Awkward

My Seven Roommates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin and I brought in the groceries setting all the bags on the island. “So, Jin, where do you plan on putting all the cold ingredients?”

 

“In the fridge?” he looked at me questionably while pointing to the machine he was referring to.

 

I just gave him an ‘I don't know about that’ look as i took items out of the bags. “I was playing tetris yesterday.”

 

He turned around, “Woah,” he exclaimed as he opened the fridge. “Why do we have so much stuff?” Jin started to pull stuff out of the fridge to examine the items, placing certain ones on the counter, mostly likely expired products. “Why am i the only one who cleans this thing out?” I just stayed silent since he seemed up set and i've only been here for day and a half. “Can you bring over a trash bag? There is some in the pantry, thank you.” He didn't even turn around to look at me.

 

I did as he said grabbing a bag, snapping it a couple times to get it to open. I walked over to him holding it open so he could drop the old items in the bag. Once completed Jin let out a sigh and rubbed his hands together as if removing dust from them. “Much better.” he closed the fridge door and took the bag from me placing it next to the trash bin before walking over to the sink to wash his hands.

 

I stood behind him waiting to use the sink to do the same. “Are you ok if i play music? I can't work very well in silence.”

 

He backed away from the sink holding his hands up as if he was a doctor waiting for someone to glove him as he looked for a towel to dry off his hands. “I don't mind,” He dried his hands off.

 

I turned the sink off, pulling my phone out of my back pocket to play my spotify playlist.

 

“What's the first thing we need to do?” He asked looking at all the ingredients.

 

I hit the shuffle button filling the kitchen with some Michael Jackson, “first we need to crush the oreos and get the crust ready, but we do need to preheat the oven to 300 degrees fahrenheit,” i let out a slight chuckle, “so if you know that in celsius that be great.”

 

Jin let out a sigh doing some mental math before walking over to the oven to turn it on. I washed my hands quickly so i’d be ready to help him. I ripped open the oreos taking one and eating right as he turned around.

 

“What are you doing?” he looked shocked.

 

“You always got to eat a cookie before starting,” i laughed slightly hovering my hand over my mouth to hide the mashed cookie. “Do you have any zip lock baggies and something to beat these cookies with?”

 

He took a cookie as well before opening a drawer and tossing the box of bags on the counter, it slid in my direction. He looked around before grabbing a meat tenderizer and rolling pin. I counted to appropriate amount of cookies and dividing them into two bags for us. Jin placed one of the items in front of me. We pulverized the cookies to the beat of the music which we couldn't resist laughing at each other as we showed off our cooking dances.

 

“How’s it coming over there?” i tried looking over at him through my hair.

 

“Why's this so hard?” He complained, “i haven't sweated this much over a dish in forever and we are only on the first step.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter