The Deal

Contract Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngjae could hardly keep his eyes open, the only thing motivating him was it was 5 minutes until closing. Despite the fact he was a barista at Starbucks, surrounded by coffee every day made the effects of caffeine wear off on him. In addition to going to class in the afternoon, he was always scheduled for opening until his classes started, and then ended up covering the shifts before closing. This made his days very tiring and long, hardly leaving enough time for him to finish homework and sleep, but due to his father's gambling problems, he needed to make as much money as he could, and fast.


Finally, Youngjae thought, closing. And no one is here for me to kick out. He quickly locked the front doors, knowing how some people in the past hadn't been bothered by the closing time and came in anyway while he cleaned up. He did a once over, checking to see everything was in it's place and ready for him to open tomorrow. He grabbed his backpack from the lockers in the back and headed out.


He unlocked the front door to his house. "Dad! I'm home!" Youngjae yelled, but no reply. Maybe he was in the back of the house and can't hear me, he thought. He flung his bag onto the couch, his favorite place to do homework, and noticed an envelope with his name on the coffee table. Curious, he broke the "J" seal on the back and looked inside.


Inside was his worst nightmare.


It was a picture of his father with a time and date stamp of today's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter