Seven Things || DaehyunxOC

11:11 Wishes

"I heard you like me... Well, just so you know... I'll never like you back."

It's been years since that incident happened, but I can still remember every word he said.

That was our first conversation and my first heartbreak too.

 


 

"Yah! So you're planning to escape huh?" Ji Eun unnie, my cousin, laughed as she dragged me towards a hotel.

 

"I-I am not n-needed here and..."

How can I say this? That I am  not comfortable here? If only I knew that he is related to Yongguk oppa, I won't attend his and Ji Eun unnie's wedding.

 

"Is it because of –"

 

"Daehyun-hyung!" My younger brother yelled making us look at the guy making his way towards my brother. "You're so handsome hyung!"

 

Psh. Handsome his face.

 

Ji Eun unnie looked at me with a playful smile on her face.

 

"Why?" I asked.

 

She just gave me a you-know-what-I-mean look.

 

"Psh. I'll go inside. I might bump into him here."

 

Luckily, I didn't.

 

He's Jung Daehyun. I loved him since we were high school. When we reached our college years, our professor noticed how I look at him and interrogated me.

I was caught off guard with his questions so I ended up admitting I like Daehyun.

I asked her to keep that as a secret between us but unfortunately, Daehyun's friend, Himchan was close to him since he was his student assistant that time and he accidentally told him that I like Daehyun. So the news spreaded like wild fire in the campus.

 

After that, Daehyun approached me and said, "I heard you like me... Well, just so you know... I'll never like you back."

 

It damn hurts but yeah, I have to accept reality.

 

Ever since he knew that I like him, we started getting close.

He often teased me about me liking him and stuff. I hated him for that.

 

"Eunhye-noona!" My younger yelled making me cover my ears.

"Yah!" I shouted back.

"Sit here araseo?" He held my hand and asked me to seat two tables from where I was seating a while ago.

 

And luck is on my hands, Daehyun sits too far from our table.

 

I was about to seat when I noticed my brother holding something.

 

"Yah! What's that?!?" I asked him.

 

"Noona! This not a flower. Araseo?" He answered as he tried his best to hide the tulips, my favorite flower.

 

"Yeah right! Those are stars!" I said sarcastically rolling my eyes.

 

"Aniyo! These are tulips!" He even showed me the flower he was hiding.

 

"Chunghee!" Daehyun called him and he went immediatelly next to Daehyun. Aish.

Chunghee is close to Daehyun than his own big sister.

 


 

"Thank you for all of you who attended one of the most important day of our lives." Ji Eun said as Yongguk oppa put his arms around.

I adore this lovely couple. People say they're too young to know about forever but here they are, proving the world that even though they are still young, they can handle responsibility.

Both of them just finished attending university few weeks ago.

 

I'm so lonely on my table since I sat with Ji Eun unnie's family. They were giving their speeches for the newly-wed couple so I'm just here all alone.

 

"ssibal." I hissed as the lights went off.

People started to panic. Aish.

 

"Good evening." I heard a familiar voice that made my heart beat faster.

 

A spotlight suddenly shone down on him.

Why is he there? Where is Ji Eun unnie? Yongguk oppa? Is he going to perform a song?

 

"Uhm. Mianhae for taking the stage away from Yongguk hyung ang Ji Eun noon." He chuckled.

Aish. Why is he so handsome? That face of him. Omo.

 

"I already asked permission so yeah" He continued, "I'm here not to perform but to say something to a girl..." He smiled and looked at

 

ME?!?

 

"... To a girl who used to like me back when we were in high school until now."

 

Only a minimal amount of light was switched on and I was shocked when most of the newlywed visitors are looking at me.

 

'Aish! What do you want Jung Daehyun!?!?' I mentally scoffed.

 

"So I took this opportunity to tell everyone all the things and reasons why I don't like her." He smirked.

 

"Oh Eunhye. Here's the 7 Things and Reasons why I don't like you."

 

What the hell?!? He could just tell me personally. I just sat there looking at him with a bored face.

 

"First, I don't like girls like her."

 

"Second, I find her last name. Oh? Is that SNSD's song?"

People started reacting. Some of the guests have 'Oh' as a last name.

But my grandfather seems to be cool about it. He usually yells at people who are making fun of our names but he is just smiling. What the hell is going on?

 

"Third, I know she is intelligent but being intelligent doesn't mean she knows everything." I glared at him.

I know I don't know everything but still...

 

"Fourth, her life has no directions." He smirked again.

I want to make him stop but this isn't the worse. This is just the fourth reason.

 

"Fifth, you thought she is nice? Nah. She's a bad influence to me. She taught me how to gamble."

How dare he? I stood up but he motioned me to sit down. "Just... Don't interrupt me."

 

"Sixth, and because she's a bad influence, she's darkness."

 

"... And lastly, I simply don't like her."

 

SO THAT'S IT?!? THE HECK?!?

 

I stood up and everyone is now staring at me.

 

"WELL, MR. JUNG DAEHYUN! THANK YOU FOR TELLING ME THOSE THINGS!!!!" I yelled and walked towards the exit.

 

"Yah! Hajima! I'm not yet done!" He said.

 

I reached the door but some men closed to before I can go out.

 

"JUST LET ME GO OUT. AND DAEHYUN! WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT TO TELL EVERYONE, YOUR EIGHT REASON? NINE? TEN?" I shouted.

 

"You won't get hurt, you're too numb to get hurt." He replied coolly.

 

"So it's me this time? Me? Numb? HA-HA" I laughed sarcastically.

 

"Yes, YOU!" He answered back.

 

"Just listen to me and at the end, tell me if I am numb or just accept that you are numb." He retorted.

 

There is something he wants to tell me. But... I don't know what is it.

 

"Okay. Back to the seven things." He looked at the table where my family was seating and everyone is smiling.

 

"I don't like girls like you..." Then I noticed a spotlight shining down on me.

 

"because it's just YOU, Eunhye, that I want." I felt my cheeks heat up.

 

"I don't like your last name..."

 

"... Because I want you to be a Jung. Mrs. Eunhye Jung."

 

"You're intelligent but that doesn't make you know everything..."

 

"... Because you don't know I really, really, really adore you." He smiled – a genuine smile just for me.

 

"Your life has no direction..."

 

"... So, I'm willing to lead you the way towards this." He said and pointed at his chest where the heart lies.

 

He went down the stage and slowly made his way towards me.

 

"You taught me how to gamble..."

 

"... That is to risk even our friendship just because of my feelings for you."

 

"You're darkness..."

 

He is now about 3 meters away from me.

 

"Because, when you're around... All I see is nothing but you."

 

Every step he takes makes my heart pound.

 

I can't even stop smiling.

 

"I don't like you..."

 

"I love you." He said as he looks intently in my eyes.

 

"You what?" I asked him still shock of the confession.

 

"I love you Eunhye. I am such a coward that I can't even confess my feelings for you." He said as he scratched his nape.

 

"Sorry for being numb." I said and looked at him.

 

"Sorry for being a coward." He was about to hug me when I remembered something...

 

"But what you said few years ago..." I mumbled.

 

"I... I didn't know that I'll like you... Uhm no. Scratch that. I didn't know I'll love like this back then."

 

I thought these scenes only happen in books but it happened to me.

 

"I love you okay?" He whispered as he hugs me.

 

"Eunhye, I know that you still like me but I'll still ask this question..."

 

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He said in the microphone. People started clapping when my little brother blurted out, "Yaah! Hyung you forgot to give noona this!" He handed the tulip he was holding a while ago.

 

I laughed at my brother acts. I saw my grandparents, parents and cousin giving me thumbs up.

 

"Uhm. Eunhye, I'm waiting." Daehyun said as he taps his shoes on the ground.

 

"I-i..."

 

"Oh wait, let me rephrase it." His face lit up and continued, "... You only have two choices, so whether you like or you love it, you're now officially mine."

 

I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah yeah, Whatever." I said shoving my hands to him.

 

"I love you Oh Eunhye." He said and pulled me in a hug.

 

"I love you too Jung Daehyun."

 

-End