Three

What is Happiness?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It's already been a while since Donghae and Sandy went inside the apartment but she still hasn't told Hae about who the unknown caller was.

 

"Are you alright? Is something wrong?" He decided to ask her.

 

"Uhm,huh? What? Oh, no. I'm fine. Everything's fine." Her rattled reply.

 

He is not convinced at all. He'll let it go for now.

 

"Donghae, dear. I'm sorry, this is all we have." Mrs. Park apologized to him.

 

"This is more than fine maam. I love ramen as much as Sandy does." He replied. It's true, he loves ramen, that's why he was thrilled to find out that Sandy loves it just as much.

 

"Why are you apologizing ma? He should be thankful for having food at all." Sandy indignantly said.

 

"Whoa, chill dude. Why so grumpy all of a sudden?" Sanghyun asked.

 

"She's right though, food is food." He reassured them.

 

" up." Durami whispered to Sanghyun. They've only known Donghae for a few months but she can definitely see that this guy has feelings for her older sister. She likes him for her actually.

 

"What did you say?" Sandy asked her sister.

 

"I said your ramen is the best." She answered with a smiling face.

 

They ate mostly in silence, interrupted only with the occasional banter of siblings.

 

 

After they're done eating...

 

 

"It's getting late. We still have work tomorrow." Sandy said, looking at Donghae.

 

"Ah, yes. I should get going. Thank you for the meal Mrs. Park." He said his goodbyes and nodded to Durami while Sanghyun fistbumped him.

 

"Sandy will walk you out. Get home safely, dear, and do visit us often." Mrs. Park told him.

 

He smiled as a response. Deep inside, he wants to jump and celebrate. He's getting on Sandy's family's good side. This is the beginning.

 

"You brought your big bike, didn't you?" Sandy asked him while they're going down the apartment building.

 

"Yes. It was the fastest way to get here." He also found out that Sandy loves motorcycles.

 

"Drive safely, Hae."

 

His heart skipped a beat. He loves it when she says his name like that. "See you tomorrow, Dy." He then put his helmet on before starting the engine and speeding off.

 

She was going back up to their apartment when her phone notified her of an incoming text message. She opened it and smiled. The message read:

 

 

~~~~

From: Donghae

 

Thank you for the delicious dinner. Good night.

~~~~

 

 

After a few seconds, she thought, "How the hell did he send this message when he's driving?? He's gonna get it from me tomorrow!"  She may be a fan of motorbikes but she is a bigger fan of safety.

 

**Meanwhile**

 

Donghae stopped over for a few minutes to send that message. "She'll probably think I sent this while driving." He snickered.

 

 

***Back in the Park's residence***

 

 

Everyone's asleep and she's in her room now, the one she's sharing with Durami, mulling over the message she got from the unknown number earlier. It was from the tutoring center,  a heads up. Apparently, the tutoring business isn't doing well. There are online tutors as well who appeal more to most parents nowadays. In fact, if it weren't for her loyal students and outstanding performance at the center, she might have no students at all.

 

~~~~

From: 415xxxxxxx

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter