Unspoken Development

Couple On Cue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sea is calling me. Those gorgeous hues of blue and its brilliance under the bright sun – I am drawn to them.

But here I am, stuck at the beach.

I glanced at my side to see Sehun, reading a book as a front. In truth, he was sitting beside Joohyun who was sunbathing. He did nothing but glare at everyone who was staring at the girl.

I then looked at Joohyun and her glorious body which was perfectly hugged by the red two-piece she was wearing. Her porcelain skin reflected the rays of the sun, catching the attention of the people who were passing by. No wonder Sehun’s protective side was reactivated by the number of men ogling at her leisurely.

My gaze fell back to my body and the boring pink tank top and black cycling shorts I was wearing. I’m not that confident to wear y things even at the beach but I don’t find anything wrong with that as long as I was wearing something comfortable. My top priority is ease while having fun.

But I was far from having fun right now.

I sighed, feeling so envious of the people who were laughing while swimming at the sea.

I pouted before turning to Sehun, “Are you really just going to read a book all day long?”

“Yes. I don’t see a problem with that,” Sehun answered without sparing me a glance.

“Then you should’ve been at the library, instead,” I whispered underneath my breath.

“What?” he asked.

“Nothing,” I said before standing up, dusting the sand off my legs.

“Where are you going?” Sehun asked.

“Somewhere,” I mumbled, not bothering to look back as I walked away.

I might as well look around, see some souvenirs, try some food, anything that would make this travel worth it. I’ve been stuck with Sehun the whole day, pretending to be sweet with each other because we were under scrutiny of his parents. We’ve been calling each other Hunnie and Baeby for hours. If he would not let me enjoy during our free hours, I think I need some space away from him instead.

If it was Jongin, we’d make the best out of every minute.

Urgh. Why did he cross my mind again?

I took some pictures here and there but feeling somehow disappointed that I couldn’t make someone take a picture of me. I found some souvenir stores but ended up buying only a ref magnet as I realized that I don’t have anyone close with me who would appreciate souvenirs.

Jongin’s the only one who’s a collector.

I released a breath and cursed myself for thinking of the person who was the one who threw away all these opportunities to be with me.

I must have been walking for too long for my legs started aching. Fortunately, I found some by-the-beach bar and I ordered some fruit shake to refresh. Then, a man sat beside me and I wouldn’t have paid attention to him, but he started talking to me.

“Are you alone?”

As a courtesy, I faked a smile and replied, “No. I’m with my boyfriend and his family.”

“I don’t see him with you,” he retorted.

“He’s just… occupied at the moment,” I answered, slightly furrowing my brows at the thought that Sehun could spend hours just by sitting at Joohyun’s side.

“Too bad, he’s wasting this moment to be with you,” the man beside me gave a sympathetic smile.

I almost thought it’s genuine except that I’m not stupid to not think that he’s just trying to flirt with me. I wanted to walk away, not having any energy to socialize with a stranger since I spent all of my socialization skills in front of Sehun’s parents pretending to be his girlfriend. However, my order has not even arrived yet and I already paid for it.

Oh well. I might as well let this stranger entertain me for a while.

“Well, I guess he should learn from you, Mister…” I trailed, signaling him to introduce himself.

“Jaebum,” he extended his hand.

I took it and shook hands with him as I said, “I’m Suzy.”

What’s the best thing about people with ego?

They can talk about themselves for long without even realizing it. You have to put zero effort to keep the conversation going. I was just happy that I was able to finish my fruit shake for my ears were starting to bleed from his boastfulness.

“Let me get you another drink,” he volunteered.

“No. I’m fine, I think I need to go back as well,” I answered.

“Please. I insist,” he said before grabbing my arm.

I became alert with the amount of pressure he was using,

“I’d appreciate it if you let go of me,” I firmly said.

“Sorry,” he beamed before giving me a glass of the same fruit shake, “Come on. Accompany me for just one more drink. I hate to be alone.”

But then, his statement was more of a threat than an invitation.

I gulped as I looked at the glass of fruit shake. Well, one glass would not harm right?

I bit my lower lip as I settled back on my seat, stirring the drink with the straw provided and I saw how a contented smile flashed on Jaebum’s lips.

But even before I could take a sip, the glass was taken away from me, and all its contents were poured on the ground.

“What’s your problem?!” Jaebum bellowed at Sehun.

Sehun almost slammed the glass on the bar as he answered, “You should be thanking me that I did not pour that on you.”

Before I knew it, Sehun held me by the wrist and started dragging me away.

He was walking too fast and his grip on me was too strong that I struggled to keep pace, so with full force, I retracted my hand from him, making him turn.

“Why are you so mad?” I muttered.

“He almost drugged you, Suzy!” Sehun yelled, “That drink was spiked!”

I paused but the need to retaliate burst in me, “How could you know? You were not there!”

“Oh. I arrived there earlier but you were too occupied with that guy that you failed to notice my presence!” Sehun grumbled, “Why do you even have to wander off so far away?!”

“Because you were too occupied with Joohyun as well!” I retorted, “I think you almost forgot that you brought me here!”

I was expecting for him to accuse me of being jealous, and I already had a counter-argument in hand, but instead, Sehun’s features softened. Then, he closed his eyes and slowly released a breath, as if he was trying to calm himself.

When he opened his eyes, his stare me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter