Calm Before The Storm

Contract Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngjae woke up due to the blinding light coming from the window. For a moment he forgot where he was, thinking he was home, safe, in his own bed. That thought was shattered when his eyes scanned the room, remembering that he had to wed this creep that always came to his Starbucks for his dad's gambling debt. Youngjae decided to see what he could eat for breakfast that day, and when he opened his door, his eyes went immediately to the floor, seeing a brand new gaming console he had wanted for months, but couldn't afford. There was also a tray with breakfast ready and still warm, and yet another envelope. This time the seal had "JD" on it. Youngjae opened the card.


I remember you saying how much you wanted this console to a little boy that came to Starbucks one day. I thought it was very sweet of you. Enjoy.


From Daehyun? Youngjae guessed. It had been so long since Youngjae mentioned this game to anyone, but he did remember the boy he mentioned it to, as he shared Youngjae's love of video games. Youngjae was touched Daehyun remembered something seemingly insignificant about him, and took the console and his breakfast tray into the room and closed the door.

 


This game was better than he could have imagined! It was so interactive and Youngjae flet immediately in. He was glad he started playing after he ate breakfast, otherwise he might be hungry all day. The only thing that brought him out of his trance, was a knock at the door. Youngjae flinched, before stating "Come in!"


It was Da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter