School

simple love

The months had passed since my Eomma had died, the funeral that month was a sort of closure for me. It helped me reflect and move on and never forget those memories we had in the past, but know that I could now go on with life not having to mourn anymore. Jiyong had taken care of me the whole time, never once complaining, and for that I was truly grateful. 

 

It was now time for me to return to school after my long vacation, and I was ready to make a new start and learn so I could soon graduate. On the first day back, I woke up, got ready, and ate breakfast with Jiyong.  Over this long period of time spent in the house alone together we talked about everything, and learned more and more about each other everyday. Our bond grew, as well as our relationship. We got more intimate with one another as well, not realizing that it came naturally between the two of us.  As we finished breakfast I walked to the sink to wash the dishes. He wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me from behind before pulling away and rubbing his hand up and down my back.  

 

"Ji, please stop. We need to leave..." I stood there getting wrapped up in the moment, oblivious that he had already spun me around so we were face to face, our noses touching. We hadn't kissed on the lips yet, and to be honest, I was nervous. I had only kissed one other guy before, Jaejoong, and I was still innocent when it came to kissing. Plus I wanted our first real kiss to be magical and special, like something out of a fairytale. I pulled away. He leaned in for more. I dodged his lips, he held my hands down against the countertop.  

 

"Yah! Kwon Jiyong!" I shoved him away now.

 

"You're not ready yet?." he asked, looking hurt.

 

"Well I guess I'm not. Mianhe." I pushed past him to my room and sat on my bed. He came in and sat beside me. I got up and walked to the bathroom. Before I could close the door on him, he slipped inside with me and leaned against it, blocking my only escape. I turned to the cabinet above the sink and opened it, feeling nervous of what he would do next. I know he wouldn't take advantage of me or anything, but being confined to a small space like this, who knows what he would do. I closed the cabinet but didn't allow my eyes to meet his piercing gaze. I turned my head away, but this only made him pull me closer to him so our noses almost touched. I backed up  slowly and hit a dead end when my back slammed up against the shower door. There was no escaping him now.

 

"Why..."  Gulp. 

 

"W-why are you being like this all of a sudden?" I asked, avoiding his piercing gaze. 

 

"I don't know. Maybe I'm going crazy from being pent up in this house with you the past few weeks." he whispered, the heat of his breath making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. He looked me up and down from my bunny slippers to the hair tied up in a bun on the top of my head. Who knew he could be attracted to me when I dressed like a second grader most of the time? I was cute, but he usually went for the bigger eyed, long haired, ditzy types who dressed revealingly. 

 

He tilted his head and lessened the gap between our lips and I closed my eyes, preparing myself for the worst. Well kissing a him wouldn't be bad but I didn't want it to happen here like this. Plus I'm not even sure if I want to kiss him. I wouldn't want it to ruin our friendship.

 

My face squished together as I got a nose full of his scent. It was very musky and extremely y, but also gave a sense of calmness, it wasn't too strong, nor too light. It was almost heavenly. As I thought about this, I smiled, and almost giggled to myself with happiness that we are going to kiss. 

 

But I was shocked when he stopped about 2 centimeters away from my closed lips. I peeked; with one eye slightly open, and all I saw was his goofy face staring back at me. He chuckled and backed up away from me.

 

"Yah! Kwon Jiyong, what's wrong with you? Trying to take advantage of an innocent girl like me." I frowned; an eager attempt to wipe away that grin that had been forming on my face. He ran his fingers through his hair and turned to leave. 

 

"Taking advantage. Hah, we both know you wanted to kiss me." he stated confidently. I rolled my eyes and gave him a final push out the door before closing and locking it. Phew, my heart was beating quickly, like a ticking clock. What was wrong with me? I don't usually act like this around him... I really need to raise my guard, because with that little action, I had forgotten all of the reasons why Jiyong and I can't have that kind of relationship.

 

I blew a phew fallen hairs out of my face and got ready. I decided to dress fancier, so I wore a tight black knit skirt  that hugged my thighs (and , kekekeke), with a cream cardigan and printed scarf. My hair flowed down past my shoulders in deep waves, and I wore some mascara and winged eyeliner. I usually don't dress like this, but the first day back was an exception.

 

I left the bathroom and waited for Jiyong in the living room. In the meantime I glanced at my phone and saw a few messages from Bom telling me to hurry and get back to school because she missed me. In excitement, I rushed to Ji's bedroom door and pounded for him to let me in.  "

 

Yah! What's all the noise for?" he asked, annoyed at the constant banging. The door swung open to reveal a nicely dressed Jiyong, looking very handsome I may add. We looked each other over before I told him what was going on. 

 

"What's the occasion?" I said, secretly implying that he looked handsome. He smirked and eyed my outfit.

 

"Your skirt is a little too tight, darling." He pinched my cheek and I felt my face getting red. So much for him acting all cute and sweet.

 

"Let's go." I said sighing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We left for class and drove to the campus in record time, both of us excited to be back. I parked the car and got out before linking arms with Jiyong as always as we strolled to the art building. Despite his previous comments, I always end up forgiving him anyway.

 

We met up with TOP and Bom who were both excited to see us. The older Park sister (did I mention we have the same last name, we like to joke that we're sisters) encircled me in a hug and squeezed so tight I thought my eyeballs would pop out of their sockets. She pulled away for a moment and smiled genuinely. She pet my head and I watched a single tear escape her heavily lined eye and slide down her cheek.

 

"Omo." she whispered, before wiping the tears off her face.

 

"I'm so glad you're back." Although she wore a sad smile on her face, she truly meant what she had said. After parting from the boys, Bom and I went to class. She opened the door to the lecture hall and we climbed the stairs to sit down. I noticed she was staring at me as I led the way, so I spoke up.

 

"Is there anything wrong Bommie?" I whispered, smoothing my skirt after we sat. 

 

"You look totally hot today Dara, are you dressing for someone special?" she raised her eyebrows while getting out a pen and notebook.

 

"Bommie! Ani...just the first day back that's all." I giggled at her remark.

 

"You're sure gonna make Jiyong jealous with all those guys staring at you." she said glancing around at the other students sitting nearby.

 

"Jiyong? Kekeke, he'd never be jealous for me. I don't compare to those girls he's liked before. They really dressed... you know... revealingly." We were trying to whisper, but I heard someone shush me, so we ended our conversation. As I scribbled notes on my paper, I thought back to Jiyong trying to kiss me earlier, and decided to keep those details to myself. Who knows what Bommie would say if I spilled the beans about that.

 

I folded my arms over my chest and looked around the room at my classmates to make sure no one was staring. They weren't. I doodled a bit, got out some gum to chew, and did almost everything but pay attention to the teacher.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As soon as class was over, we met up with the two boys and ate lunch together. We casually chatted together about nothing important until something was said out of the blue.

 

"I saw those guys staring Ssantokki." Jiyong mumbled, almost inaudible.

 

"Eh?" I said with a mouth full of udon noodles. I sat down my chopsticks before picking up a napkin and patting my mouth clean. 

 

"Last time I looked, no one was staring at me except for you staring at my as I walked to class earlier." I retorted, rolling my eyes while I remembered him checking me out earlier.

 

He chuckled. "Yes, it's true. I was looking at your . I noticed how tiny that skirt was on you and wondered when you started dressing like the other girls around here."  I scoffed and turned my head to glare at him. 

 

"Again, Ji? Well I've been wondering since when you've felt the need to complain about the way I dress. Huh? Because I can wear whatever I want thank you very much." I stood up and lingered for a second before putting on my coat and grabbing my bag.

 

Not a word was said by all three of them so I picked up the rest of my food preparing to throw it away and leave.  I couldn't believe how unreasonable he was being! I don't need him to tell me what and what not to wear. Plus... I sort of wore it for him because I thought it was a nice change from the baggy sweatpants and old t-shirts I've been wearing for the past month. 

 

I felt a hand grip around my wrist to keep me from walking out, and I looked down to see an innocent looking Jiyong staring right back at me. He yanked my arm down and I reluctantly fell into the seat next to him in a huff. 

 

"Yah. You look fine ok? Aish, really." he rolled his eyes like I did something wrong and finished his food. TOP and Bom just ate quietly, occasionally stealing glances at each other.  I sat back in my chair and waited for them to finish their meal, stealing brief glances towards Jiyong.

 

I swear, I've known him for so long, and yet some days the things he does make me feel like he's a stranger. He'll act all sweet and innocent, then with a flip of a switch he's cold and rude to me. He aggravates the Hell out of me, and yet I always end up forgiving him about ten seconds later. Some days I can't figure out if thats a good thing or a bad thing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Well, I won't give any excuses of why I haven't updated for almost two months now, so I guess all I have to say is sorry. I honestly felt like this story wasn't going anywhere, but I am really trying to get new ideas and write more to get over this writers block I have. As always, please enjoy, and sorry again for being a bad author and not updating for so long. Thanks for supporting me and subscribing. The comments really mean a lot as well. -xoxemily fimdepostmsxx2.gif