Classes

simple love

Image by me.

We slid into my Kia comfortably and I started the engine. It was freezing outside, and my fingertips were turning red. I turned my head to meet his gaze.

"I hate the winter." I said pouting. I breathed out a puff of air through my nose.; the cold turning the breath to a winter smoke before our faces. He did the same; eyes wide and his faced squished up like he was angry or something.

"You look like a dragon." I said giggling. He nodded and turned the radio on and the music up, silencing our small talk.

We drove out of the parking garage through the gate and onto the road. There was a thin dusting of snow on the road and the trees had icicles hanging down from their thin, leafless branches. We sat in silence for a few minutes, me looking through the windshield, him staring out the window. Finally I broke the silence.

"So about this party... If I'm going, I'm gonna need some new clothes." He looked at me observing the outfit I had on.

"As long as you don't wear that, you're fine."

My sense of style is kind of off. I'm never sure what to wear, so I just throw something together. It usually ends up being a baggy t-shirt and a pair of leggings or something. It's not like I'm trying to hide what little curves I had, but I don't want to look like the neighborhood either.

I turned the car into the parking lot close the where our classes were and parked. We got out of the car and walked together to our destination. We passed the campus' library and the theater house before turning right to the street the arts building was on.

He opened the glass door for me and we entered the large brick building.It was roomy, there were at least 25 classrooms and a cafe hidden inside. We parted ways and went into each of our classrooms, I went to my music education class and he went to his communications class.












I opened the door quietly and spotted Bom sitting in the fourth row towards the middle of the room. I climbed the many stairs of the lecture hall and slipped in next to her, taking my coat off and draping it over the back of my chair. The class had already started so I was trying to be as quiet as possible. Bom looked at me and smiled, her eyes forming crescents. I looked at her and returned the smile, taking in her beautiful features.

I'm pretty envious of her actually. She has straight flowing fire-red hair that goes down past her chest with bangs that hit just above her big and innocent looking deep brown eyes. She has long eyelashes, and always wears pretty thick eyeliner. Her nose is small and she always has a big smile whenever she is around friends.

We actually didn't start out as friends in high school, we were what you called "frenemies". I would hang out with Jiyong and would sometimes see his best guy friend Choi Seung Hyun. He was actually a bit pudgy back then, but as he thinned out, girls noticed him more. Girls like Park Bom. She got very jealous of me because Seung Hyun, or TOP as we call him, got closer as the three of us (Jiyong, me, and TOP) hung out more regularly. But I didn't like TOP that way, so I let her know this and she and TOP started dating and still are to this day. All four of us hung out together and Bom and I became best friends. Us four still see each other every day since we all go to Seoul U.

"Annyeong, how was your morning?" She glanced at me while taking notes from what the teacher was saying.

I sighed. "It was good, Ji convinced me to go to TOP's frat party... Aish, I can't ever say no to him."

She clapped her hands silently and a wide grin spread on her face. "I've had my eye on this perfect dress for you! Lets go today to get it, arasso?" She whispered.

"So you knew I was going to say yes, even before I did?" I asked, pretending to take notes in my notebook.

"Of course you were going to say yes, you know you can't resist whenever he asks you to do something with him."

It was true... Jiyong had some special, magical power over me where me trying to say no is hopeless. He has that same power over most girls though, I'm nothing special. Did I mention earlier that he's a playboy? Yeah, he likes to fool around with girls then dump them the next day. Pretty heartless right? Good thing I don't ever see that side of him!

I stopped talking and turned my attention to the teacher, trying my hardest to pay attention to whatever he was blabbing about today.












After what seemed like hours, the class finished and Bom and I packed up our things to go to the cafe. We sat our stuff at our usual table and got in the food line to pass time while we waited for Jiyong and TOP to arrive. I ordered my favorite food on the menu- ramen, while Bom ordered corn on the cob.



"Really Bom? I think you're finally addicted." I said laughing at her.

"Well, it's good..." Her words were cut off when a tall figure with piercing eyes came up from behind and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Tabi!" she squealed, hugging him. Her smile turned into a smirk and I felt a pair of hands wrap around my waist. I turned around and saw Jiyong, a sly grin on his face.

"Yah!" I screamed, pulling his death grip off of me. This didn't work unfortunately for me, and he only tightened his hands around my waist, pulling me into a hug. I flailed about, trying to get him to stop. Finally, he pulled away smiling brightly.

"What's all this about now?" I asked, seeing TOP and Bom walking back to the table out of the corner out of my eye to leave us alone.

"Nothing... don't I always do this?" he replied, giving me an innocent look.

"It's either you need something, or you are really frisky today..." I said, raising my eyebrows at him. He only acts this friendly around me if he wants money, or me to do him a favor.

"Well, I need a favor. There's this girl, and," I cut him off before he went any further.

"Oh no. I'm not doing that again, even if you payed me a million bucks." I pushed past him towards the table and he rushed to catch up with me. I slammed my tray down on the table, catching the attention of the two lovebirds seated across from me. I sat down and shoveled the ramen in my mouth

The reason why I was pissed was because the last time he asked me to do a favor for him that involved a girl, I ended up getting slapped across the face, and worse, she called me a 'disgraceful that shouldn't be doing a man's dirty work for him'. Yes, I broke up with a girl for Jiyong. Aish, the things I'll do for him, I must be crazy!

"Dara-ah, please, just this once. I'll never ask you to do this again, I swear on Gaho's life." I choked on my ramen, and reached for the nearest napkin to wipe my mouth. He chuckled. I swung around to meet his eyes, giving him the best death stare I could muster up.

"No. I already broke down once today and said yes to go to that stupid frat party, I'm not doing it again. And I mean it this time." I spat. This time I would hold my ground and not give in to his playboy intentions. No matter what it took.

TOP and Bom just looked at me while I shoved another spoon full of ramen into my mouth. Jiyong sat down quietly and didn't take his eyes off me.

"I mean I don't know why you're shocked at me saying this. You know what happened last time I broke up with a girl for you. I'm not doing it again." I felt the 'alien couple' as we call them staring at me. I glanced up at them and they continued eating, avoiding my gaze.

"What if I told you it was someone you really hate and you could be as mean and ruthless to them as you wanted." he replied. I thought to myself. This could be fun. But who was it that he knew I really hated? Hmm... well he was with Jessica before, and I didn't like that Tiffany girl's annoying little snicker. Then there was that other girl with the big lips, what was her name?

"It's Kiko." he said with a straightforward look on his face.











Annyeong! Thanks to my new subscribers- I hope you enjoy the story! And to everyone else, a big thank you as well! Until next time!
Pixel Icons~xoxemily