Four

What is Happiness?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's an unusually busy day at the mart. People just seemed to continuously flow in and out. It's a good distraction for Sandy to get her mind off things. She was manning the register when the girls in line suddenly began murmuring. She felt the atmosphere change and looked up. There was a man in a suit at the end of the queue. 

 

"Is he a celebrity? He looks like one. Or maybe a businessman? His suit looks expensive." She thought.

 

"Hello? Hey Miss, are you done ringing up all my stuff?!" The customer in front of her yelled, breaking her out of her reverie.

 

"Uhm, yes. I'm sorry. That would be 150 ¥."

 

She finished ringing up all the customers and it's the man in the suit's turn. She noticed he isn't carrying anything.

 

"How can I help you?" She asked him. "Maybe he wants a cigarette." She thought.

 

"Good day, Ms. Park. I'm Mino. I was sent by my boss, Mr. Choi. Do you have a minute?" The handsome man asked her.

 

"Go ahead, Sandy. I'll take over for a while." Donghae offered. 

 

"Thank you. This won't take long." It was Mino who thanked Donghae.

 

Sandy just nodded to Donghae. She then ushered Mino to a quiet corner of the mart, where they can talk privately.

 

"I just came here to tell you that Mr. Choi would like to set an appointment with you. Are you free for dinner tonight?" 

 

When he saw that Sandy looked unsure, he added, "This is about being Ms. Choi's private tutor." 

 

"Private tutor? What about the center? He does know I'm employed at the center, right? His child goes there." She was surprised to hear the offer, it was tempting but she is the loyal kind of employee. "I wonder how much he'd pay me." She can't help thinking.

 

"I'm sorry but I don't have the liberty to discuss the details. If you are interested, you can reach me here." He gave her his calling card.

 

 

Song Mino

968-xxx-xxx

BigBang Group of Companies

 

 

"Thank you. I'll let you know as soon as I can." She said.

 

"We'll be waiting, Ms. Park." He bowed then looked at her for a few seconds before leaving.

 

"What was that stare for? Was he trying to intimidate me?"  She wondered. He looks much younger than me though, that skinny little punk.

 

"Hey, what was that about?" Donghae inquired.

 

"Nothing. You can go back now, I'll take care of the register." She said.

 

"I'll just bug her later." Donghae thought while going to the back of the store to resume carrying the supplies to their stock room.

 

 

Meanwhile, there's a parked car 1 block away from the mart....

 

 

"Did she say anything?" 

 

"She just said she'll let us know as soon as she can. To be honest sir, she looked doubtful and unconvinced about the offer." Mino informed his boss.

 

"It's okay. Let's get going." Seunghyun thought. 

 

"Yes sir." Mino then went to the passenger side and told the driver to go back to the tutoring center. He got curious why their boss went with them when they can just go and talk to the girl by themselves but then he saw Sandy. The girl is no ordinary beauty. No wonder even their cold boss is acting this way. It is known that women has a certain weakness for beautiful things but men are no different. "Looks like things will get a little interesting."

 

They arrived at the tutoring center for Seunghyun's appointment with the manager. 

 

 

--inside the center--

 

"Thank you for dropping by the center Mr. Choi." The manager thanked him.

 

"You already know the purpose of my visit. Your center has been a big help for my daughter but as you know, it's no longer safe." He didn't want to drag the conversation.

 

"Of course we understand sir. We also want our students to be safe. However, does Ms. Park really have to quit here too? She's one of our best tutors." He stated on his request that he'll be putting Sandy under his direct employ.

 

Mino interrupted and explained to the manager, "Yes, if the bad guys find out that Ms. Park is Ms. Choi's private tutor and followed her here, complications would be hard to avoid."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter