Daniel - #10: “I’m sorry for your loss.”

100 Ways to Say "I Love You" | Wanna One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Daniel walked into your shared apartment with your favorite candy and ice cream in tow. It was at-home date night and he couldn’t wait to cuddle up with you after a long day of practice. When he stepped inside, he was greeted by Rooney and Peter nuzzling themselves on his legs. Laughing, he tried to tiptoe around so he wouldn’t injure them.

“Kids, move before I hurt you!” 

They meow-ed at him before moving, somehow having understood their father’s request. He called out your name to tell you that he was home, but not hearing a response, he just figured you were taking a nap. Daniel put the ice cream into the freezer and the candy on the kitchen counter, humming along to the first song he ever danced for you to.

He was dancing, just shaking his to the music in his head, when he heard a quiet sob and sniffle. He paused and listened silently, putting a finger to his lips when Peter started to meow at him. After a minute, he heard it again and he grew worried.

Daniel walked swiftly into the living room to see you with your face in your hands, your shoulders quivering with every sob that came out of you. He was even more scared now, coming up with comforting words to say despite not knowing what had actually happened to you.

“Babe, what’s wrong?”

Hearing his voice had you shoot up, wiping your eyes aggressively to make any trace of your tears disappear. His hands grabbed your own to stop you, staring you in the face to try to make your eyes communicate with him what you were feeling. “Hey, what happened? Talk to me. Did I do something? Is today a special day that I stupidly forgot?”

You sobbed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter