Morning

simple love

Image by me.

I sat down on the couch next to him, a bowl of cereal in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other. I handed him the coffee and crossed my legs under me.
"I'm not going, Jiyong. And that's the last time I'm saying it." I said with a sigh before shoving a spoonful of lucky charms into my mouth.
He glanced at me and rolled his eyes.
"Come on, your being impossible. It's just a frat party. It's not like you've never been to one..." He said, sipping his hazelnut flavored coffee.
I looked down and sat my bowl  on the coffee table in front of us.
"Well..." I said quietly, avoiding his gaze.
He chuckled, still staring at me. "Still the innocent Ssantokki I've known since we met." he said using my nickname.

Jiyong and I have known each other since freshmen year of highschool when we had a few classes together. I was a bookworm, straight A student back then. I like to think I've loosened up a bit over the years, but he thinks otherwise. Ever since then, we've been unsepprable. Some people think it's strange how a girl and a guy like us can JUST be friends... But we don't think it's strange at all. I wouldn't say we have a sibling type relationship, but we aren't dating or anything. It's somewhere in between.

 

"Ok fine I'll go... Only if you'll stop leaving the toilet seat up all the time." I mumbled that last part.

I mean is it too much to ask a guy to put the toilet seat down when their finished? Oh and did I mention we live together in the same apartment? We're in our second year of college at Seoul university in South Korea. He's a communications major and I'm a musical theater major. I really like our college, it has a very homey atmosphere and aish... where was I? Oh right the party situation.
 

"I don't know why I'm asking you... I have tons of other girls I could ask, theres Tiffany... And Sohee..." he said, counting the list of girls he knew with his fingers.

Jiyong can be a bit of a playboy sometimes, as you'll find out later on. Well I guess he didn't hear me when I said yes...

"Yah! I said I'll go alright?! Aigoo..." I yelled nudging him in the ribs. We both smiled at each other before returning to breakfast. I finished my cereal and walked over to the sink. I put the bowl in the dishwasher and turned around, leaning on the countertop. He looked over at me chuckling.
 

"What? Am I that funny to look at?" I said, pouting. He stood up with his empty coffee mug and walked over to the dishwasher.
 

"Aniyo, you're just funny looking." he said with a small grin on his face.

"Yah! Why should I go with you to that stupid party if all you're gonna do is tease me?" I crossed my arms over my chest.
 

He strode past me towards the bathroom and looked back. "Ok then I'll just keep the toilet seat up from now on." he winked before heading inside the bathroom. I just rolled my eyes and went down the hallway to my room.

Our apartment is very small. There is a living room right when you walk in, a kitchen to your left, and a small hallway with mine and Jiyongs rooms and a bathroom that we share.

I tripped over something just outside my door and looked down to see what it was. In front of my eyes was a small brown box marked trash. As soon as I realized what it was I kicked it out of my way and entered my room.  I frowned; I thought Jiyong had thrown it away for me.

That box held a lot of good memories as well as bad ones. It held pictures of my ex-boyfriend, Jaejoong, and some things he had given me. The past few weeks after the breakup have been hard on me because I thought I had lost my first love. I'd rather not talk about what happened in the days leading up to our breakup but let's just say I should be happy that I left that douchebag cheater of a boyfriend.  Luckily I had Jiyong and my other best friend Bom to help me through this mess when I needed someone.

I quickly got changed into an oversized t-shirt, a pair of skinny jeans, and my favorite pair of Adidas shoes with the wings on them. I pulled my hair into the apple style and stared at myself through the mirror.

What made Jaejoong not like me anymore? Sure I wasn't the curviest girl in the world, but I had a fresh face and a lot of love to offer.  

I went back out to the living room and opened the curtains to our sliding glass doors that led to the balcony to let some light in. I sighed and sat on the small but comfortable couch and waited for Jiyong to finish getting ready. I closed my eyes and tried to get Jaejoong out  of my head when I heard the bathroom door click open. Jiyong emerged wearing jeans and a white t-shirt.

I'll never tell him this but he is the only guy I know that can make something so simple look so good. Yes I'll admit it, he is very attractive! He has bleach blonde hair that he sticks up off his head, and beautiful brown eyes. Well I'm getting carried away now so back to the story.
 

Jiyong saw the pain on my face and realized something was wrong so he sat down next to me and stared at me.
 

"Dara-ah, why is your face all squished up like you ate something sour?" he asked, running his fingers through my hair.
 

"I saw the box with our pictures and I thought of you-know-who and it sort of ruined my morning." I leaned my head on his shoulder frowning.
 

"Why Ji? Why did he have to go behind my back with some ? Is there something wrong with me?! Am I not pretty enough?" I said hitting him on the arm every time I asked a question.
 

"Ow! Just because your frustrated doesn't mean you have to take it out on me! Besides, he was the one who had something wrong with him. He was too stupid to realize he had a perfect girl right in front of him."
 

I lifted my head off his shoulder and looked up. His brown orbs stared a whole through my deep brown eyes. I smiled and hit him on the arm.

"Yah! what was that for? I thought that was a pretty good pep talk!" he said frowning and rubbing where I punched him.
 

"That's for not throwing away that nasty old box outside of my room earlier." I said with a smirk.
 

"Arasso, I will take care of it your highness, and is there anything else you would like your butler to do today?" he said standing up and bowing before me.
 

"Come on Ji stop, we're gonna be late to class." I said standing up. I walked over to the front door, picking up the keys to my car off the table. He strode over to me and tried to put on my coat for me. I stepped back and hit him on the arm again. He just smiled and put his coat and shoes on.
 

"Lets go your highness, the chariot awaits." I linked my arm around his and we left the apartment with goofy grins on our faces.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well I don't know if I'm good at this so comments are welcomed! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter and sorry if it was really boring and short!
Kamsahamnida! Pixel Icons~xoxemily