Think Of Me

Couple On Cue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I didn’t know how but I agreed to Sehun’s plan of “working at home” for the day – with the “home” referring to his condo.

We stayed in the living room, because first, I refused to be in the bedroom for the presence of the bed would be a big invitation to slack and sleep, and second, because it was nearer to his kitchen so it’s more convenient to get water and snacks every now and then.

I spent hours watching movie clips, browsing stories, searching recipes for chocolates and other desserts, ways of how to make a fake flower, flowers and their different symbols, restaurants for couples – and yet, I still couldn’t write an article for that Valentines theme.

Mainly because with everything that I search, there’s already a lot of articles written regarding that topic; I don’t think that I could add anything new.

Maybe I should try compiling jokes and memes that only those who are single understand? I could do well with such article since I’m basically writing my own sentiments plus playing with some pictures.

Unfortunately, that was already done last year.

Urgh. The day is almost ending yet I have written no words for my article. I don’t even have an idea yet.

I glanced at Sehun’s laptop and he was viewing some graphs – probably the stock market or something.

Sehun might be so used to this type of working at home scenario. Unlike me who had been constantly eating snacks and changing my position to get comfortable on the sofa, he was sitting for hours with his laptop on the table, and his back resting on the sofa’s side. He was just getting up to eat meals, drink water, or get coffee.

He was so focused with the pile of documents in front of him. I think I’m pitying his laptop now for it did not get any rest from any work-related stuff.

I looked at the screen of my laptop and found the blank Word document with the blinking cursor.

Writer’s block is frustrating.

I let out a rather long and heavy sigh that caught Sehun’s attention.

“Tired?” he asked, “You can sleep if you want to. Just tell me what time I should wake you up.”

“I haven’t even done anything yet,” I told him.

“You looked so busy though,” Sehun replied.

“Yeah, but I got nothing worth writing,” I rambled.

“Sorry,” he mumbled, “Maybe working at home was a wrong idea.”

I squinted at him and finally asked, “Why did you even think of this?”

“I sometimes do this. I thought you do too, as a writer,” Sehun answered, “So I figured that let’s just be together for these types of scenarios.”

“What? You thought I’d make you more productive?” I teased.

“No. I just know that things are better when I’m with you,” Sehun answered so nonchalantly, as if his words did not sound like an attack to my heart. Then he added, “But I’m sorry that this might have proved counterproductive for you.”

“Well, I could actually be productive at home too,” I told him, “But maybe I’m just stuck with the topic at hand.”

“Which is Valentines,” Sehun stated.

“Which is the only celebration I wish I could cancel,” I added. I complained, “How can I sell something that I hate?”

He suggested, “But you used to like Valentines. Try to remember the happy moments.”

I suggested that to myself before but did not want to proceed because I knew I would be going over some memories that I think I’m still not ready to reminisce.

I released another breath – this time, a sigh of defeat as I painfully accepted that I really need to revisit my Valentine’s memories. I closed my eyes as I replayed some images at the back of my head.

Sehun was right. I loved Valentines.

Mainly because of Jongin.

Jongin was a sweet and warm person and who made Valentine celebrations simple yet magical.

We could always find ways to make things economically efficient – the most important thing was spending it together.

“Sehun, I got it!” I exclaimed.

“What?” he spared a glance towards me.

“Jongin and I used to spend Valentines with around a $50 budget,” I started then I beamed as I said, “I’d write about the $50 date.”

Sehun then closed his laptop and stood up.

“Where are you going?” I asked as I furrowed my eyebrows.

“How would you write it? Would you write it from memory?” Sehun asked back.

“I can ask Jongin – “ I began but was immediately interrupted.

“No way,” Sehun shook his head, “Come on. Let’s try if your idea is still feasible.”

 

 

I brought Sehun to the cheap restaurants that Jongin and I had been, in order to check if the prices are still low and if the tastes were still worth it. I took some pictures and some notes as well. We didn’t eat much though, in order to make sure that we can taste some more.

However, in our third restaurant, Sehun already looked disinterested.

“You okay?” I asked him.

“Yeah,” he mumbled, snapping out of the trance he was in.

“You don’t look like you’re enjoying this,” I stated.

“I don’t feel like I’m with you right now,” Sehun ambiguously stated.

“What do you mean?” I exclaimed, raising my eyebrows in confusion.

“Same food. Same restaurant. You’re just reliving your moment with Jongin except that I’m the man you are with now,” Sehun explained, “But I wanted something that’s uniquely ours.”

Ours.

Sehun already thinks of the concept of ‘you and me.’

I thought pain had hardened my heart enough, but only some words, and now, it’s melting again. I couldn’t help but smile at him.

“What do you want to do then?” I asked.

“Let’s have our own $50 date,” Sehun suggested, “Let’s create some memories of our own.”

“Anything you want to try then?” I questioned.

“Street food,” Sehun beamed so brightly and it was obvious enough that just the thought of it excites him.

With hand holding his, I took him out of that restaurant and brought him to the busier and crowdier parts of the place. It didn’t even take long before we found a street full of foodstalls.

I can already feel my mouth watering. Too excited, we immediately tried out t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter