Chapter 10

My Sister and Her Best Friend
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 10

 

No One's POV

 

Mommy, please talk to me.” Tiffany coaxed her mom who is driving them back home.

Charlene ignore her daughter and continue to drive. She is still a little unstable and can feel her hands shaking, not wanting her daughter to know what she is feeling as of the moment. Suddenly her phone ring, she wanted to ignore the caller but Tiffany said it was her Aunt so she put her via Bluetooth.

 

“He.. Hello Grace”

“Hey stranger, where are you? What’s wrong with your voice?”

“Nothing. We are heading home, are you free can you get to our place soon?”

"What is happening? I am about to say I will be crashing in because no one’s at home and I am on call duty for the rest of the month, is that ok?”

“Of course, Auntie Pretty you’re always welcome to crash in unless Mom says no.” Tiffany answer “Plus you can help me to apologize to mom.” She mumbled quietly the later part.

“Just get home soon, I need to talk to you.”

“Okay then, I will just clock out and I will see you home in twenty. Be careful”

“You too.” Charlene pay no attention to her daughter right after she put off the call from her best friend. She knew her daughter might suspect her that something is odd on how she is acting and that she will for sure ask her questions regarding the event tonight, she doesn’t want her daughter to know that something is wrong, she is not yet prepared to come clean, not when seeing her eldest shook her to the core. Guilt, anticipation, loneliness, love and sadness overwhelm her too much she doesn’t know how to feel at all. More importantly how she will talk to Tiffany about her past and how she will react. She needed someone to talk to and Grace is the right person for that.

 

"Mommy are you okay? Your hands are shaking.” Charlene suddenly realized she let out her emotion too much. Luckily they already reached their home. After she park the car she is driving in the garage, she hurriedly went out and took all her things at the backseat and went inside. Tiffany follows her mom and felt really guilty, she have never seen her mom like this before and it makes her felt guilty more. She remember what her mom told her before when they got to Korea that they should not go to this kind of places and that she needed to be low key, not that they have criminal records or so but her mom don’t want anyone from their past to know where she is, well they are, because as she quote her mom “Those people will try to approach us again and we don’t want that to happen.” Back in the states both of them were usually approach by a lot of scouts since she was young, some thinks they are sisters or just young Aunt and niece, so mostly everyone could not believe that they are a mother and daughter pair, whenever they went everyone will talked to them to the point that they think they are being harassed and that they felt that they are being stalked. And thinking that changing the environment may be much better to them plus her mom got a very good job now. (And not that Charlene will tell Tiffany the whole reason why they are moving back in Korea) plus it might be also good for Tiffany to learn more about her mother’s heritage and that she is hoping to meet other relatives aside from her Auntie Grace and her husband which by the way the only family she knew growing up aside from her mother and they both not even blood related.

 

“Mommy, Please I’m really sorry it won’t happen again. And if it does I promise I will tell you first, you know I always keep my promise right I always tried and this the only one, it really slips my mind because I am rushing. I swear I didn’t mean to left you out I thought I told you before and that I never knew they will put me in an auction.” Tiffany told her mother teary eyed since she never think this will get her in too much trouble and that she wanted to tell her what really happened. She fiddled with her necklace subconsciously.

 

Charlene is about to coax her daughter that she was not at fault and that she, as her mom, should not reacted too much and that she was just scared she will be harassed, but when she saw her touching something on her neck that looks familiar, she went towards her and grab her shoulder so she can look at what she is wearing. “Sweetheart did you wore this necklace in the Auction? I told you we cannot afford to lose these right? Has anyone ask you something or someone recognized you and approach you?” feeling anxious on what her daughter will say.

 

“You were auction? And you are wearing that? Tell us where did this happen and who held the auction? Because I only know one charity auction that being held tonight?” Grace who just entered their home heard the mother and daughter conversation while she was at the door.

 

“Not you too Auntie you’re supposed to be on my side plus one question at a time please.”

 

“Nah! Answer it first then I will decide if I will be on your team this time.” Grace told Tiffany while eyeing her best friend reaction.

 

“Well I was about to answer mom’s but cut you me off and even ask for more. Any ways first I’m sorry mommy but I wasn’t even aware I was going to take part with that auction charity in Seoul Grand Hotel. I am not really sure who even held the charity ball but I heard it was sponsored by some Super Rich family in Asia, I wouldn’t know who they are because I never been to any ball that big. That jerk put me on the spot and yes before you reacted I already dumped him. He even tried to outbid me lucky he did not but the kind girl who I met there. I wore this necklace on the auction but I swear I was really careful with it, I promise you mom not even a scratch. And oh did you know how much I was bid for?” Tiffany looks excited. “50 million won mommy, Geez your daughter’s one time dinner date cost 50 million won mommy.” She suddenly felt a cold gaze coming from both her mom and auntie. “Sorry mom but I need to accept a friendly dinner date one of these days I guess.. but I swear she is a girl, funny thing was she told me I looked familiar not only her but I think the lady who help me which I later found out that she was the mother of girl who I will have a friendly date with. And the unnie I am with says I look exactly like her friend. Do I look too ordinary? If I wasn’t too nervous I will think I have a long lost sister and that they knew where she is they were adamant to let me meet her in person, too bad I was in a hurry I think she will be the last to auction, I am now a little curious on what she looks.”

 

“You what??” Both Charlene and Grace was shock.

 

 

“Unnie do you th

Please log in to read the full chapter