Chapter 07

My Sister and Her Best Friend
Please log in to read the full chapter

Tiffany POV

 

After the woman left, Hyomin Unnie stayed beside me, she was introduced to me by Mrs. Kim and apparently she will also take part for the auction tonight and she will go first before me. She’ll be third from the last then another girl and then it will be me, I am still not sure who will be the girl in between us but from what I gather she is the daughter of Mrs. Kim, which I also found out that she is actually one of the founder of the charity tonight. Thanks to Hyomin Unnie I am more relax now, she said not to worry because I will surely be safe no matter what and that I should loosen up a little. I been trying to ease my nerves a little because I am not actually nervous now with the auction, I am more nervous of what will I reply my mom or if I have to call her. I read all her message a while ago and I am sure I will be punish. I forgot I am not supposed to enter this hotel because it’s off-limits to both of us and she made me promise not to go somewhere near here when we get back here in Korea because of certain things that happen to her here. I never actually asked her what it is because one, I don’t want to see hurt in her eyes and second I trust mom, she must have her reason for that. I been doing a great job over the past years we been here, well until now that is, why did it skipped my mind. I’m not sure what to do when I felt eyes on me, I am not sure why Unnie kept staring at me like that so I asked her. She just said that I really look familiar, so I told her that I looked ordinary and that she might just saw me before but she said that I actually look like her friend. Why is everyone saying that I look like someone else? Oh well, I told her I just resemble a lot and that she was the one that look familiar. I think I have seen her before not sure where probably an idol or so, hey I don’t usually watch TV nor follow Korean celebrity ever since so I am not familiar with the current showbiz and lifestyle here in Korea. She just told me that she is just ordinary girl without any status. And that she is only here to help her friend. Wow I hope I can have someone like that but nope I don’t think I will have. I might be a bit of a social butterfly sometimes like being one of the famous in school but I am mostly introvert and love spending me time at school. Speaking of school now that I and Nick is over I will probably go hiding somewhere to not see anyone of them.

 

I was in my thought when mom text me to meet me in the restroom. I told Hyomin Unnie that mom has arrived and that she’s in the powder room we were about to go meet her when one of the crew told us that we can’t go out since we might be needed on stage very soon. Unnie told me to call my mom while she will call Mrs. Kim for help. I tried to call mom but I can’t reach her phone probably she is on the dead spot. I am very nervous while I am trying to dial mom’s phone. I tried calling her again this time it’s ringing but it wasn’t being pick up wonder where mom is. I tried to ask the crew if I can go out for a little while but they said I can’t and that they might lose their job if we went missing while we are being called on stage. It’s been minutes but mom is not picking up, then unnie said that not worry because Mrs. Kim is on her way back here. I tried calling mom again this time she pick up my call.

 

“Where are you Miyoung” Oh oh.

“Hey mom, I am sorry really sorry” I have never heard mom with that kind of voice and it scares me.

“I am in the parking lot I will wait for you to come out. Honey let’s go home.”

“I’m sorry mommy but I can’t, I am in the auction and you know I always keeps my promise.”

“But you also promise me not to go there have you forgotten?” She raised her voice. Oh no she never raised her voice to me before.

“Mom I am sorry if I disappoint you, I never thought this is going to happen. I will try and talk to them if I can go home soon, please forgive me.” I am on the verge of crying, I hate disappointing mom and I hate myself for being too foolish.

“Well young lady hurry up. We need to go home asap and we will talk about this.”

“Ok mom, I’ll call you once I got out I’m sorry and I love you.”

“I love you too. But not at this moment.” She hanged up. Mom’s really mad and I made her be mad at me.

 

I asked Hyomin unnie if she can help me to get into the auction much earlier if I cannot be pull out. She said we needed Mrs. Kim’s help so we waited a little, when we saw her I told her that I got a hold of my mom and I needed to get out soon. She asked me if it’s ok to get my mom here on stage but I told her she won’t come in which I think is true. So she talked with some people so I will be coming up before Hyomin unnie’s turn and then I can go home right after and they will be the one who will talked with the staffs and the winner I felt relieved because Hyomin Unnie will supposed to be up in a bit. 

 

A few minutes later, I was called on stage, I felt nervous honestly because I don’t know people here except for that jerk and that I don’t know what to do, they won’t tell me to dance right? Because I don’t do dancing at all. Suddenly the spotlight was on me, I never been on stage before unless its recognition day, I never even performed on a play, I can feel my heart skipping.

 

“Our next person is actually a very young lady, she is one of the invited guest and she came from Sone University, she is 21 years old taking up Fashion Design with a minor in Finance management. Here she is Sone University Muse Ms. Tiffany Young.”  The MC announce. I heard a lot of people gasp when I enter the stage. I am not sure why but oh well.

 

“Hello Ms. Young or should I say Tiffany how are you feeling tonight” He asked me.

“Good evening, I’m not really sure what I’m feeling right now but definitely nervous, I am not expecting to be on stage but yeah things happen.” I tried to look on the audience and that’s when I saw her again seated near the stage with a lot of beautiful girls around her. I felt really shy and nervous more.

 

“Well Ms. Tiffany you shouldn’t be nervous, I got a feelin’ you will be running for a very high bid tonight and I hope so. Just one question it is really uncommon to have such a name like yours, its sounds American.” He said.

 

“I honestly grew up in LA and I just got here 3 years ago and Tiffany is actually just my nickname so let’s just call me by that it’s how I am used to be called anyways.” I told him. I really feel so shy but I can’t help looking back at the girl I saw earlier. If only I can ask her for help to get me out here but we don’t know each other well.

 

“Ok so let’s begin with a bid everyone, let all start with a Million won?” He begun. Wow, this is it, let’s get it over and done with.

Please log in to read the full chapter