Chapter 04

My Sister and Her Best Friend
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chanel POV


I just finish reading the last documents a few minutes ago and I went ahead to take a fast shower on my private toilet and bath inside my office, after a quick shower I put on my new dress. After Hyomin took a shower and dress up a while ago, she brought me her newly design dress I will be wearing later at the event. I went to my purse to grab my make up kit so I can touch up a little while Hyomin is trying to dry up my hair when we heard a knocked, we both look at the door and Irene’s cute face shows up. She informed us that they will go ahead since the company van that my father send us was already outside. After she got an ok sign from us she left to tell everyone that they were living. Before the bellas or say the kids left we both heard a loud “Fighting Unnies! Your both Beautiful” “Have fun later” “Don’t blind everyone on stage” “Good luck see you later” and “ We will record everything don’t worry”

“Yah! Joy-ah! Don’t you dare I will surely kick your later ” I was laughing for the kids already rush out when they heard Hyomin shout. We both might seem calm right now but I know we are both nervous for the auction.


“Hey! You sure you wanted to do it? I still can tell papa your backing out. Don’t worry they will not get mad at you I guarantee.” I said feeling guilty putting her in this situation.

“I’m ok Unnie, you don’t have to worry I’m just having some jitters right now. Besides its for a good cause that is why I volunteered too remember. And I know you wouldn’t let anything bad happened to me right. I also wanted to do it so that I can meet other people too and to also help you with your advocates. And a couple of hours of dinner is not that big of a deal. So stop feeling guilty and smile.”

Although she really volunteered herself for the auction I still felt guilty for even mentioning it to her but at the same time so proud. Hyomin is one of the best people I have ever known. She was once a working student doing odd jobs before and after class like being a store keeper, a newspaper and milk delivery girl and even a café assistant in a café where I usually go after working on my previous job. That’s where I got to know her and found out her story and what course she wanted to major in college. I asked mama if she can be put on a scholarship and luckily she got in, but since only the tuition fees are the only covered by the scholarship, she continued working in the café and take some student loan, She was very timid and shy girl yet very inspiring and determine to change her family’s life, so when I decided to put up my business she was one of the person I recruited and luckily she just finish her degree so I asked her to work for me. She said yes without questions and hesitation. Even knowing we are just gonna be starting the business she did not hesitate to help me. She was and will always been a loyal friend and a valued asset of our company. 

“I just don’t want you to feel obligated doing this plus I know you will be very busy soon. And you knew how big helped you are already to me. I can’t be able to do all this without you and auntie Anna.” Motioning my hands to emphasize my words. I heard her deeply sighed while fixing my hair.

“Unnie, I should be the one saying that to you. I am not where I am right now if you did not befriended me in that café, if it wasn’t because of you I wouldn’t be able to enroll for university, heck I wont be able to finish it if you didn’t talked with the café’s manager to let me have a flexible time to work. That is why I’m thankful. You helped me and my family so this auction dinner date is nothing, besides its for free who wouldn’t like that.” We both chuckled.

“Pabo! You know you can just ask and I will treat you dinner anytime anywhere. But thank you for doing this. It means a lot to me because I’m not doing it alone and that I’m sharing something to you. If anything goes bad lets plan to have that dinner on the same place at the same time your in for it.”

“Oh you don’t have to ask, I will even make sure we went together if  that happens.” We both laughed.

After we are done, we both went down to the garage. Before I started my engine, I drop a message to mama and my brother saying we are off to the hotel. I even message one of the bellas and my trouble makers to behave and that we are coming. Half way during the ride when both Hyomin and I are singing our hearts out, my phone blast out for an incoming call. Seeing who the caller’s name put a smile on my face, I grab my phone while Hyomin fixed the car caller bluetooth. 

“Unnie, you better answer that or you will not get the end of her nagging later. You told her about the auction right.” Hyomin said.

My smile faded how can I tell her about that I thought.

“No not yet dear! I was hoping she won’t know and besides both of us are the last ones to be auction, I was hoping she left or went roaming around the hotel again or went to our room to sleep. You know how bored she gets seating around. I will tell my kids to get her out of the venue before it happens.” I said uncertainly.

“Well good luck with that, you know she won’t go  around without you nor she won’t let you go that easily. We all know she is your magnet.” Oh how can I forgot that. Putting a mental note to inform everyone about my plan later, I answer the call before it ends.

“Hello”
“Laree~~” I chuckled. For a person who hated aegyo so much, she have naturally a lot of it without effort.
“Hmmm, Yes pumpkin what’s wrong.”
“Sunny-ah said your on your way. Why didn’t you tell me.” She whined.
“Well because I know she will drag you all out of our beehive and into that charity ball that already starting.”
“Hmm your no fun! You should have pick us up in the room instead and we all can get inside together.”
“Well I will do that but my staff are already inside the ballroom and papa is asking me to hurry. Besides shouldn’t you all be there already, its been like almost an hour and the event are already starting.” I said sternly for I know they all just laze around our hotel suite. Good thing the charity event was inside our family hotel the reason why we have a private room inside.
“Well its not like we are that important, besides the ice princess wouldn’t get up so we don’t have any choice…Yah.. ouch ouch!” “You’re the last one in bed pabo!” I heard a screaming and slapping going on. Hyomin bursts in a laughing pit and so am I.
“Yah! Why do you always get your self in trouble with Jess. You know you can’t win over her just like that right?” I chuckled, no one can make fun of a sleeping ice princess.
“Laree~ I thought your on my side on this. Why is everyone on my case. And where are you? We are about to walk inside a bunch of flashing jungle.” I laughed. She always hate the paparazzi, well who doesn’t,  though the charity ball is a private and a simple gathering and its still can’t get out of media’s eyes.
“You know I will be there with you if I can right pumpkin? Besides I will be there soon we are about 15 minutes away from the hotel so don’t be sad ok? So put a smile on the camera for me please.” I cooed.
“Alright just this one ok.” I can hear the flashing of cameras over the phone and I looked at Hyomin, seeing her rigid face I knew exactly how nervous she is. So I grab her hand and mouthed she will be fine.
“Wow I think I’ll be blind. How can they even make it looks like we are walking at the red carpet. Geez!” She ranted.
“Well that doesn’t even long. You just been there for like a minute or so. I’m sure you power walk just to get inside faster.” I smile knowing fully well what she did.
“Uhn. I won’t stay there for long. You know only Soo, Hyo and Yul love the spot light. Jess only posed a few then hurriedly left too. And the maknaes just mostly shielded me and Sun since they both taller than us.”
“Oh dear! Well then go and look over your kids, my staff are also in there so better greet them properly. Yeri must be looking for you too.”
“Ok ok I got it! You both take care ok and drive safely! Hyomin-ah you better take care of Laree or else I will not buy your new collection!” She warned.
“Yah! You little monster, do that and I will tell Hannah you ate that ice cream she kept in the office fridge fyi.”
“You wouldn’t minnie-ah!”
“Dare me.”
“Enough! Souer, don’t say those things ok. And Hyomin don’t worry she’s just blabbing hahhaha! We are almost there I will see you in a bit seed ok!”
“Ok Laree! And sorry Minnie. I will give you hugs later. Take care! I miss you! Hurry up.”
“I miss you too! See you  soon!” I end our conversation  for we already near the hotel’s entrance lobby. I looked at Hyomin and we both get out once the valet attended to us. With a big breath I grab Hyomin’s hand and we both went inside the hotel.


-~-


Taeyeon POV


After Uncle Park drop me to our Hotel’s lobby I went directly to our private room without anyone noticing me. Since the ballroom is at the ground floor there are a lot of people and paparazzi roamin

Please log in to read the full chapter