I

Our Timid Love (Jicheol Ver.)

As soon as Jihoon arrives in his school, he knew he’s late already. He sighs and cursed mentally before going into his class. He doesn’t know how to enter his class and think what kind of excuses he will use. He’s been walking back and forth in front of his class and didn’t know that he’s wasting his time there. Then, all of sudden he feels someone grabs his shoulder and flinches but he’s too scared to turn around to see who it is. “Small man?”

His small eyes widened when he heard the voice. Honey like voice only belongs to one person that he knows and that is, Joshua. “What are you doing out here? Shouldn’t you be in the class already?” Jihoon turns to face the elder and gives his puppy look. “Uh… I- I woke up late today. I’m j- just afraid to go in.” The elder smiles. “It’s okay the class hasn’t started yet and I’m your teacher for this lesson.”

“H- Hyung?” Joshua chuckles and whisper right to Jihoon. “You may call me hyung when our lesson end but for now, you need to call me seonsaengnim.”

Jihoon is flustered and quickly enter the class, not wanting Joshua to see his red face. ‘Gosh, that man sounds like Cheol hyung.’

 

“Jihoon?” He taps Jihoon cheek, who has been sleeping during the class. “Lee Jihoon.”

He wakes up abruptly as he heard someone call his name, wiping the invisible saliva at the corner of his lips. He search for the owner of the voice and surprised to see Joshua stands in front of him with his sweet smiles plastered on his face. “H- How do you know my name?” Joshua takes a chair and sit next to Jihoon. “Well, your friend named Soonyoung told me.”

“It’s recess time. Don’t you want to eat?” Jihoon shakes his head but Joshua insists him.

“You’re late yet you asleep in my class. How can that happen?” Jihoon smiles sheepishly and play with his fingers. “Come on, let’s eat or else you’ll fall asleep again.” Joshua grabs Jihoon hand and led him to the rooftop. “Why are we here, hyung?”

Joshua smiles before answer the small man. “Isn’t it more comfortable here?”

 

 

 

 

Jihoon is having some stupid talk with BooSeokSoon because he thought he wants to join the boys to the arcade. Well, it was actually Dokyeom’s idea and hearing arcade, of course Jihoon doesn’t want to miss them. “How long has it been? I think it’s almost a year I didn’t go there.” Seungkwan said with full of reaction then got hit at his neck by Soonyoung. “Don’t lie, Seungkwan- ah. You just went there last week.” Seungkwan just smiles embarrassingly.

Then, all of them pause when the trio saw whose coming. “Hey, hyung.” Dokyeom raises his hand and wave at the elder. “What are you guys doing?”

“We’re going to the arcade, hyung. Do you want to join us?” Dokyeom says happily without even thinking that Joshua is a teacher in this school. “Yah, are you crazy? He’s a teacher!” Jihoon hissed and is pretty shock at the same time because Dokyeom just invited Joshua. “Ayy, come on Jihoon- ah. It’s not wrong for us to ask our best teacher to play the arcade with us. Besides this hyung is just two years older than us, Jihoon- ah.”

And that’s when Jihoon sensed something might happen if Joshua joins along. “It’s okay, Jihoon. I won’t tell anyone about our secret.”

‘Our secret? Sounds like yours and mine secret.’ But agreed with the idea because he’s been craving to go to the arcade since he had his work before. Not like Seungcheol prohibits him from doing so, but he thinks it’s not that important and he didn’t want to burden his hyung. So, right now is the only chance he has and that’s how they end up going to the arcade.

 

As soon as they arrive at the arcade, the trio left Jihoon and Joshua all alone and went to choose their game. Jihoon really wants to join his friends but because Soonyoung says he needs to play with Joshua, he had no choice but to stick with Joshua. “So, what game do you want to play?” Jihoon suddenly feels the awkwardness between him and the elder. “W- Whatever you want to play, hyung.” Joshua looks at Jihoon and looks around the arcade. “Just choose whatever you want to play. I don’t really know the game inside here.”

“Huh?” That comes out loud than Jihoon expects.

“Oh, actually I never been to any arcade before. I thought it’ll be fun if I go with you guys and watch you guys play.”

“You n- never been to arcade b- before?” Joshua nods and asked Jihoon to play whatever he wants because he doesn’t want the kids to go home late. They still have school tomorrow. “Okay then, let me teach you how to play.” Jihoon smirks and somehow that makes Joshua wonders about this little kid. ‘He surely is something.’

 

 

After like an hour in the arcade, Joshua told them to go home already. Thinking their parents might be worried about them. “See you tomorrow, hyung.” Dokyeom side hug Joshua and the trio leave Jihoon alone with Joshua. Again. ‘I’ll kill them tomorrow.’ He thought as he saw Soonyoung is teasing him silently.

“Let’s go home, kid. I’ll send you.” Jihoon just nods along and enter the elder car. “Your hyung might be worried about you. Have you tell him that you went out?” Jihoon shakes his head. Usually he wouldn’t tell Seungcheol until he comes home but if he’ll be home late, he’ll tell the elder. Now, Jihoon thought is not that late so he’ll tell the elder once he arrives. “Your brother won’t be worried?” Jihoon knew Seungcheol might be worried over him but sometimes he just wants to have some fun without telling Seungcheol.

After all the directions he gives to Joshua, they finally arrive at Jihoon and Seungcheol shared apartment. Joshua insists that he wants to send Jihoon until the younger reaches his home and Jihoon didn’t argue because he thought that Seungcheol should meet him to make him less worried. “Okay. Let’s go.”

Jihoon unlock the door and saw Seungcheol is sitting on the couch, watching TV. Seungcheol realise the younger has come home and is about to ask him questions but stop when he saw another figure behind his little dongsaeng. “Who’s that, Jihoon?” Jihoon asks Joshua to come in and not to forget, he’s aware that Seungcheol practically is mad at him by hearing the name that he called. “This Joshua, hyung. He’s my teacher.” Seungcheol recalls the man and walks to the man. Sticking out his hand to shake hand. “Hello. I’m Joshua.”

“Seungcheol.” He answers impassively.

“I just want to let you know that your brother went to the arcade with me and his other friends. I’m sorry if he’s late.” Joshua talks politely, doesn’t know that Seungcheol is the same age with him. “Thanks for sending him, Joshua. How about dinner together?” Joshua refused but it seems like Seungcheol doesn’t except no. He starts to cook for dinner and Jihoon is in his room, taking shower. That leaves Joshua alone in the living room.

“I’m sorry if I bother you somehow.” Joshua said as he looks at how skilful Seungcheol cooks. “Hmm. It’s okay.”

Then, Jihoon came out from his room with fresh look. “Oh, hey.” Jihoon turns on the TV and take a seat next to Joshua. “Is it okay for you to go home late, hyung?”

Seungcheol ears perked when he heard Jihoon calls Joshua ‘hyung.’ Somehow, he can’t concentrate on his cook when he heard Jihoon calls someone else hyung other than him. He knows that Joshua is just the same age with him and it’s never wrong for Jihoon to call the other ‘hyung.’ But somehow, he doesn’t feel right when that Jihoon called the other ‘hyung.’

‘I’m his only hyung, not him.’

 

 

 

 

 So, I made a lot of Jihoon and Joshua moment but there'll be more Jicheol interactions in the future. Hope you'll anticipate the next update! ;)