Forever in a Night

Couple On Cue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’m at work, and I am staring at the screen of my laptop.

We’ve been grouped to create content for special events, and as if the universe is mocking me, I’ve been assigned to the Valentines team.

It’s still months before Valentines, hell, I think it’s half-a-year before the event, but we just have to start early. Somehow, my workplace believes that it’s best to incubate ideas so they assign task too early.

I actually have no issues in being given tasks way, way, way before the deadline; actually, it’s pretty helpful in planning ahead.

But the idea of me with Valentines does not really sit well.

I’ve hated that day for the past two years – probably my second most dreaded event next to reunions. It’s the day where couples flaunt their love life, being too sweet to each other to the point that I think I’d have diabetes. It’s the day where businesses capitalize on people’s feelings. It’s the day where the world feeds the illusion that forever is a feasible concept.

It’s the day where I feel the loneliest.

I immediately closed the Chrome window where I have been searching about Valentines. My eyes are hurting from seeing too much hearts and flowers.

I looked around and noticed that my officemates are packing up. When I looked at the clock, I realized that office hours have ended. I sighed in relief and started fixing my things as well; I still have a lot to pay to Sehun but I don’t intend to work overtime for today especially when I’d be working with the idea of Valentines.

Besides, the payment for pretending to be Sehun’s girlfriend should be enough to pay my debt in time.

Speaking of the devil?

I stopped in my tracks as I spotted Sehun in front of our office. He noticed me too and waved in my direction. I immediately rushed towards him.

“Why did you not call beforehand?”

“Should you not greet me ‘hello’ for starters?” he replied.

“I would have said ‘hello’ on the phone,” I retorted.

He shrugged, “I knew you were working so I didn’t want to disturb you.”

“Did you wait for me, then?” I asked.

“Not for long,” he shook his head.

“So why are you here?”

“Fetching you,” he beamed before opening the car door for me.

I furrowed my eyebrows before saying, “I don’t believe that you’d pull this stunt just to take me home.”

“Who says we’re going to your house?” Sehun replied, “It’s my turn to show you to the places that make me happy.”

I squinted at him in a questioning manner, but he then put a hand on my back as he gave me a slight push towards the car.

“Just get in,” he said and I obliged.

He then started driving and to my surprise, he turned the radio on, to drown the white noise between us.

I stared at him, somehow uneasy, that he planned a trip because he felt miserable once more and I couldn’t help but wonder what made him hurt again.

“Are you okay?” I asked in a whisper.

“I’ve never been better,” Sehun replied and I heard nothing but honesty in his words. He glanced at me with a beam as he said, “We’ll just enjoy this night. Nothing that involves heart breaks.”

I smiled back but then, I spotted his hands on the steering wheel which still had the pink nail polish I had put on him. I teased, “Pink really looks good on you.”

“Yeah,” he rode on, “Thanks for making me realize that.”

I chuckled as I settled in my seat in a comfortable manner – maybe it’s time to forget that I am single.

 

 

Fortunately, Sehun took us to a pizza place first. He must have heard my stomach grumble during the ride. The pizza place was beyond wonderful – they even have an option where we could make our own pizza. I took the opportunity to put all the meats and the cheese that I liked plus some pineapples.

I saw Sehun staring at me with what I have created, but I said, “Hawaiian forever.”

He shook his head with a smile, “Whatever you like.”

I beamed back and happily gave the staff my personalized pizza. Sehun made his own too which was seafood flavored. We ordered some more pizza in the menu as well and we ate them all along with the ones we made. I was delighted to taste Sehun’s work, but I could only laugh at him in the way he struggled to eat my customized Hawaiian pizza.

“You could remove the pineapples and put them on my slices,” I said, “I won’t force you to eat them.”

“Why do you even like pineapple on pizza?” he grunted.

“For the record, I’m judging you too for not eating them,” I retorted.

“Well, let’s just respect each other’s choices,” Sehun said and he did as I told and transferred the pineapples to my plate.

“Don’t worry. I’m also happy that you’re giving me more pineapples,” I assured him, “But really, you’re missing the delight.”

He shook his head no and I laughed again at the disgust in his face.

I would have eaten more given that it’s all pizza, but Sehun warned me not to because he actually had more places to visit in mind, and some involved physical activity.

Thankfully, it was not wrestling but archery, but unfortunately, I don’t have experience with the sport. Sehun, as expected, was pro at it, hitting the red center of target board with all the arrows he had. I, on the other hand, sent an arrow beyond the target board which made Sehun laugh hard.

“Thanks,” I sarcastically said before grunting, “This bow is too heavy!”

He shook his head with a big smile before standing beside me. He held my arm, teaching me how to properly raise the bow. He was giving me instructions on how to shoot the arrow as well, but I couldn’t focus as I could feel how close he was too me.

I could even feel his breath fanning over my cheeks as he whispered some tips to my ears. I bit my lower lip; he was trying to support me, but he was making me weak as well.

When did Sehun started to have this effect on me?

“Are you listening?” Sehun asked.

“Huh?” I questioned back.

“I said, release,” Sehun replied.

“Release what?” I was suddenly confused.

“The arrow,” he answered.

“What? How?” I panicked; I was too distracted a while ago that I suddenly became clueless with everything.

“Let go with this hand,” Sehun said as he touched my right hand, and it sent a sudden shock that I unconsciously released the arrow.

My mouth gaped as the arrow I sent flying landed only a few inches away from the center of the target board.

“Wow,” I mumbled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter