to accept it, I will help you remember everything." Jiyong said as he shifted his gaze to me.

 

"How?"

 

"I’ll tell you after you talked to them." He said giving me a reassuring smile.

 

After dinner, I showed Jiyong his room and lend him some of Sanghyun's clothes. It surprisingly fits him and I have to persuade my brother to lend him his clothes after hearing his rants like "he should have brought his own" and "he better not ruin them" and etc etc. It’s pretty obvious that he doesn’t like Jiyong and I don't know why. He said it’s a man's instinct. Aisht, that kid.

 

"Do you need anything else?" I asked Jiyong as I stood by the door of the room he'll be staying.

 

"I'm good. Thank you." He answered but I found myself chuckling. "What's funny?"

 

"Nothing, I’m just not used to you being polite and nice." I said laughing heartily.

 

"Yah! I can be nice if I want to." He said looking annoyed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter