G

Our Timid Love (Jicheol Ver.)

‘Boyfriend?’

The word keeps on replaying in his head, trying to understand the whole situation. He was at fault and that male was Seungcheol’s boyfriend before this? Why does he feels like he just got betrayed by someone he trust and cherish the most? ‘Not all of his secrets he told me.’ He told himself and try to sleep. At this time, he doesn’t care if Seungcheol is home or not because he just doesn’t want to care.

 

Seungcheol came home, looking devastated. He takes off his shoes and he knows he’s late, that means Jihoon is asleep already. He walks passed the younger’s room but halt. The door left slightly a jar and he decides to take a look on the younger. After all, he needs to take responsibility if something bad happens to Jihoon. He saw the younger sleeps peacefully and he can’t help but feels sorry to the younger. He knows he was harsh earlier but he just couldn’t control his feeling. He takes a look at the younger one last time and exits Jihoon’s room, closing the door.

 

 

Jihoon, Dokyeom and Soonyoung are having their lunch when suddenly Seungkwan barges to them. “Hey, what’s up, Boo.” Dokyeom greets as his mouth is full with food. Seungkwan is panting as he sits down, trying to calm himself. “I heard we’ll have a new student. I’ve heard he came all the way from New York to here.” Soonyoung and Dokyeom stops eating, looking fazed while Jihoon just don’t give a about it. All he cares is his foods.

“How do you know he’s from New York?”

“I accidentally heard the teachers talk about the boy.”

“How old is he?”

Seungkwan stares at Dokyeom as if he’s judging the elder with the question. “You’re like some crazy gay trying to find a man for yourself.”

“How would I know his age. I only heard about where he came from, geez.” Seungkwan says, activating his sassy mood and Dokyeom just rubs his head sheepishly. “I’m just wondering if he can be my friend.” Soonyoung, who’s sitting next to Dokyeom just stare at Dokyeom. “You know you have us, friend.”

 

Class has ended pretty quickly today because that’s what Jihoon feels right now even though it’s just the same as usual. Jihoon walks outside but he was grabbed by a certain someone. “Sorry for grabbing you like that.” The elder chuckles as he see the stunned face of the younger. Jihoon sighs as he’s relief seeing the man. “I thought you were someone bad.” Both of them walk to Joshua’s car and remembering yesterday’s incident, he really wants to know who that Jeonghan guy is. “Can you accompany me to the café for a while? If your hyung is fine, I guess.” Speaking of hyung, Jihoon quickly agreed because he doesn’t want to know what’s the elder doing right now.

“Uh, hyung. Who’s that Jeonghan guy by the way?” Jihoon asks as he playing with his fingers.

“Why, you’re curious?” The elder asks back as he pays full attention on the road. “Nothing. Just wondering, he looks new.”

“Yep, he’s my new employee. Honestly speaking, we were pretty close back then but something happened and I lost contact with him because I went to further study in States.”

Jihoon looks at Joshua as he’s parking his car in front of the café. “What happened back then?”

Joshua turns off the engine, take off his seatbelt and sighs. “Uh… I’m sorry if I’m asking too much.” Jihoon pursed his lips and take off the seatbelt, waiting for the elder to step out from the car first. “We were best friend.” Jihoon looks at the elder after quite long pause.

“Let me tell you inside.”

 

 

“Hey, Jeonghan. Take our order please.” Joshua says in his very sweet voice and smiles at the other. Jihoon saw that Jeonghan guy approach them with his hand inside the apron’s pocket. “What do you usually drink, Jihoon?”

“Ice latte, please.” Jeonghan nods and smile at the younger but then bows at Jihoon. Jihoon is flustered with the action and so does Joshua. “I’m sorry for yesterday. Your brother is fine, right? I’m really sorry because I accidentally stepped on his foot.” Jihoon smiles meekly and nod, telling the other it’s fine. Joshua smiles seeing the action. “By the way, Jeonghan. Since you’re new, remember that Jihoon is actually our regular customer and the drink that he order is the usual one.” Jeonghan nods again before leaving the two.

“He’s very nice, hyung.”

“He is.” Joshua says and smile looking at Jeonghan, not bothering the look that he gives right now.

 

 

Joshua sends off the younger in front of his apartment and Jihoon just thanks the elder for spending some time for him. The elder just chuckles, telling the younger that he’s the one who supposed to be thankful that the younger would like to spend some time with him. The younger waves at the elder and quickly walks in to his house.

He pressed in the password and slips into his house. He notices that the elder is not home yet and he feels relieve. Or else the elder might start some war.

Jihoon enters his room and lay on his bed. Taking out his phone to check if there’s any message or call from anyone but there’s none. He gets up and take a shower before preparing for his dinner, for himself.

After a while, Jihoon walks out to the kitchen to see if there’s anything that he can heat up. He puckers his lips, disappointed that there’s nothing he can heat up. If there’s Seungcheol, he can cook for him but right now, they’re fighting means no Seungcheol. He closes the refrigerator but then saw a sticky note there.

I will not be home till tomorrow.

-Cheol

He shrugs it off, thinking that the elder has his shift for today and decide to order some Chinese foods.

 

 

 

The next day, Jihoon sleeps in his class when suddenly he feels someone shakes him vigorously. He lifts his head and saw no other than Kwon 10:10 clock in front him. “What do you want?” He grumbles while stretching. “It’s recess time, dude.”

“So what? I want to sleep.”

“You’ve been sleeping since the lesson begins. Now, let’s meet up with the rest of boys.”

“Rest of boys?” He frowns and Soonyoung ignores him, bringing him to the canteen.

 

Soonyoung pushes Jihoon to sit next to Dokyeom while Soonyoung next to him. So, Jihoon is sandwiched between these tall people. Even though Soonyoung is not that tall. Jihoon rubs his eyes, still not fully awake. Then, he saw Seungkwan is sitting next to a foreign man that doesn’t look like Korean at all. “Who’s he?” He asks as he saw Seungkwan just smiles at him.

“Hyung, did you forget that we have new student?”

“Well, he’s not in my class. How would I know?” Soonyoung nudges him and give signs using his small eyes. Seungkwan gestures the other to introduce himself. “My name is Choi Vernon, I mean Hansol. Choi Hansol, 18 and I’m the new kid from New York.” He bows his head to the rest of hyungs.

“Why did you move?” Dokyeom asks as he’s very curious of this boy.

“My parents have finished their work in New York and decides to return to Korea.”

Soonyoung adds more question to the newbie. “You are pure Korean?” The younger shakes his head, smiling. “Mom is American while dad is Korean.”

The trio including Jihoon nod while their mouth are wide open, surprise at the answer. Somehow, the atmosphere become silent and they don’t know what to ask more because they already amazed with Hansol.

“Well, I have a brother in Korea. He didn’t follow my parents to New York because he thought he wanted to be independent. So, my parents approved him besides there’s our grandparents here.”

“Ah, really?” Hansol nods but add more, “My brother has a very close friend here, in this school but I don’t know how does he looks like.”

The rest of them are surprised because his brother has a friend here. “How old is your brother?” Seungkwan asks. “He’s three years older than me.”

Jihoon frowns. “Then, he must born in 95.” Hansol nods. Then, Jihoon remembers that Joshua is from America, it could be him. “We have a teacher from America and he’s the same age as your brother.”

“But my hyung didn’t go to America, all of his friends are from Korea. Also he told me that his friend is not the same age as him.” That leave the rest of them become more confused. “Perhaps do you know his name?”

“I don’t know if there’s any Korean name like this but he calls him, Woozi.”

 

The rest of them look each other and ponder if such name ever exists in this school. “I’m sorry, Sol but there’s no one name like that in this school. Could it be he’s in other school.”