Jealous Dragon

Finding Mr. Not So Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

 

I'm finally done with my work today and since it’s still early, I’m thinking of going to the mall right now. It’s been a while since I shop for myself. I tried calling Bom to ask her if she wants to come but she said she has tons of work to finish. Her paper works piled up because of her week of absence. Fine, I think it’s just gonna be me, myself and I this time.

 

 

I went out and immediately hailed a cab. As I reached the mall, I went straight to the department store and started to roam around. I was in the lady’s section looking for a dress when I heard someone spoke behind me.

 

 

"That sure looks good on you." He said. I turned around and saw Jaejoong leaning casually on the wall while sipping a milk tea. He’s wearing a plain white shirt and tattered jeans with his cap worn backwards. He kind of looks like a teenager if you ask me.

 

 

"Hey, how long have you been standing there?" I asked putting the dress back on the rack.

 

 

"Hmm, long enough to see you check that dress out." He said as he walks closer and pulled the dress I was holding earlier. "This looks pretty. Why don't you try in on?" He pushed the dress in front of me.

 

 

"You think so?" I asked as I took the dress from him.

 

 

"Yeah, trust me. Now go try it on." He said and points at the fitting room nearby.

 

 

"Ok." I strode towards the fitting room and tried wearing it. I smiled when I saw myself in the mirror as it fits perfectly on me. I was still looking at the mirror when I heard someone knocked on the door.

 

 

"Hey, Can I see it?" Jaejoong asked from the outside.

 

 

"Let me think, No!" I jokingly said as I heard him complained like a kid.

 

 

"But I wanna see iiit!!" He whined. I did mention that he’s such a kid, right?

 

 

"Fine! But don't laugh or else you'll be sorry." I threatened him. I unlocked the door and gently opened it to let him see the dress I was wearing. "So? What do you think?" I asked but I saw him looked at me as if he saw a ghost.

 

 

"Hello??? I said what do you think?" I asked again. He blinked multiple times before answering me.

 

 

"It looks good. I told you, didn't I?" He said.

 

 

"Are you sure? It’s a bit pricey but I’ll take it if it really looks nice." I glanced at the mirror again and twist my body a little to see my back.

 

 

"It is. Don't you trust my judgement Dara?" I was surprised when he suddenly became serious but chuckled right after he noticed my reaction.

 

 

I just shook my head and slowly made my way back to the changing room. "Fine. I’ll take this one. No need to be serious or something."

 

 

We went to the cashier to pay for my dress when he suddenly pushed me slightly to the side to give the lady what I think is a black card.

 

 

"Hey, what are you doing?" I asked as I stared at him, confused.

 

 

"I got this one." He said casually and shrugged his shoulders as if what he said is just a normal thing to say.

 

 

"What for? Fyi, I’m not rich but I can pay for my own dress, Mr. Jaejoong. " My eyebrows instantly furrowed as my arms crossed over my chest giving him a hint of disagreement.

 

 

"Then think of it as my gift, you know, for accepting me as your friend." He smiled at me as he took his card along with the dress from the cashier.

 

 

"But you don't need to give me a gift because of that. Friendship always comes for free, don't you know that?" I commented as he ushered me towards the exit.

 

 

"I know that Ms. Dara. I just want to give you something that's all. Is that a bad thing?" He argued but smiling at the same time.

 

 

"Well, not really. I'm just not used to it."

 

 

He suddenly stopped walking and turned to face me the moment he heard my answer. "Really? So, you mean, no one attempted to give you something before?" 

 

 

"Like this? No. But my best friends always do." I told him. He stared at me in awe as if another head suddenly grew and popped on the other side of my neck. What's so shocking about that?

 

 

"Let me guess, you don't have a boyfriend, do you?" He said it as if it’s a very natural thing to say.

 

 

I felt heat crawled up to my cheeks as I glared at him. "Why? Is there a rule that every woman in this world should have a boyfriend? Hmm?" I asked him feeling a little annoyed.

 

 

"No, it’s just really shocking that you don't have one." He crossed his left arm in front of his chest and put his right to his chin as if thinking. "Wait, what about the guy who almost punched me when we first met?"

 

 

"Who? Jiyong? He's just my friend." I confirmed but he looks like he's not buying it.

 

 

"Really? But you two looked like a couple that day." He remarked as he stared at me intently.

 

 

"Well we aren't ok? So, stop questioning me."

 

 

He eyed me closely as if he's scrutinizing my face before saying something unbelievable. "Did I just hear disappointment in there?" He smiled wildly, obviously teasing me.

 

 

"Argg!!! We're not a couple ok?! Gosh!" I pinched the bridge of my nose as I started walking leaving him behind.

 

 

"Hey!! Wait for me!!" He shouted as he ran to follow me. Why is everyone being so annoying these days?

 

 

 

--------------

 

 

"Where do you want to eat?" Jaejoong was following me around while I search for a place to dine. We've been walking aimlessly for almost an hour and we didn't notice the time and guess what? I’m so freaki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter