It's Still The Only Day One

My Seven Roommates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I finally got settled in. i sat on the edge of my bed, my stomach let out a grumble. I looked at the clock sitting on the desk, it read 9 o’clock. I thought to myself, ‘What am I going to eat?’ I let out a sigh. Walking to the house earlier today, I didn't notice any restaurants in walking distance but there was a convenience store down the road.

 

I got up and headed towards the door. Before opening the door I could hear a some music, someone playing the piano, but it was so soft it was kind of hard to hear because the room is mostly soundproof. Once, I finally opened the door my room filled with music.

 

I walked towards the sound to see who was playing. I notice whoever was playing kept playing the same repetition. I peaked around the corner to find the blue haired boy sitting at the piano but he seemed frustrated. He pounded his fists on the keys and stood up in frustrated. He headed to the kitchen.

 

I snuck over to the piano to see what he was doing. A music sheet sitting on the stand was filled with scribbles, obviously he was trying to write a song but was having trouble with a part. I took a seat on the bench and started playing the song but added my own twist to a couple of parts.

 

“What are you doing?” A voice came from the other side of the room.

 

The voice scared me making me hit the wrong keys and making a very unpleasant sound. I looked over to where the voice came from. There stood the boy leaning up against the door frame that lead into the kitchen area, he was holding a glass of water.

 

“Uh, uh,” I stumbled over my words. “I… just… I… uh… I wanted to know what you were working on.” I dropped my head, “I’m sorry.”

 

He started walking towards me.“Play it again,” He demanded. He placed the glass down on the floor and grabbed a blank music sheet and pen.

 

I stared up at him wide eyed in confusion and shock.

 

“Go.”

 

I looked back down at the piano and started to play. I was so tense and nervous that the music didn't flow the same as it did earlier and he was picking that up.

 

“Relax, drop your shoulders, let your fingers do what they want and flow.” He said softly. “Breathe. Don’t over think.”

 

I paused and took in a breath before starting back at the beginning. I got out of my head, and let things go while reading the music that was in front of me but doing what I did before. I would look over at him time to time, he was watching my hands and writing down the notes I was playing. I felt like I was back at my piano lessons when I was 6.

 

I was always told that I had a natural talent and could of became a protege if my parents had the time and money, which was the main problem, to have me pursue it. It was for the best though, I’ve seen proteges before and it’s just disgusting how some of the kids and, especially, the parents acted towards one another. I’m just glad I wasn't the same as them and could enjoy music for what it is and not have to strip it of its impurities to make it perfect.

 

I finished playing the song and pushed the hair that fell into my face back. I stared at him waiting for a response of criticism. He seems like a blunt and only tells bad news kind of person. In the little to no time I've spent here he and, technically, the jerk are the only ones I haven't seen truly smile. But, all he did is pick up his glass and walked away with the sheet of music. I followed him with my eyes as he walked up the stairs. He passed a couple of boys perched on the stair, it was fairly obvious that they were watching me. They were the blonde and honey brunette I met from the second group of boys.

 

“You and hyung make amazing music together.” The brunette gave a crooked smile. The blonde stood up and kicked the other to get up also. They made their way down the stairs and over to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter