N

Our Timid Love (Jicheol Ver.)

Both of them went out to grab some coffee at a nearby café. Seungcheol takes the order while Jihoon choose the place to sit. Jihoon stares outside then a familiar figure caught his sight. “Jisoo hyung?” His eyes trails the elder but disturbed when Seungcheol suddenly appear in front of him. “What are you looking at?” Jihoon just shakes his head but his eyes still trailing the other. He saw Joshua walks past the younger and Jihoon frowns. ‘Didn’t he saw me?’ Joshua is sitting at the corner at the back just behind him and he realise something that he met Joshua at this café last time. That makes him wonder if Josh loves to go to this café. “Hyung, did you buy any cookies?”

 That question makes Seungcheol frowns. “You’re not into cookies, why suddenly?” Jihoon realises his question doesn’t suit his taste at all and makes an excuse. “I just want to have it.” Seungcheol didn’t ask any further and buy for the younger. Jihoon turns back and sit across him. “Hyung.” Joshua looks up from his phone to the voice. “Jihoon, what are you doing here?” He asks, totally surprised seeing the younger is here.

 “I always go to this café whenever Cheol hyung is free.” Joshua nods, understanding.

 “How about you, hyung? The last time we met, you were also sitting here, alone.” Joshua smiles at the statement and Jihoon is curious. “I love to go here. It’s very calming and this is my favourite spot. The employees here also know that this is my spot.” Jihoon nods but is shock when he heard other voice call him, sternly.

 “Jihoon.” The younger turns to the elder and grins awkwardly.

 “Oh hey, Seungcheol. What’s up?” Joshua greets the other and Jihoon knows that Seungcheol didn’t like it at all.

 ‘Who does he thinks he is? Greeting me like that.’ Seungcheol clenches his jaw but still respond to the other, thinking he might be rude. “What are you doing here?” Seungcheol eyes look at the younger when he asks the question. Joshua gets the hint and chuckles. “Oh don’t worry. I didn’t know that he’ll be here today besides anyone can go to this place, right?” Joshua smiles, showing his eye smiles and for the first time Jihoon feels like someone just challenged his hyung.

 Seungcheol takes a deep breath and exhale then smile as sweet as he can, showing off his pair of dimples. “Of course, anyone can come.”

 

 The two end up sitting together with Joshua after Jihoon pleaded at the elder countless time and he agreed because he found it annoying for Jihoon to plead for other man. “I’ve heard you guys are the regular customer over here.” Jihoon nods but frowning. “How do you know, hyung?”

 “The employees told me. They recognise both of you.”

 Seungcheol scoffs and thinks that this man is being ridiculous because why the employees would told him about them being the regular customer. “Why would they told you? You’re a regular customer too, right? Why don’t they tell us?”

 “Oh, I’m not a regular customer.” That make the two frowning more. Jihoon totally didn’t understand the elder because he said he always came here, doesn’t that mean he’s a regular customer. Joshua saw the looks and decide to tell them.

 “I’m actually the owner of this café. That’s why I’m always here, if you’re wondering.” That leave the two of them shock, jaw drop right on the floor.

 

 

 Seungcheol is utterly shock that he really thought that Jisoo guy just defeat him in everything. That makes him thing that Jisoo can tackle Jihoon easily which is he doesn’t want that to happen. ‘Damn, he’s a rich boy.’ He looks at Jihoon and Joshua chattering happily, asking about Joshua private life. He doesn’t want to know about it but he can’t help to be curious about this foreign man. I mean he’s just 23 and the owner of this café. What else can he owns other than this.

 Seungcheol averts his gaze to elsewhere because he does really feel defeated by this man. All of sudden, a waiter accidentally stumbled on the floor, making the tray that he holds thrown away. The couple next to the trio gasp when they saw the remaining water that the waiter picked up spilled on Seungcheol’s shirt. At this moment, it feels like the time has stopped.

 “Hyung, are you okay?” Jihoon speaks as he saw the look on Seungcheol’s face. The elder just stare at his shirt and for the second time today he became quiet. “Yoon Jeonghan.” Joshua says sternly and grab Jeonghan wrist to have some talk. While Jeonghan looks at Seungcheol apologetically, not knowing what to do as Joshua grabs him.

 “Hyung.” Jihoon speaks softly as he’s worried about the elder. Seungcheol looks at Jihoon and mutter, “I guess we’re not going out today.”

 

 Arriving their home, Jihoon is really not used with this quietness knowing the elder is usually the noisy one. “Are you okay, hyung? Can you please talk to me?” The elder didn’t speak a word and walk to his own room to change his clothe.

 ‘Was it my fault that I talk with Joshua hyung?’ It makes Jihoon feels bad.

 Jihoon knocks on the door before entering the elder’s room. He saw Seungcheol is sitting at the veranda, staring outside. The younger doesn’t know what has been occupying Seungcheol’s mind but he wants to know. “Hyung.”

 “I told you it’s a big mistake for you to talk with Joshua.” The elder speaks making the younger flinches. He stares at the elder only to see Seungcheol is still staring outside. “I’m sorry, hyung. I didn’t know that will happen.”

 “Yeah, if you pay more attention to me, then that wouldn’t happen.” He scoffs as he turns around and exiting his room. Jihoon is so confused and worried at the same time, not understanding what the meaning behind those sentences is. So, is he at fault? Jihoon tries to walk along with Seungcheol but stops when he saw the elder grabs his car key and open the door. “Where are you going, hyung? I thought you don’t want to go out.”

 Seungcheol stops and side glace at the younger. “Yeah, not with you.” Jihoon doesn’t know what happened but the answer Seungcheol gives somewhat make him feels crushed. Like someone just stabs his heart, like something hurt inside. He freezes, waiting for the elder say more but he regrets waiting for it because that’s not what he wanted to hear.

 “I don’t know how you know Joshua but the male he grabbed earlier, was my boyfriend.” And with that, Seungcheol slams the door and leave the younger all alone in the house.