Eomma

simple love

"Eomma, who's there?" the voice said.

"Oh no one honey, go back inside." she said, her voice wavering. She looked so much different from when I saw her last... And that little kid, who could that be?

Little hands wrapped around her leg as the boy hid from me. I peeked around before he disappeared, seeing his short black hair and smooth, round face. He was adorable.

I straightened myself and cleared my throat. Before I could say anything she cut in.

"What do you want? As you can see I'm a little busy here, so can we hurry this up?" she leaned against the doorframe; a bored look on her face.

"I... I..." I was at a loss for words.

Jiyong was right, she looked miserable! But not for the reasons he thought she would be. How was I supposed to be rude to a mother of a baby like this? Especially with him lurking behind her hearing every word I can say? This wasn't going to be as fun as I hoped...

"Sorry, but I don't have all day." she said, frowning.

"I was just dropping by to ask if... you would like to buy some chocolate. I, I'm selling it as a fundraiser for class and I need as many orders as I can get." I lied. Wow I was pretty good at lying to this girl! Hopefully Ji wouldn't be too mad that I couldn't break up with her this time.

I studied her expression. It changed from slightly pissed to kind of mellow.

"Eomma! Please may I have some chocolate?" the little boy pleaded. We both looked at him while he stood there.

"Oh, um well sure. I guess. Do you have a catalogue or something?" she asked, buying what I was saying.

"Yeah, it's in the car, I'll go get it." I replied flashing a fake smile and backing up slowly to leave.

"Ok thank you. What kind do you want Hyun-Soo?" she ruffled the boys hair and closed the door.

I made a run for Jiyong and didn't look back.











 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I promised to tell Jiyong everything as soon as we got home. I myself was still trying to soak it all in. Since when did she have a son? And who was the father?

Before I told him anything, I asked him a question that I had just now thought of. We sat on the couch together; cross-legged and face to face.

"Ji, when was the last time I saw Kiko?" I asked, knowing very well when I had seen her last.

He blew out a breath he had been holding in before answering.

"Aigoo, I don't know." he wracked his brain for the answer. I sat and watched him wide-eyed, listening attentively.

"Maybe a little less than a year ago, like five or so months I guess." he gave an honest answer.

I knew my theory was really unreasonable, there wasn't enough time for her to have a little toddler that old already. I mean if Jiyong was the father, She would still be pregnant right? Aigoo, I'm not knowledgeable about these things.

I put my hand on his knee as he leaned in ready for me to spill the story. I chuckled.

"You're not going to believe this." I said not wanting to continue. I touched my index fingers together ET style.

"What? Come on just tell me!" he pulled my hands down from in front of my face and held onto them.

"Ok ok. Well, when I knocked and she opened the door she looked completely stressed. Her hair was all tangled, and her eye circles were super dark." I began, letting him in on every detail.

"But the funniest part was..." I stopped to giggle.

"The funniest part was she had a kid!" I laughed, expecting him to join in too.

He sat there with an expressionless face. Our hands escaped from each other and he stared at me in disbelief.

"What do you mean she had a kid?" he asked, the information I had just relayed to him sinking in.

"Well when she opened the door, a little kid was clinging on to her legs for dear life. He was pretty cute though." I said.

"Oh. This kid, how old was he?"

"Well you see I was so taken aback I didn't ask... All I heard was his name was Soo something... Aish I forget."

"You don't think he, you know, could be..." I understood what he was getting at so I interrupted him.

"No, Ji I I don't think so. He was too old. But I hope this is your little wakeup call or something and you'll stop doing this with girls you don't even love." I added standing up.

I walked over to the kitchen to start making dinner. All this drama made me hungry!

"How do you know I didn't love her?" he asked, following me like a lost puppy.

"Hah! The only women you've ever loved is your Eomma." I chuckled.

"That's not true." he said as he stuck his tongue out at me.

I turned to face him. "Oh yeah? Then name one girl you have cared for other than your Eomma in your life. Ten thousand won says you can't think of any."
I returned to the counter to make some kimchi fried rice for dinner as he contemplated my question.

"Ok got it." he said with confidence.

"Uh huh, and who is the lucky lady that is loved by the great Kwon Jiyong?" I smirked, knowing I'd be ten thousand won richer by the end of the night.

With a straight face he answered.

"You."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter! Please comment and subscribe if you want to, it would mean a lot to me... and friend me because I don't bite! Kekekeke

Kamsahamnida! Pixel Icons~xoxemily