The Confrontation

Contract Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Daehyun walked out of the building feeling a mix of emotions; relief, excitement, nervousness. Just a few hours ago it had been solely nervousness, but after nailing his audition and the director told him he would get the role as Lucien in an upcoming production of Napoleon, he couldn't wait to come home and tell his Youngjae the good news.

However, going home would mean telling his father Youngjae's plans to take over the Jung family business. Something he was not looking forward to.
When Daehyun arrived home, he kissed Youngjae and drew him in for a hug, "I got the part!" He yelled, nearly making the younger deaf. Youngjae normally would have sassed him for that action, but he was more happy for his husband finally persuing something he had loved for a long time.

"I'm so happy for you!!" Youngjae said, his arms slightly squeezing the older's body. Daehyun pulled away, looking the younger in the eyes, "I have to go talk to my father. Tell him why I can't be the boss anymore, and that you're taking over." His expression was more serious, but there was still hope in his eyes.

Daehyun anxiously stood outside if his father's office, the place he had resigned to spending most of his time now that he was retired. He drew in a breath before knocking as confidently as he could.

His father's voice boomed on the other side, "Come in!" To most, it would sound like his father was angry. But to Daehyun he could tell his father was quite happy.

Daehyun tentatively opened the door. "Daehyun!" His father exclaimed, "How's the new Boss liking his job?"

"That's actually why I wanted to talk to you father..." Daehyun nervously rubbed his neck. "You remember how I always wanted to perform on stage?"

Daehyun's father furrowed his brows.

"I auditioned after seeing a musical with Youngjae, and they gave me a pretty big role. Youngjae told me he would take over the family business if I got a role, and encouraged me to go and try." Daehyun braced himself for his dad's hurtful words to be thrown at him.

Daehyun's father was sitting silently in his desk chair. It made Daehyun even more nervous hearing his father's lack of response. He finally looked up and met his son's eyes, "I'll make you a deal." He stated, taking Daehyun by surprise. "I'll go to the opening night of your play, but if you don't do well, I'll make sure you never get hired as an actor again. And you'll quit the rest of the play. If you do well, you can continue and that husband of yours can take charge of the family business." Daehyun's father extended his arm to make the deal.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter