Eleven

What is Happiness?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-The Mansion-

 

It was a pleasant dinner, despite the awkwardness radiating from Sandy. Seunghyun and Jaejoong talked about business mostly.

 

"Father, I thought this is going to be just dinner, not a business meeting." It was Chaerin who broke their heated discussion about the direction that the Chinese goverment is heading towards global market monopoly.

 

Jae gave out a hearty laugh. He realized their[Seunghyun and him] mistake. 

 

"I'm sorry sweetheart. Yes, this is just dinner." He apologized before adding, "How's school?" 

 

"It's the same as usual. The director asked me to play Giselle next month." She said nonchalantly talking about her upcoming ballet performance.

 

Despite Chaerin acting bored, Sandy can see her lighten up when Seunghyun gave her all his attention. 

 

"Of course, who better to lead the play than the best prima ballerina? They'd be idiots not to offer you the role, sweetie." Pride is evident in Seunghyun's voice.

 

"Oh, I didn't know Chaerin does ballet." Jae said. He knew the eldest Choi is studying in an art school but he didn't know she did ballet.

 

"And she's splendid at it." Seunghyun supplied.

 

"Ew, ballet is boring." Minzy whispered but not too low for everybody at the table not to hear it.

 

"It's not for everyone, but it is a beautiful form of dance, right Mingkki?" Sandy jumped in. She knew if she didn't simmer down the situation, it might get ugly between the sisters.

 

"I guess." Minzy just shrugged. "Father, you promised you'd be going to MY recital." She said with indignation. 

 

"I will kitten, of course. I already made sure to reschedule all of my appointments on that day." He assured her.

 

"Now that everything is set and secured, if it's okay with you, I'd like to propose a toast." Jae offered, looking at Seunghyun, waiting for his approval.

 

"Sure, I see no problem with that. What are we toasting to?" 

 

"To your talented and beautiful daughters and to our business relationship, may all be successful." He raised his glass.

 

Sandy raised hers, Chaerin and Minzy raised their glasses with water and strawberry juice respectively and Seunghyun, raising his glass while saying, "Cheers!"

 

The dinner ended and Seunghyun and Jaejoong are now both in the veranda. "How does it feel?" Jae asked him.

 

"Can you add more details to your question?" He asked back.

 

"I mean, having 2 daughters, a family?"

 

"It's not a walk in the park but I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world." Seunghyun said, staring at his two daughters who are currently inside with Sandy.

 

"How about you Jae? When are you going to settle down? Or are you even thinking about it?" It was his turn to ask questions.

 

He thought for a minute before answering, "I will settle down eventually, I want my own blood to inherit what I've worked hard for but at the moment, it almost seems impossible, like it's not my reality." He said, also looking at the three girls inside.

 

"That's also what I thought before I had my own. Ah, the miracle that a woman can bring to your life." Seunghyun sighed.

 

"Since we're being personal now, I was always curious as to what happened with you and your wife."

 

"You should fire that P.I.(private investigator) of yours."

 

"I might not look like it, but I'm not that nosy." Jaejoong tried to convince him. He tried not to dig too much when he hired a P.I. to learn more about his business partner.

 

Seunghyun regarded him before continuing, "If a woman can bring a miracle, it's not hard to believe that they can take it back as well and mine tried. Word of advice Jae, be ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter