Lonely People

Couple On Cue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was talking with my colleagues, planning what we would eat for we were about to savor our one-hour lunch break when my phone started ringing.

It was Sehun.

“What do you need?” I asked as soon as I answered the call.

“You’re assuming that I need something from you,” he stated.

“Why else would you call me then?” I questioned.

“Maybe I miss you,” he teased.

“Haha,” I faked a laugh, “Very funny.”

Sehun chuckled before saying, “I’m outside your work’s building. Come on. Let’s go out.”

Is he asking me out for lunch?

Hmmm. At least, I’d get a meal for free. That’s unless he would be making me cook.

“I only have an hour of free time,” I told him.

“No,” he replied, “You’re free for the rest of the day.”

“And what makes you say that?” I spat, “Are you my boss?”

“I’m not but I already talked to your boss,” he answered, “And I got an approval for your half-day.”

I widened my eyes and was about to argue with him some more when I bumped into my supervisor on my way out of the building. My supervisor then said that I’m free to go. I protested saying that I could work some more in the office, but my supervisor told me that our branch manager specifically instructed to dismiss me for that day.

“Are you done?” Sehun said on the other line, reminding me that the call is already ongoing, “I’m still waiting.”

“You’re unbelievable,” I mumbled before proceeding to exit the building.

However, as if his request to dismiss me for that day was not enough, Sehun had put on a greater show. I found him waiting for me, not at the parking lot but just in front of the building, his back resting on his glorious Ferrari. His one hand was holding his phone while his other hand was holding a bouquet of roses.

I looked around and saw that he was attracting too much attention – especially from the females who were gawking over him. He then waved at my direction and called my name, and everyone turned to me. Panicking at the stares I was receiving, I quickly rushed towards him.

“What are you doing?” I muttered.

“Announcing to your work that you have a boyfriend,” he chuckled.

I glared at him, “I didn’t ask for that!”

“Forgive me for being thoughtful,” he whispered, “I was just worried that you would be bothered by your officemates for being single.”’

He was right though. My officemates were also teasing my relationship status and even pairs me up with anyone who is also single. But I would not admit that to Sehun.

I looked at the red roses he was holding before scrunching up my nose.

Eventually, I sneezed.

I grabbed the bouquet from him and immediately threw it to the nearest trash bin I found.

“Hey!” Sehun complained.

I sneezed again. Then, I rubbed my nose as I explained, “I’m allergic to roses. Unless you would want to rush me in the hospital, you would never give me roses again.”

I looked at him and he stared back at me before pinching my nose.

“Yah!” I yelped.

“Come on,” he beamed before opening the car’s door for me.

“Where are we going?” I asked him.

“Wherever you want,” Sehun answered, “You can show me anything you think I’m missing out.”

Sehun paused before grinning as he added, “Be my Aladin and I’d be your Jasmine.”

I furrowed my eyebrows, “And the punchline is?”

“Show me a whole new world,” he answered, his grin becoming wider.

I chuckled before telling him, “At least you know Disney.”

I shook my head with a smile before riding his car.  He rode on the driver’s seat as well before he asked, “If this was a date, where would you want to go?”

I looked back at him, “This is a date?”

“I said ‘if’,” he retorted. He his lower lip before rephrasing his question, “If you want to be happy, where would you go?”

“I’d go to the arms of the person I love,” I stated without thinking and almost reprimanded myself for saying my thoughts out loud.

“But we can’t do that,” Sehun replied with a bitter smile, “So what’s the alternative?”

“Hmmm,” I hummed before beaming, “Arcade Center. Ice Cream House. Ramen Shop. Museums. Planetariums.”

“See?” Sehun replied, “There are others that could make you happy besides the person who broke your heart.”

 

 

When I randomly said things that make me joyful, I never knew that Sehun would make it our itinerary. We ate lunch at Ramen Nagi – which made me smile all throughout. I was saving money to pay off my debt to Sehun so I avoided my favorite place. I was so happy that Sehun was paying that I ate all I wanted.

Fortunately, our next stop was a museum, so I could walk around to ease the feeling of bloat. We went to an illusion museum that I’ve always wanted to visit, and I was amazed by the 3D art around. I was afraid that Sehun would be grumpy and I would miss all the picture-taking opportunities, but he must have been in a good mood today because he agreed in taking all my pictures.

Then, we went to an arcade center and I learned that it would be Sehun’s first time.

“I’m a rich kid but not a spoiled brat,” Sehun told me, “Having the money doesn’t mean that I could do everything I want to.”

Thus, it was no surprise that it had brought out not only the kid in his heart but also his competitive spirit. He played so much that I thought I was supervising a kid.

He didn’t want to leave the basketball game and the air hockey where he couldn’t beat me. I had to pull him to try other things because other people were already looking at us for we were hoarding the said games to ourselves.

“Why are you so good at these?” he asked.

“Because it’s not my first time,” I laughed at him.

“How many times have you been here?”

“I can’t count,” I pursed my lips as I confessed, “Jongin and I used to have so many dates at this arcade center.”

He glanced at me then questioned, “Then what do you do last before you go home?”

I beamed, “The obligatory photo booth.”

I then grabbed his arm and started pulling him to the photobooth, insisting that we should try it as well. After all, we don’t have a picture of the two of us.

“I don’t know how to do this,” Sehun grunted.

“It’s just like taking selfies,” I told him, “Look at that camera. There! It’s counting off!”

“Where?” he asked.

I posed but Sehun was too late in comprehending what I was talking about. I saw the result in the screen and I started laughing hard so both of us couldn’t notice that the timer was going off again.

We ended up with four photos – two photos of two versions.

One version was where I was posing and Sehun was just confused at the whole situation while the other one was wherein I was laughing at him while he was smiling bright as he finally figured out where the camera was.

We went to an ice cream shop next and not wasting the opportunity to eat for free, I ordered every flavor. Sehun warned me that that it would make my stomach upset but I was willing to take the risk.

Unfortunately, he was right.

I was clutching my stomach the whole ride as I kept yelling at him to go back to my apartment. When I hurried inside, I didn’t even bother looking at him as I rushed to the bathroom.

When I went out of the comfort room, I yawned and stretched my arms for it had been a long and tiring day after all.

“Is your trip to the CR successful?” a voice suddenly asked me.

I was then surprised to find Sehun still in my living room. I thought he would leave.

“Why are you wearing Jongin’s clothes again?” I asked him.

“For the record, these were the clothes that I took home with me last time and I just brought them today to give it back to you,” Sehun stated.

“But you’re wearing them,” I insisted.

“Well, I’d be changing to my clothes which you haven’t given back to me and I’d be leaving these here so technically, I’m giving back them to you,” he replied.

“That does not answer my question,” I scoffed, “Why do you even have to change? You would not stay here for the night!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter