E

Our Timid Love (Jicheol Ver.)

Jihoon stares at the food that Soonyoung bought it for him. The trio look at Jihoon worriedly because Jihoon is not being himself right now. Usually, when there’s food or recess time, Jihoon would dig in his food and eat as much as he can. But right now, in front of the trio, this Jihoon is so much different. Jihoon looks like lackadaisical. Soonyoung, whom realise Jihoon differences from the class asks, “What’s wrong with you, Jihoon? You’ve been spaced out since earlier. Anything happen?”

 Jihoon doesn’t know if he should tell his friends or not. He wants to tell someone but he thinks it’s his problem, so he doesn’t want to involve anyone in this matter. But the thing is, he’s so bothered with yesterday incident and thought it’s the best to tell his friends.

 “I fought with Seungcheol hyung.” At the mention of Seungcheol’s name, the three of them stops eating. They know about Jihoon and Seungcheol special relationship. They can’t deny that Seungcheol really cares about Jihoon and they have never seen Jihoon and Seungcheol fight before. “It turns really bad.” He mutters, looking lifeless.

 “What happen, hyung?” Seungkwan is so worried seeing his small hyung like this because usually Jihoon is full with savageness but now, this is not what Seungkwan wants to see.

 Jihoon tells the full story to his friends and he feels bad because he made the trio can’t have their lunch, peacefully.

 “So, you’re saying Seungcheol hyung is so mad about you and Joshua hyung?”

 “Because he’s scared that he’ll lose you?” Seungkwan continues Dokyeom.

 “You think this is Cheol hyung’s fault, Jihoon?” Jihoon nods slowly, didn’t what should he thinks right now. “You know, how about let us see if Seungcheol hyung really cares about you. Let’s see if he’ll come and pick you up.” A grin escapes from Soonyoung lips and that’s when the bell rings.

 

 “Hyung, I think it’s both of you are at fault.” Seungkwan says as he walks with Jihoon to Jihoon’s class. “You didn’t tell him and he’s mad because he thought that you were in danger. Remember, hyung. You came to Seoul all alone and if anything happens, Seungcheol hyung needs to take responsibility since he’s living you.”

 Jihoon just nods and both of them stops in front Jihoon’s class. “I think both of you should talk to each other to solve this out. Maybe it’s just misunderstanding. See you after class, hyung.”

 

 

 BooSeokSoon already leave the school, that leaves Jihoon alone because he doesn’t know if he should go home or not. He purposely wants to go home late, to make Seungcheol realises his fault. He knows he’s at fault too but he can’t let Seungcheol put all the blame on him. Seungcheol should know too. He thought of meeting Joshua, seek for advice but he thinks it’s the best not to meet the elder. He walks out of his school and sighs. Contemplating himself whether he should go home now or not. He’s been staying at school for a while and his friends already leave. He doesn’t know what he should do.

 He take a glance on his watch and it’s late already. He knows he made the elder waits for him but he wish right now, Seungcheol has his shift till night. He looks around only to found someone crouching on the floor. He doesn’t know whom he is, afraid that might be some gambler or what he quickly walk passed the guy.

 Before he could pass the guy, that guy grabs Jihoon’s soft hand. Jihoon freeze, doesn’t know what to do. He tries to push the grip away only to realise the guy kisses his hand. “I’m sorry, Jihoon.” The younger heard the familiar voice whispers and he doesn’t know why he feels nervous.

 He looks down at the man and he’s surprised that the one kissed his hand is Seungcheol. “H- Hyung?” He saw the elder eyes looking sad, depressed. “Jihoon.” The elder whispers his name and he doesn’t know why but the looks that Seungcheol gives is breaking his heart. He has never seen his hyung like this. “Hyung, why don’t you stand up first? I can’t see you like this.” Seungcheol shakes his head vigorously. “No, not until you forgive me.”

 Jihoon feels pity to his hyung. He doesn’t know this argument can make Seungcheol became like this. He never knows how much his hyung care for him but this sight made him believes that Seungcheol really cares for him. But still, he can’t forgive Seungcheol easily. He doesn’t want his hyung do the same thing in the future. “Just get up, hyung.” He grabs Seungcheol’s arm and pull the elder up gently. He saw tears escaped from his hyung eyes. Now his hyung makes him feel so bad. “H- Hyung. Let’s go home.”

 Before Seungcheol can proceed what he’ll do, Jihoon wipes the tears off and tell Seungcheol that they’ll talk this out once they reach home.

 

 

 Once they arrive at their home, Seungcheol still attached to the younger. “Hyung, I’m just gonna take a shower.” Jihoon let Seungcheol sits at the couch but Seungcheol is quick and grabs the younger arm again. “No. Just… not now.” Jihoon sighs and he swears this sight makes his heart break. He has never seen his hyung so fragile and today he witnesses himself. “Hyung, I forgive you but you can’t be like this. You look like you haven’t eat for a long time.”

 Seungcheol smiles meekly and nods. “What, hyung?” Jihoon looks at his hyung worriedly.

 “Don’t tell me you didn’t go to your work today?” The elder nods again.

 “Hyung, why you do this?” The elder looks at Jihoon and shrugs. “Maybe because you were mad at me and I can’t go to work in this condition.”

 “Hyung, it’s not that serious besides you won’t get enough pay for this month if you do this.” Seungcheol chuckles. “It’s just a day and why are you so worried, Jihoonie? Don’t you worried about me more?” Jihoon hits softly at Seungcheol’s arm. ‘At this time, you still wants to joke.’ He thought. “But, hyung.”

 “I see you didn’t think of me at all. You must had fun with your teacher.” Seungcheol becomes sad again and Jihoon just can’t believe his hyung right now. “Hyung, I’m not with my teacher at all today. I…” Jihoon looks down on the floor, hesitates to continue his talks. “I- I’ve thought about you, hyung but I don’t want to take things simple. I don’t want to forgive you easily and then in the future you’ll repeat the same. I don’t want that to happen, hyung.” Then, he saw Seungcheol smiles meekly but the smile is short.

 “Fighting with you is like losing you forever.” Both of them become silence for a while until Seungcheol talks again.

 “I’ve been like this since early in the morning. It’s like I’m mourning over someone but it’s just an argument between you and I. I just want you to know that I always love you no matter what and I promise I will not repeat the same thing.”

 

 “Because you’re very important to me, Jihoon- ah.”