Chapter 06

My Sister and Her Best Friend
Please log in to read the full chapter

Mrs. Serene Kim POV

 

The kids are all seated and all of our friends are helping to entertain some of the guests so I excused myself to go to the backstage to have a talk with the girls in the auction. I wanted to assure them that this will only be just for charity and one time dinner date and we will be putting security on them during their so called “date”. I was going through the list when the organizer told me that the last one will be one of the invited guest and not my daughter and I told them that’s ok. The host was now starting the auction and the girls are all going on stage soon and I am still looking for my daughter and her friend to be around, that’s when I saw Hyomin approaching me. I asked her where her Unnie is and she told me she was just talking with the kids and will be here in a second, so I told her to relax and get ready. She went to talk with some of the girls she knew and I was left waiting for my daughter, a while later, I saw her getting a seat in a corner trying to open her phone so I grab her into a hug.

 

“Oh Chanel. I been looking for you…” she stand rigid that’s when I had a look at her. “I’m sorry. So sorry I thought you are my daughter.” I said. I apologize and went to seat in front of her. It was so embarrassing but she really look like Chanel. Just much younger version of her. Heck someone will think they are even siblings.

 

I continue my gazed towards her while waiting for Chanel, but she seems in trouble and fidgety so I tried to approach her again this time more calmly. I asked her what’s bothering her and offer my help. She told me that she didn’t know that she was going to be auction and only found it out today. Apparently his now ex-boyfriend set her up and she can’t back-out because the guy’s parents already listed her and that they ask for the favor to be carried so they wouldn’t lose face. Gosh whoever they are they should not put her in this. This is not a status standards to anyone in the company. I wonder how they think of about this. I was about to get her out of the list but apparently they have given the host the copy of the participant and they already auditing everything so I can’t just put her out of the list without talking with the head organizer whom I can’t even found. Next time I will definitely be the one to put this together again, if only we wasn’t so busy with school and overseas meeting, I will organize this event much better. To think they even thought about this kind of auction theme this year. I will never let them do this again. If only I was on time, I have prevented this to happen. So I told her to relax and that I will look for my daughter, luckily she was the last one on the list and Chanel might help her ease up a little or think of an idea. I also told her that I will have someone to take her mom in here when she comes to pick her up and I will be the one to take full responsibility for her. I needed to make sure we explain it to them and assure her mom this wasn’t supposed to be the case. She thanked me and I know she’s grateful for what I have told her. I went up and asked Hyomin to keep her company while I look for Chanel. Hyomin had her jaw drop when I introduce them to each other. I know what exactly Hyomin was thinking so I hush her to not speak anything that will make the girl uncomfortable. I don’t know why I wanted to help this kid. Maybe because it’s for our charity and that it’s still my responsibility on what will happen to her after the auction is over or maybe because she looks like our hero.

 

I went to look for Chanel but I can’t find her still, It is been a while and she needed to be backstage asap. I went to the washroom first before going back to the backstage to comfort the girl when I bumped into someone, but she seems distress or something she was not from the event I think but she looks familiar. I shrug it all and went and found Chanel in the corner and ask her where she has been she looks so pale I wonder what happened to her. We had a talked for a minute before going back to the event and into the backstage. I wanted to introduce her to the kid but she doesn’t look fine.

 

Chanel POV

 

When we went inside the event we were greeted by a lot of people, some of them I barely knew and some looks familiar. We went around and found my family and the bellas seated near the kids so we went to their table and greeted them all. They told us that Mama is in the backstage checking and looking for us. Jiwoong went and hug me and kiss my head like usual and introduced me to his special friend and I think she was shock. Jiwoong probably did not mention us to her. Poor her, Shin Hye if I’m correct, might have an heart attack from this kid. I told them that we will join them later after the auction and went to the kids. The kids seems very happy to see us that they almost tipped their tables down. Luckily they are quick to hold it or else they will be scolded for acting like that. I am very happy to see the kids, we been very busy lately with the showcase for our fashion line that I don’t have enough time for them specially soeur. Speaking of soeur, where is she? I asked the kids and Jessica and Sunny said she feels suffocated a while ago and needed a breather. I think I know where she went. I told Hyomin to go ahead and look for Mama in the backstage and turn to go to the deck patio where my little miss anti-social usually go to escape the crowd.

 

There I saw her seating on her usual spot so I walked in and I interrupted her musing. She stared at me for a while like she had never seen me before or she seen a ghost, I just engulfed her in a tight hug. Oh this is nice, I miss her so much. I been so busy lately that I had no time to see her often. And she’s been busy with her projects too. I gave her a peck on the side of her head and let go.

 

“Hey! Why are you staring at me like that? Did you miss me? I’m sorry, I am so busy with the shop lately that I did not spend time with you. I promise after this I will have more time.” I told her. She just lean on me and hug me for a little while.

 

“I miss you Laree. I miss you so much. I thought you forgot me.” I chuckled, how can I even forget her if she clings to me always since she’s so little. Well she’s still little but I won’t tell her that or else. “Where have you been? And did you know, I just met someone who looks like you, well a younger version of you.” What is she talking about?

 

“Hey Dear what are you talking about?” I heard that the auction is already starting and I needed to be on the backstage ASAP. Oh boy! Shoot I haven’t told her that I will participate oh geez.

 

“Someone I met here. I happen to saw her having an argument with some guy. But I have not seen her face by that time, so I interrupted them and told them that there are some paparazzi roaming around and that they wouldn’t want the host to know that there are some scandal around the vicinity. And then the guy left and I thought she went back when I got into my usual spot but she did not and then ask if she can stay to take a breather. Apparently she will be Auction in the charity today.” She said. Oh no no. “Did you know that there will be Human Auction in the Charity? Who in a world actually got that idea?” She told me. How will I tell her I will also take part to the auction? I think I will release our little tiger today.

 

“About that. Ahmm actually it was Secr

Please log in to read the full chapter