Past or Present || KaixOCxKris

11:11 Wishes

I smoke.

I drink.

I go clubbing every night.

I sleep with random guys.

They say I'm a bad girl.

They say I'm a player, a , a bad influence but I don't care...

They just know my name not my story and I didn't live to please them.

 

 

 

I'm Hana Jung.

College Sophomore in SM Academy.

The good girl gone bad because of HIM.

 

 

But someone accepted me for who I am...

He accepted my flaws...

My imperfections...

My bad attitude...

He loved me more than anyone else...

 

 

But, can I love him back...

Can I love the person who handled me at my worst even if my past still haunts me?


 

 

-Flashback Two years ago-

 

"Good morning."

"Hi Hana!"

"Hello Miss Jung!"

 

I smiled at every person who greeted me.

They say I'm the 'Almost Perfect Girl' but I don't believe in that.

 

I'm just showing the real me.

 

I was walking towards our classroom when I bumped into a post...

 

No. A guy – A tall and handsome guy. He looks like a model or an actor I often see on TVs.

 

"Uh. You can take a picture. It lasts longer." He said making me return to reality.

 

"Uh. Umm. Sorry." I whispered and walked away.

 

I'm about to open our classroom door when...

 

"Hey! Hey!" A familiar voice shouted which I guess, belongs to that guy I bumped earlier.

I turned around to look at him.

 

"What?" I asked him.

 

"You... Uhm." He scratched the back of his neck while looking at his other hand with a pile of books.

 

I looked at him with a what-do-you-mean look.

He grinned and walked towards my direction.

 

"I suppose these are yours."

 

AISH! JUNG HANA! I mentally scolded myself. How can I forget my books?

 

"Uh. I-I'm S-sorry."

Now you stammer over a guy.

 

I composed myself and grabbed my books. "T-thanks." I murmured.

 

"Come on. We will be late." He said and grabbed my hand walking towards our classroom.

 

Wait... our classroom... OUR CLASSROOM?!?!?

 

"Good thing Ms. Jung accompanied you here, Mr. Wu." Mr. Lee said.

 

"N-no sir. I accidentally bumped into him and I didn't know this is his class too." I said and sat on my designated chair.

 

"So class as you can see, we have a transferee here. So Mr. Wu, please introduce yourself."

 

That guy nodded and said..."Err. Good morning. I'm Wu Yi Fan or preferably, Kris. An exchange student from China." He smiled making almost ever girl in our class squeal.

 

Our teacher told him to sit beside me.

 

Since then we became friends until bestfriends.

 

Whenever I'm with him... I feel butterflies in my stomach but I'm afraid to show him that I like him because he doesn't feel the same.

 

Few months passed and we were walking at a park when he suddenly stopped.

 

"I like you... Oh. Scratch that. I love you Hana." He smiled shyly.

 

"Wu Fan... I-I love you too." I covered my face with my hands not wanting him to see my tomato-colored cheeks.

 

"You look so cute when you blush." He said pulling me and a hug. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

 

"Yes. Yes Wu Fan. I would love to." I replied.

 

Our first few months went so good. Weekend dates, family dinners, and the whole school knew about it. Some are envious but mostly, we received positive comments.

By the end of the school year I was awarded as top of our batch and he was the second.

 

It's our Fifth monthsary when I planned to surprise him.

I went to their house and noticed that his friends, Tao and Lay are also there. I was about to open the door since I have a spare key when I heard my name.

 

"About Hana..."

"Yeah."

"Here's my motorcycle key for your 5th month!"

"Here's mine."

"Haha! See. I told you I'll be able to stand five months with her not knowing that all of these were just a bet!"

And that line... That line from Kris... Changed me.

 

-Flashback Ends-

 

After that, I decided to move to Seoul. Fortunately, my parents allowed me to be independent.

I changed. Pain does that to people.

But I guess... That change is for the worse. But I don't care. It's my life anyway.

 

It's a Thursday night and me and my friends, Yoona and Tiffany went out to go clubbing.

 

We danced to the latest songs and a random guy approached me – a hot guy to be exact.

 

"Hey." He said and put his arms around my waist.

 

"I'm Jung Hana." I shouted since the sounds are blasting from the speaker.

 

"Kim Jongin."

 

And that night, something happened to us.

 

The next morning, I woke up with him on my side staring at me.

 

I looked at him with a confused look.

 

"I-I thought I'll wake up without you by my side." I chuckled.

 

"You really think?" He said laughing.

 

"Yeah."

 

"Well, you see..." He pulled me closer to him as if forgetting we were wearing nothing underneath the blanket we shared "... I liked you ever since I first saw you..."

 

"We just met last time." I said hugging him.

 

"Yeah. You used the word met... I used the word saw."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"I saw you back when you and that tall guy are still together." He answered making me shocked.

 

"And?"

 

"Ever since then, I developed my feelings for you. I love you Hana-ssi."

 

"B-but... I-I don't feel the same."

 

"Shh. I know. Just let me prove that I'm serious with you."

 

I found out that we were attending the same college and he is a year older than me. He 'stalks' me since I moved here in Seoul and told me he knew all the things I did – from changing myself from good to worse up to the sleeping with random guys. But a phrase from him touched my heart... "You know what, even though you're a bad girl... That didn't stop me from loving you."

 

After that 'meeting' we became friends. Until he changed me... He broke the hardened shell covering my heart and little by little, the old Hana Jung is seen by the others.

I don't go clubbing when he is not around. I quit smoking. I don't sleep with guys. Even him.

 

But that very day I'm gonna confess my love for him...

 

My past...

 

He came back...

 

"Uhm. Hey." Kris said as he stepped closer to me.

 

"Hey?" I smiled. A fake one. I thought I already moved on with the help of Kai... But he is here... He is standing infront of me... All I know is I can still feel the pain.

 

"Yah! Hana, I was---" Kai said from nowhere but after realizing that my ex is in-front of me... He stopped.

"I-I was looking for when I received your text."

 

"Who... Who is he?" Kris asked.

 

"Ahh. Yes. Kai, this is Kris... My uhm. Ex-boyfriend from Canada." I mumbled as I looked at him. "And Kris... This is Kai, my boyfriend."

 

"wait... You mean..." Kai looked at me with surprised eyes.

 

"Yeap. Nado saranghamnida." I answered him. He kissed me. Just a smack though.

 

"Uhh. Guys, I gotta go." Kris uttered

I looked at him but I saw pain in his eyes or it's my imagination only.

 

"Yeah. See you around." Kai said putting an arm around me. We looked at Kris heading to the opposite direction.

 

"You're not serious about that are you?" Kai asked me.

 

"I. Am. Serious." I looked at him intently and kissed him.

 

He pulled away from the kiss and jumped for joy.

And everything went black.

 

I woke up in a white room.

 

"What happened?" I asked Kai.

 

"You fainted. You're pregnant." He looked at me with a serious face.

 

"Jugulae? My period just ended yesterday!" I yelled at him.

 

"Yah! Yah! Relax. I'm just kidding. You just fainted due to over fatigue." He laughed.

 

"Whatever."

 

After that incident, I started fainting a lot. Once a week. Then twice and thrice...

I told my parents about it and they went to Korea the next day.

 

I am at my hospital room because I fainted twice this day and my mom told me that we should see the doctor.

 

I was walking in an aisle when I heard my mom and a doctor talking about something.

 

"She has HCM." The doctor said.

 

I don't understand some medical terms so I just walked away.

 

Ever since that day I fainted twice, I noticed that they treated me with extra care. Like I am fragile.

I was advised to take some medicines to lessen the faint incidents.

 

"Mom, what is HCM?" I asked my mom while eating dinner. Dad is outside with Kai buying ice cream I guess.

"W-why?"

"I overheard you and my doctor talking about it."

"What else did you hear?"

"Nothing. Only that HCM thing."

"Child, I have to---"

"WE'RE HERE!" Dad and Kai said in unison.

"So what is HCM?" I asked again.

Dad and Kai dropped the spoons and forks, mom stopped chewing.

"I guess, it's time for you to know." Dad continued... "HCM stands for Hyperthropic cardiomyopathy. Hana, your heart is weak. The muscles around it are abnormal. W-we didn't k-know... I-it has no c-cure u-unless a h-heart transplant w-will take place. We don't know w-where to get a h-heart for y-you."

I was shocked when I heard those words.

 

Maybe, I am too bad. This is my karma.

 

Soon, our friends knew about my condition. Even Kris. He asked us, me and Kai, if it's okay for him to help us... Kai didn't find any problem with that so we allowed him. Kris and I are just friends. The pain faded away with my feelings for him.

 

Everyday, I felt weaker...

 

*Kris' POV*

I'm such a jerk. This is my karma. I should have took care of her when she was in my arms...

Now, I can't bare seeing her like this.

 

Months passed by after we knew about her illness. I was like a robot that time. Seeing the one you love suffer that that disease is killing me. But I have to be strong for here.

 

I am looking after her since her mom and dad went out to buy her medicines and Kai is in the school making up with his absences because he is taking care of Hana.

 

I loved her and still does. The bet? Yes, she WAS a bet but I realized I love her. Kai and I had a man-to-man talk about this and he told me that he is okay with me taking care of Hana as long as I won't interfere with their relationship.

 

Hana suddenly sat up making me worried.

 

"Hana. You alright?" I asked her but when I saw her pale face... I went beside her. I knew something is wrong.

 

"I-I can't b-breathe." She said and passed out.

 

I carried her bridal style and went outside their house panicking.

I hailed a taxi and told the driver to go to the nearest hospital.

"Someone call the doctor." I shouted when we reached the entrance. The staff and nurses hurriedly assisted us.

Few minutes later, Kai and her parents arrived.

 

"Mr. and Mrs Jung. Can I have a minute please." The doctor called her parents.

 

After talking to the doctor, her parents went outside the doctor's office with tears in their eyes.

Her mom hugging her dad.

 

"Eomma, appa, what happened?" Kai asked them. I wish I was the one calling them that.

Aish! WU YI FAN! Stop that. You hurted her.

 

"She... She needs an operation immediately... If not in 24 hours... We will lose her." Her dad said and cried.

 

I went to her doctor and asked where can I get the heart they need.

 

"We often get heart for a transplant from accident where the victim didn't survived and the patient's family will pay for it. But before the transplant, we have to test the heart if it matches the patient's."

 

Kris. You hurt her so much. It's your time to take that pain you caused her years ago.

 

I immediately went to my house and prepared something.

 

*Kai's POV*

It's been 12 hours but still, no heart for Hana. We are losing hope.

No. Hana. Please not now. Not when I love you so much. I can't let you go.

I looked at her inside the ICU.

 

The sound of television from the nurse station was heard

"=Newsflash=

A Car accident took place in---"

 

"ICU PATIENT #13 TRANSFER TO OPERATING ROOM NOW. AGAIN ICU PATIENT #13 TO HEART OPERATING ROOM NOW."

 

ICU PATIENT #13?!? ICU PATIENT #13?!? THAT'S HANA.

 

Eomma looked at me and smiled. God, please take care of Hana during the operation.

 

Now, where is Kris hyung? He told me that he'll look for a heart donor.

 

After five hours of operation... Hana is now sleeping peacefully on her private room.

 

"K-Kai?" She opened her eyes and reached for my face.

 

"Don't move. I'll call your doctor." I ran outside and call her doctor.

 

After few examination, the doctor told us that she is out of danger. She is talking to her parents when I realized... Whose heart is on Hana now?

 

*Third Person POV*

Kai ran to Hana's doctor and asked, "Who is the donor of the heart?"

 

The doctor told him to follow him so he did. They reached the doctor's office and gave him an envelope.

 

"The donor wants Hana, you and her parents to read that if she woke up."

 

Kai felt nervous as he held the envelope.

 

"Uhh. H-hana. E-eomma. A-appa. The donor of the heart wants us to read this." Kai said and handed the envelope to Hana.

 

Hana opened it and tears formed in her eyes seeing the handwriting.

 

'Hana,

The moment you read this. I’ll probably be watching over you. I was a fool. A jerk. A stupid man back then.

My love for you was real... I should have manned-up and prove them to you.

Tell your dad and mom, I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm sorry for giving them trouble... Their daughter is the most amazing person I've ever met.

And also to your boyfriend, tell him not to look for other girls a'right? Beside him is the perfect girl every guy wants and he is lucky to have her... To have you.

My heart is now on you. See? We match hearts that means we are soulmate. I have to give it to you so you would live. So I can pay the hurt... The pain I caused you. I love you now and forever. I'm your angel now. Take care of my heart araseo? Wo Ai Ni.

Yours,

Kris'

 

Their eyes were filled with tears as the read the letter.

They found out that Kris had a heart test and matched her heart. He wrote the letter for Hana, Kai and her family and asked the doctor that if ever something happens to him. His heart will be on Hana's.

He died from a car accident. His car bumped into a tree that cause him severe brain trauma and later died.

 

'Wu Yi Fan... Wo Ai Ni. You'll always have a place in my heart.' Hana whispered. They are attending Kris' death anniversary. It's been three years since the accident happened.

She is now married to Kai and they had a child named Kris.

 

A gust wind wrapped around her and she knew, it was Kris...

 

-End