Start of Something New

Couple On Cue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I released a breath as I successfully transferred a hefty sum of money to my brother’s account for his tuition fee. There goes months of hard work. I really ought to kill him if he does not prioritize his studies. I then dialed his number to inform him of the transfer and as expected, he was venerating me in glee.

“I love you, noona.”

“Ha,” I exclaimed, “I only hear those words every 15th and 30th of the month.”

He gave a chuckle which I mirrored until it faded into silence. He then asked, “Are you okay?”

I furrowed my eyebrows, “Why would I not be okay?”

“Nothing,” he answered, “Just making sure you’re in good health. You are my favorite sister after all.”

“I’m your only sister, Sangmoon,” I grunted, “I’m ending this call. I can’t tolerate your mushiness longer.”

I then arrived at my apartment and I furrowed my brows once I spotted a figure waiting for me at the door. As she found me approaching her, Soojung waved her hands in my direction, with a smile decorating her otherwise cold countenance. I looked at her from head to toe. She was wearing skirt jeans and an off-shoulder white blouse. Soojung would always dress up like a doll and her figure was enough to make her pretty in any clothes she would wear.

“Why are you here?” I asked her before opening the door.

“Visiting you,” she simply answered before welcoming herself.

“I thought you are busy meeting your Tinder dates,” I retorted.

She smirked before replying, “I make time for my bestfriend.”

I rolled my eyes and I then realized what she was trying to hint. I sighed, “I don’t want to go out, Soojung.”

“Oh come on, Suz,” Soojung exclaimed, “You should also learn how to spend for yourself. Look at you! You’re recycling the same clothes for a year!”

“Sangmoon needs money for college,” I argued.

“I’m not telling you to make him stop going to school,” Soojung replied, “I just want you to spoil yourself a little. Go out. Have fun. Meet some boys.”

“Meet some boys,” I repeated her words before scoffing, “Soojung, I don’t need a boy – “

“I’m not saying that you should commit! Just some casual dating would do! Spice up your life a little, would you?”

“I’d rather avoid headaches,” I said as I presented her a glass of juice.

Soojung then said, “Sulli sent invitations for her wedding and I swear that you wouldn’t want to go there alone. All eyes would be on you.”

“Why would all eyes be on me? I’m not the bride,” I scowled.

“That’s the point,” Soojung widened her eyes on me, “Your high school rival is getting married to a rich model. So how’s the valedictorian doing?”

I pinch the bridge of my nose and uttered, “Maybe I’m not going.”

“Now, that’s admitting defeat.”

“Then what do you want me to do?”

“Find. A. New. Boyfriend,” Soojung emphasized every word and when I grunted in return, she added, “Come on. Even Jongin found a new girl.”

With the mention of a name too familiar, I looked back at Soojung and said, “What?”

“Jongin’s got a new girlfriend?” Soojung whispered, slowly, as if gauging how each word would paint my expression. Upon realizing that I didn’t have a clue, she expressed, “Oops. I thought you knew.”

I massaged the temples of my head. Now, that’s why Sangmoon was asking if I was okay and that’s why Soojung is here pestering me to get a boyfriend.

Soojung then inched closer towards me and said, “Suz, it’s been two years since you and Jongin broke up. It’s time for you to get someone new.”

I beamed at her and said, “Soojung, I don’t need to get a guy just so I can have someone to flaunt in Sulli’s wedding nor do I need a guy just to get even with Jongin. I’m not in a competition with him on who’s moved on faster.”

“I didn’t say that,” she defended.

I just shook my head with a smile and said, “That new guy would come along, in time.”

“Hopefully,” she added, “Or else you’d become an old lady with cats.”

“That won’t happen,” I answered with a smile playing on my lips, “I’m allergic to cats, you know.”

Soojung chuckled, “What I’m saying is sometimes, waiting is not enough. You also have to find love yourself.”

 

 

I was able to successfully drive Soojung out of my apartment that Friday night, but then, I found myself digging my grave into misery. I checked Jongin’s account, and there it was, his picture with his new girlfriend.

They’re Instagram Official.

I turned in my bed and clicked the link account of the girl.

Kang Seulgi.

Judging from her account, she knew ballet, aerial hoop, and pole dancing. She had all the finesse that Jongin wants in a girl. Plus the monolids. Not too tall as well. She has all the characteristics of Jongin’s ideal girl.

I threw my phone over my head and screamed at my pillows.

Two years had already passed by but one pict

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter