Eight

What is Happiness?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It took Donghae the entire remainder of the day to pick up all the supplies that Jjangmae instructed him to. He was thankful because it gave him time to think and he has decided to apologize to Sandy.

 

"You're back already?" Jjangmae noticed.

 

"Yes, hyung. Anything else you need me to do?"

 

"Yes, actually. Please bring all the stuff you picked up to the supply room."

 

He's not sure but he thinks he saw Jjangmae smirk.

 

"O-kay."

 

"Hyung, let me help you. I don't have much left to do anyway." Jinhwan offered.

 

"Thanks man."

 

"So how is my Literature homework doing?" 

 

"I almost forgot about that. I'll ask her later after we're done with this." He gestured to their task.

 

"Thank you hyung!" Jinhwan raised both his hands and form a heart with his entire body.

 

Donghae just laughed.

 

"You came back just in time for the end of your shift, hyung."

 

"Yeah, I'm lucky I finished early. So, uhm, did Sandy mention me, or look for me at all?" 

 

"Not really. I think she was too busy with work." Jinhwan's sly reply. 

 

"I was busy too, you know." 

 

"I know, hyung. Let's hurry up so that you can ask her already."

 

Donghae and Jinhwan finished carrying the supplies to the supply room. They were both stretching their aching bodies.

 

"Hyung, noona's getting ready to go home." Jinhwan noticed.

 

"I got it! I'll talk to her, just give me time to prepare, geez!" Even though he already decided that he'd apologize, he can't help but feel a bit shy and awkward. 

 

He's thinking about how he should approach and start the conversation. Going over non cringey lines as well. "Should I just forget it?" He asked himself. He's getting dizzy with all the thinking he's doing.

 

"No, it's her last day at work and it's not going to end like this."

 

"Donghae, what are you murmuring about? Nevermind, I don't want to know. Before you go home, please drop by my office." Jjangmae ordered him.

 

"Sure, before I go home, I'll drop by your office." He was already saying the words when he realized that something is up with the manager. He is not one to boss around so this is really weird of him. Donghae just shrugged and took a deep breath, mustering up the courage to approach Sandy.

 

Sandy is thinking about tomorrow. She'll be working full time with only 1 job. It feels weird because she's gotten so used to working multiple jobs to make ends meet and it's also going to be the first time that she'll be away from her family. 

 

"Need help?" She was startled to hear Donghae's voice. He's another one of her  worries. She likes him as a friend. He's the most decent guy she's ever met and contrary to her telling everyone that she doesn't know about his feelings, she does have a little idea but she isn't sure. She doesn't want to assume because she knows that it's not going to be good for her.

 

"Hey, everything okay?" Donghae asked her, concerned.

 

"Uh--yeah. I'm okay. Thank you for the offer but I'm almost done here." 

 

"I'm sorry." Donghae whispered.

 

"..." Sandy didn't answer him.

 

"I said I'm sorry." He said a little louder this time.

 

Sandy continued teasing and pretended to ignore him.

 

"Aish, you're really not going to make this easy, are you?" 

 

She shook her head but there's a hint of a smile forming in her lips.

 

"EVERYONE, LISTEN UP!! I, DONGHAE LEE, IS APOLOGIZING TO SANDARA PARK!" He shouted.

 

Sandy looked around to see how many people are in the store. Thankfully, there were only 4 or 5 people and none of them seemed to care. She breathed a sigh of relief and turned to Donghae.

 

He just shrugged and said, "What did you expect me to do when you were ignoring me?" 

 

"Alright, alright! Let's talk later!" She threw daggers at him through her gaze.

 

He felt that she's really annoyed but he's satisfied because at least she's no longer ignoring him.

 

Donghae went to Jjangmae's office. He knocked on the door until he heard the manager invite him in.

 

"Tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter