Nine

What is Happiness?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino is on his way to pick Sandy up. He called to let her know.


"Good morning, Ms. Park. I'm on my way."

 

"Good morning, Mino-ssi.Okay, I'm all packed." 

 

"Perfect. See you in 15."

 

"Okay. See you." Sandy ended the call.

 

"This is it." She thought. A few minutes later, someone knocked on their door."I'll get it, mom!" 

 

It was Donghae. She almost forgot about him.

 

"Hey. Uhm, need any help?" He greeted.

 

"Nope. I'm all done. Like I said, I don't have a lot to pack." She answered coldly.

 

Sandy thought this is the best solution, give Donghae the cold shoulder. She is not ready for a relationship and even if she is, she surely isn't ready to be abandoned.

 

"That's okay. I didn't come here just for that anyway." He said while taking out packs of food from inside his bag.

 

"Mom prepared these for you." He lied. He literally made a checklist of all her favorite foods, bought them and even had his mom help him prepare them all yesterday.

 

"Wow, I should call your mom to thank her."

 

"That won't be necessary. I'll tell her myself."

 

"I should still thank her."

 

"Don't worry about it. You're like family, already." He said while winking.

 

"Don't forget to thank her for me, okay??" She insisted.

 

"Of course. By the way, what's your boss' address?" He tried to ask.

 

"Why would you need his address?"

 

"Donghae, son. I'm sorry if Sandy is a bit dense today. She's just nervous. Just give him the address, for my peace of mind." Her mom commanded her.

 

"But you already have the address mom."

 

"Please." Her mom asked, holding her hand.

 

"Fine. I'll text you the address later."

 

"Okay. I'll ring you up if you forget." He just smiled.

 

They hear a car honking outside the window. The walls in their building aren't that thick so it's hard not to hear it. Sandy hugged her mom.

 

"That must be Mino. Don't worry about me mom. I'll call everyday."

 

"You better! Or else I'll have Donghae go there and drag you back here." Her mom teased.

 

"Durami and Sanghyun wanted to see you off, you know." Her mom said.

 

"They're just using me as an excuse to cut classes." She joked but she still felt touched. She started walking away before she breaks down.

 

Donghae stayed for a couple of minutes to talk to her mom. "Don't worry mom, I'll follow them just to make sure she gets there safe and I'll come back right away."

 

"Thank you." Mrs. Park said. She is holding back tears.
 

Donghae already carried the rest of her things so Sandy just sighed and walked ahead.

 

"I can carry those, you know."She told Donghae.

 

"I know." 

 

It was a comfortable silence though a bit awkward. Sandy felt secured that even if she's away and she doesn't say anything, Donghae would check up on her family.

 

"Thank you----for coming today." She said, still continuing to walk down the stairs and not looking at him.

 

"Didn't anybody tell you it's rude to not look at the person you're talking to?" She heard him say and it annoyed her a little because she knows he's right. She stopped and turned around.

 

Donghae was smiling. His smile was telling her he understands.

 

"Thank you." She told him again.

 

"You don't have to be. I know you're not ready and you're scared. I'm willing to wait. You're worth it. Now, let's keep going before the Matrix guy breaks the wall or something." He teased.

 

She laughed and followed what he said. "Let's use his first name, I'm sure his mom would appreciate it."

 

"How can you be so sure it was his mom who chose his name?" 

 

"Seriously, Donghae? Are we going to argue about who named Mino?" And just like that, she forgot all her worries.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter