Chapter 9

Expected Love

Baekhyun's P.O.V

He doesn't remember the last time he was in public normally. He hasn't spent a lot of time outside the mansion ever since he moved to Chanyeol's home, and he has spent even less time on socializing with human beings. The thought of him going to school, to college to study once again, is almost a bit ridiculous. But on the other hand, it was his own idea and wish from the beginning to study again and Chanyeol just helped him make it come true.

 

“So, your first day in school... How does it feel?”
“I-I don't know...”

 

Chanyeol smiles at him at the breakfast table, something he still hasn't gotten used to, but he doesn't pay too much attention to it. Ever since they moved into their new home, for three days ago, Chanyeol has spent every single morning with him. They eat breakfast, sit in the living room, or just take a simple walk around the house. It feels strange and he admits that he sometimes pinches himself to make sure he's not dreaming.

 

“Your first class starts 10 am, right?”
“Mm, it does. When do you need to go to work?”
“I have been working a bit at home, I know I said I wouldn't do that, but it was important.”
“You're still hopeless I see...”

 

He mostly mumbles to himself, but he catches Chanyeol's smiling sheepishly and almost childish at him. Did he take that as a compliment? He wants to scold the giant and tell him that he wasn't praising him for going against his own rules, but then again Chanyeol probably won't care if he scold him or not. He never really cared what he said...

 

“I'm sorry, I know you don't like me working at home. I will try to not do that.”
“So, when are we leaving?”
“I think it should be more than enough if we leave at 9 am. So, in 30 minutes.”
“Then I will start getting ready. Leave the dishes, I will take care of it later.”

 

Chanyeol only nods to an answer before he follows his lead and leave the table. They split up for a while, getting ready for their day ahead of them and later meet up outside the house. He's the first one to step out into the spring air that has become rather warm. It's soon summertime, but it's still cold enough for him to wear a jacket. He watches the peaceful nature around him and listens to the calming sounds that are coming from within the forest. He still can't believe that this is his new home...

 

“Sorry, did you wait for long?”

 

It doesn't take long before Chanyeol exits the house, locks it, and walks up to him. It is now he realizes that they both are actually going somewhere today. He's actually leaving for school – he will have to meet plenty of new people, get used to his old school life and try to blend in once more. He's suddenly feeling anxious, and he can't help but to wonder if he should call in sick and stay home.

 

“Aren't you tired? I hate going up early and this is seriously killing me...”

 

Chanyeol talks casually like nothing is wrong. A part of him gets angry while seeing his husband be so calm and composed, but another part of him is a bit relieved. If Chanyeol is calm, then shouldn't he feel the same? On the other hand, he isn't the one who has been locked up in a mansion for nearly a year without the normal social contact.

 

“Hey... Is everything alright? Are you feeling sick?”

 

He snaps out of his thoughts and hurries to get into the car without a word. Chanyeol took the hint and hurries to join him before they finally are on their way towards the city. The car is silent most of the time, not even the radio was allowed to be played today. They both are lost in their thoughts and stare straight forward at the road ahead of them. When they began to get near the city, Chanyeol finally speaks up again.

 

“I know that you might be a bit nervous today, but I believe this will be a piece of cake for you. You're social and kind-hearted – they will love you. So don't be too tensed, alright?”
“I-I never said-”
“I know you didn't say anything, but I tried my hardest to see through your poker face. Besides, I know you more than what you think. You easily get anxious and nervous whenever something important is going to happen because you don't want to disappoint anyone. I admire that part of you in a way, but I also think that you shouldn't be too hard on yourself. Try to relax and be yourself, that way I get a feeling that everything will be just fine. After all, you're the most social person I know. Hang in there, alright?”

 

He hates to admit it, but Chanyeol's words did encourage him a bit. He's still not feeling calm and composed, but a part of him is actually feeling a bit better. Maybe Chanyeol is right? Maybe he doesn't need to worry? On the other hand, anything can go wrong today. If he tries too hard, he might look like a fool. But if he doesn't try to fit in at all, he will look like a lost kid that no one wants to take care off.

 

“I will be sitting in a meeting most of the morning, but I will be sure to finish work at 3pm. If you have nothing to do, you can take a look around in the malls or come to my office.”
“I-I can take care of myself...”
“Do you have your phone with you?”
“O-Of course I have my phone! I'm not a baby!”
“Good, then you can just text me if you decide to drop by”
“Like I would even care to see you more than necessary...”

 

For a moment, Chanyeol looks a bit hurt. It's rather shocking to see the taller man show his feelings so openly – before he would barely show any feelings at all except for a cold glare. Guilt hits his stomach right away and he can't help but to look away in shame.

 

“Well... If you don't feel like coming by... Then you can try to study somewhere I guess...”
“I-I wouldn't care to see you more than necessary... During work hours... I-I might distract you... Or someone else...”

 

He knows he's a fool at the moment. It was obvious that he tried to save his sorry little , but Chanyeol didn't point it out. Instead, he only smiled at him and even appeared to be a bit amused. Before he can ask why the tall man is grinning for himself, the car stops, and he realizes that they're already outside his new college.

 

“Well, this is the furthest I can take you. Have fun today and remember to text me if you come by the office. Also, tell me where you are when I come to pick you up.”
“Alright...”
“Remember, you're the cutest and kindest person here. I know you will have a great day. So don't worry too much darling.”

 

He feels how Chanyeol's pats him on the head with a big smile on his lips. He wants to blush, but another part wants to slap his hand away. He's not a freaking dog...

 

“I-I'm not a baby... Goodbye!”

 

He hurries out of the car and closes the door before Chanyeol can say anything else. He begins to walk towards the building right away and notices the other people around him who are heading the same way. There are both young and slightly older people around him, but he fits in rather perfectly. No one is too young and neither too old to be here – including him. He feels a bit calmer and tries to concentrate on where he's heading.

The building is full of life. Students are laughing, talking, and heading towards different directions. It appears to be a rather big college which is a relief in a way. Here he won't stick out too much. He begins to head down the corridor and takes a couple of turns before he finds a map of the building. He has checked his schedule hundreds of times before he came here, yet he finds himself staring at it once again to make sure his memory is correct. His first class is math... He quickly looks at the map again before he begins to find his way around the building once more.

It takes a couple of minutes before he finally finds himself entering his classroom. He's not too early, but he's not coming in the last minute either. The classroom is simple: open and wide, filled with wide rows of tables and chairs. It looks like any other classroom he has been in before and a part of him feels rather relieved to see it. This is something he's familiar with, something he used to be very close to before his whole life took a 180 degrees turn. It almost feels a bit too unreal that he's finally here again...

 

“Excuse me, you're blocking the way.”
“O-Oh, I'm sorry.”

 

He hurries to step aside and struggles to hide his embarrassment. He was caught up in his own world and didn't think about him standing in the middle of the door opening. He hurries to head into the room and picks a seat in the back – hopefully he won't stick out too much if he sits over here.

 

“Hey... Are you perhaps new?”

 

The girl who had scolded him at the door is fast to walk up to him. There is a smile plastered on her lips and she appears to be one of those happy-go-luck girls. He hurries to smile back at her, not sure if she only wants to chat with him or take a seat beside him.

 

“Yes, I'm new. I have been taking private classes for a couple of weeks, but I finally got to come here.”
“I see, I thought you looked unfamiliar. Do you mind?”

 

The girl gestures for him to let her take a seat and he hurries to nod. She gives him a quick smile and sits down on his right. While she's busy with bringing out her books and notebook, he takes the time to study her a bit. She has long blonde hair (probably dyed since she's Korean) and her eyes are deep brown. She has a soft pale tone, but she still appears to have a warm tone in her skin color. Her lips are bright red from her lipstick and her eyes are painted with a smokey eyeshadow. She appears to be one of those modern girls who are more like “bad girls” than those “cute and fancy” once.

 

“So, the mysterious new student, what is your name?”
“I'm Baekhyun. Byu- Park... Park Baekhyun.”

 

That felt weird. The words felt strangely comfortable in his mouth, yet it was unfamiliar. For a moment he forgot that he has married Chanyeol and changed last name. Well, it's not like he has ever presented himself as Park Baekhyun before and he wasn't intending to do so either... But he can't lie either...

 

“Oh? For a moment it sounded like you were about to say something else.”
“My last name used to be Byun, but it has changed to Park now.”
“Oh, really? One of your parents remarried?”
“N-No... They're still together and all...”
“Oh... I see... Then... You're married?”

 

The girl appeared to be rather shocked, yet the curiosity in her eyes told him that she wouldn't let him go with a simple no to an answer. He chuckles slightly and clears his throat.

 

“Am I that interesting to you, miss mysterious student number two?”

 

He tries to sound playful and as cheerful as possible while he talks. He notices the girl stare back at him with a rather surprised face, but then she lets out a chuckle and smiles.

 

“I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Eunji.”
“I see, well it's nice to meet you Eunji.”

 

He gives her a smile and notices that the classroom has begun to get filled with more students. There are some people greeting the girl beside him, but some of them stops and stare at him with curious eyes. He struggles to not show his embarrassment as he picks out his books and notebooks. The girl besides him is busy with talking to her friends who come up to them, some of them give him a smile and some of them ignore him like he's air. He doesn't mind being ignored; it only makes it easier for him to concentrate on his books. After a bit more chatting, the professor finally enters the room and hurries to clear his throat.

 

“Take your seats please! The class has begun!”

 

The room falls silent in an instant which means everyone have a great amount of respect for the man in front of them. He studies the older man and his big round glasses that are slowly slipping down his nose. He wants to chuckle but holds it back and instead gets ready to take notes. The girl besides him whispers to him from time to time, still asking questions and he tries to reply to her without disturbing the professor. Eventually he begins to write replies on a piece of paper and the girl happily answers him. It appears he has already made a friend, in a way at least.

 

***

 

The whole lunch Eunji sat with him and kept asking questions. You could think that she would run out of questions after a solid hour of talking, but this woman is more impressive than he thought. She somehow keeps the conversation coming and he finds it easy to talk to her without thinking about what to say. After the lunch, he had to split up from his classmate since they have different classes in the afternoon. He spends most of his time alone in the last two classes, but he doesn't look away when someone lock eyes with him and smile at him. He only smiles back and makes a mental note that he should try to approach his classmates more tomorrow.

When the school day is over, he finds himself feeling rather exhausted. He would love to take a look around the city since he hasn't been in such a crowded place for a while, but another part of him is screaming to get away from the crowds and just find peace in the forest back at home. He debates with himself whether he should try to grab a coffee at a cafe and find a park to rest at while he waits for Chanyeol to finish his work or if he should just head straight for the office.

Luckily, he doesn't need to make the decision himself today. Just as he's about to head down the street, he notices a black car, that looks a bit too expensive to ignore, stand parked right in front of him. The moment he approaches it, he watches how one of the windows get rolled down and a bright smile meets him.

 

“Hello Baekhyun-ah! You look great! I love the outfit!”

 

Chen smiles happily at him and gestures for him to get in the car. He's caught dumbfounded for a couple of seconds, but hurries to get into the car before people will start staring at him. The car moves the moment he has closed the door and Chen hums happily like it's the best day of his life.

 

“Hello Chen... Uhm... Don't get me wrong, but... What are you doing here?”
“That's a great question! First of all, I wanted to see you! I heard that you and Chanyeol are getting closer again – if you know what I mean.”

 

Chen smirks at him, almost like he's implying something that has definitely not happened. Yet his face feels like it's burning in embarrassment and for a moment, he wants to hit Chen on the arm and scold him. Though he doesn't even get the chance to scold Chen before he continues to .

 

“Omo, this is great! You two getting closer on such level means that you're getting back together! I'm more than happy to actually hear about you two having s-”
“W-We didn't do anything like that! Yah! Don't get it wrong!”
“Really? Chanyeol proudly told us that you were and whimpering in pleas-”
“It wasn't anything like that! H-He just forced himself onto me and-”
“Woah! He's an animal in bed?! Is that what you're saying?!”
“No! Oh, for the sake of everyone, stop talking and listen to me! We didn't have !”

 

His face is burning in embarrassment and Chen is laughing happily beside him. He fell right into Chen's trap...

 

“You're so freaking funny to tease Baekhyun-ah! Though... I'm seriously happy to see you like this. For a moment, I really thought that you two were... over.”
“W-We're still nothing special... D-Don't get the wrong idea about us-”
“Trust me Baekhyun, even though you might not see it, everyone else does. We don't only notice it on you, but even Chanyeol has become different. Today, we witnessed him joking with his employees and he even offered to eat lunch with some of the higher up businessmen that respects him more than anyone else. He did his work perfectly today and he didn't show any of his mood swings which used to appear nearly every third hour in the past.”
“D-Don't get ahead of yourself, he might still change back. Y-Yes, that's it-”
“I see that you're still in full denial. I guess it can't be helped – love is a strange thing after all. You never know when and where it will hit you and you will never be able to stop it.”
“O-Oh come on! I told you it's nothing like that! H-He's just being weird!”
“If being weird means he loves you, then let him be weird. Isn't it better that way?”

 

Chen keeps smiling calmly and looks awfully pleased with their conversation. He admits, he didn't expect Chen to come and pick him up only to and then have a serious talk. Wait... Why is Chen here to pick him up? He looks outside and notices that they're still in the city, but they're not heading out of it.

 

“I was sent to pick you up – you can probably guess who sent me.”
“Why? He said I could do whatever I want.”
“Well, I guess he only felt anxious of leaving you alone. If you want to stop somewhere on the way to the office, then we can do so. He just didn't want you to be alone in the city for the first time. He said you might get lost, or someone might mug you.”
“I have perfect senses to find my way around and I can defend myself from a stupid mugger! He's just scared that I will go behind his back and flirt with other men!”
“Yeah, he actually said that too. He wants to trust you, and he's trying really hard to not let his jealous get to him, but some things take time to change. I guess he sent me instead of running over to you and annoy you.”
“So he still doesn't trust me huh...? Stupid idiot and his hollow promises...”
“I... I don't really know what you mean with hollow promises, but I can tell he's trying to learn how to trust you. Sadly enough, vampires have a hard time to soften up to other people. They trust their family mostly of the time, but even between family members they can appear cold and distant. It's in our nature and it's hard to break the habit.”
“W-Wait, are you literally telling me to just accept the fact that he might never trust me?”
“No, I didn't say anything like that. I told you, from my own experience as a vampire, that we have a hard time to trust others. You might not believe it when I tell you this, but in the beginning when I met Xiumin, I couldn't let my guard down. I hated him and didn't trust him the slightest – of course he felt exactly the same for me. It took us years before we could feel comfortable around each other and when we finally let our guards down, we just kind of fell in love. The walls around us were gone and we allowed ourselves to have something called feelings. Those are terrifying things, but they also make us feel more human and alive. Chanyeol is finally starting to learn what it's like to be human, therefor I hope you can have some patience with him.”
“So he didn't lie when he said vampires have a hard time understanding others...?”
“No, he didn't lie about it. Trust me, we still meet a lot of vampires who are cold and unapproachable. It might sound ridiculous to someone who is used to not only feel his own feelings, but also feel other feelings. Chanyeol is still learning, and it will take some time for him to get used to those things within him like he calls it.”

 

He can only nod to an answer and watch the scenario around him. They have been stuck in a traffic jam for a while now, but they're finally out of it. It takes only a little longer before the car gets parked outside a rather big and tall building. He stares at the fancy entrance and realizes that this must be Chanyeol's company – this is his glorious office that he rarely used since he liked it better to work from home.

 

“And we're here. It looks like Chanyeol is already heading down here...”

 

Chen checks his phone and sigh slightly – is he being disappointed? Wait, is Chanyeol already heading down here? Does that mean he's done for today or is the stupid giant up to something? He only needs to give Chen a questionable look to make him answer his questions he never spoke out loud.

 

“Chanyeol is apparently done for today. He wanted to spend some quality time with his husband, is what he said according to Xiumin. Either way, it looks like I didn't get to hang out with you for very long today. But next time, let's ignore the giant and go shopping! I have always wanted to take you out and buy more clothes for you in person!”
“O-Okay... I guess we can do that at the end of the week?”
“Sounds great! Well then, I will get out before Chanyeol runs over to the door and throws me out.”

 

He watches his friend get out of the car with a wink before Chanyeol appears by the car. He hears them exchange a couple of words quickly before Chanyeol takes Chen's place. He doesn't look at the taller man when he gets into the car, he only looks away and pretends to be fascinated about something else. Though he didn't get away so easily from the giant. The first thing that happens is that Chanyeol grabs one of his hands and squeezes it happily.

 

“So, how was your first day? It was great, wasn't it? I bet you made lots of friends already!”

 

He turns to watch his husband grin happily at him, something he has a really hard time getting used to. He has seen it a couple of times now: that white smile that dazzles with happiness. It feels hard to find his words, but eventually he manages to open his mouth.

 

“I-It was okay I guess... I kind of got along with a couple of students...”
“I'm glad to hear that. Now, since we both have some free time: what about we do something fun? Do you want to grab some food on the way home?”
“Grab some food? You mean a restaurant?”
“Actually, I had other things in mind. You see, today I ate lunch with a couple of businessmen, and they talked about a great street food place. I didn't pay much attention to it: until someone passed me with this bag full of food. It smelled delicious!”
“Well, that is the point with street food: it's delicious, but unhealthy most of the time.”
“I see... Well, I have never eaten anything like that before to be honest.”
“Wait, what?! You have never had street food?! Not even once?! What about pizza?! And fried chicken?! Or what about hamburgers and Korean BBQ?!”
“I have only had chefs that made my food... I didn't eat too much when I was younger since it wasn't needed.”

 

He can't believe it... Chanyeol is seriously the most “noble” man he knows. Like, who hasn't eaten street food at least once? He can't just ignore this poor idiot...

 

“I guess I have no choice then... Let's go, before I change my mind.”
“Great!”

 

Chanyeol smiles satisfied and hurries to start the engine. He can't help but to smile a bit at the childish smile plastered on Chanyeol's lip and how his eyes are almost dazzling. If he's already this excited to go and fetch some food, then how excited will he be when he gets to eat it? A part of him desperately wants to see the expression Chanyeol will make when he finally gets to eat some delicious pizza and fried chicken. Actually, he can't wait to eat some street food himself.

 

***

 

“I don't get it... How can something this delicious be so unhealthy?”

 

Chanyeol mostly mumbles as he digs into his pizza slice. He sighs slightly and leans back in his chair: he's already full. Before he used to be able to eat at least a whole pizza on his own and a couple of chicken pieces – but today he can share the pizza and eaten only some few pieces of chicken and still feel full. He has begun to lose his street food stomach...

 

“I'm glad to hear that you're starting to like the common food. This is more like American street food, so you still have a lot of food to try out. We should grab Jajangmyeon next time, and I should teach you how to make ramen since it's simple yet delicious.”
“Y-You will teach me how to cook? For real?”
“Well, ramen can't be that hard for you to make. I hope...”

 

The thought of Chanyeol trying to cook food on his own feels almost impossible, but he still would like to see that. He wonders if the food would be eatable... He makes a mental note that when or if Chanyeol ever cooks food for him, he should be ready to order pizza or have food backup in case of a big failure.

 

“So, why are you grinning at me like that? Did I say something funny? Or am I being too cute for you to handle?”

 

Chanyeol smirks at him with a hint of hopefulness in his eyes. It isn't until Chanyeol comments his stupid grin that he realizes that he's smiling like a fool – right at his husband in front of him. Yes, for a slight moment he was imagining them having a normal evening where Chanyeol would try to cook food, and probably fail miserably, and he would have to order pizza which they would share in front of the TV. They would watch a classic Korean drama and comment on how stupid the characters could be or how silly they look in the old historical clothes that would still appear charming in their eyes.

 

“I-I'm not grinning! You're just imagining things...”
“Oh? Says the guy with the blushing face.”
“Oh shut it! It's not true! I'm not blushing and-”
“You're the cutest man in the whole world – please let me see your bright smile soon again.”

 

Once again, he's left speechless from Chanyeol's stupid words. He can only look away and silently curse himself for letting down his guard. Though, a lot of things aren't like they used to be. Before, they would keep their safe distance and he would secretly admire Chanyeol from afar. Now, all of a sudden, he's the one trying to avoid Chanyeol who is obviously teasing him and trying to get closer to him. Just as he thought that, he notices how one of Chanyeol's hands grabs his left hand and gently squeezes it. When he looks up to face the taller man, he finds him smiling softly at him and watch him tenderly lift his hand to his mouth just to kiss the top of his hand with his soft lips.

 

“Thank you for the food and experience, darling. Let's do something like this soon again.”

 

He's just about to open his mouth to tell Chanyeol to shut up, but something interrupts him. His ears suddenly pick up the sound of someone else near them – footsteps – right outside the house. He's just about to say something when he hears the doorbell and Chanyeol looks as clueless as him. If Chanyeol wasn't expecting any guests... Then who would show up at this hour?

 

“Wait here...”
“B-But if it is-”
“I will be alright, so just stay here.”

 

Strangely enough, Chanyeol's words doesn't sound any soothing. I will be alright. He makes it sound like they're in danger. A lump in his stomach grows and for a second, he feels really anxious. He silently gets up of his chair, ready to run out to Chanyeol who is at the door by now in case something happens. He listens intensively and even closes his eyes to concentrate on every sound that can be made in the house at the moment. He can hear the door sway open, how Chanyeol is stepping up to it and how the giant is breathing calmly even though he did sound rather worried.

 

“Hello- S-Sehun?”

 

Chanyeol's deep voice is full of shock and concern – something he obviously doesn't show very often. Wait, did he just say Sehun? Without thinking, he hurries out to the hallway and finds Chanyeol staring out at the pale yet tall man in the door opening. The moment he sees Sehun, he understands that something isn't quite right with him.

 

“What's wrong? Hey, say something? Did something happen?”

 

Sehun looks hurt and tearful – it looks like he's just about to burst out in tears. His eyes fall onto the man's clothes and the bag he's holding in his hands: they're simple, but they look a bit worn out. Chanyeol is fast to step to the side and tries to lead Sehun into the house, but Sehun only looks to be in shock. In that moment, he felt the need to step in and try to help them both out.

 

“Sehun-ah, is everything alright? Come here, please. You look exhausted.”

 

Chanyeol allows him to grab Sehun and help him inside. He pulls the taller man all the way into the living room and makes him sit down on the couch. Chanyeol fetches some water and some food since Sehun looks like he might need something, while he himself is starting to notice Sehun's feelings. He thinks he might know what is going on...

 

“Sehun-ah... Have you and...? Have you fought with Luhan?”

 

The mention of Luhan's name made Sehun flinch and for a moment, he looked like he could burst out in tears again. It's quite obvious what the problem is...

 

“You poor thing... Come here.”

 

The only thing he can think of is to comfort the taller man in front of him. He doesn't care if Chanyeol gets the wrong idea or jealous – Sehun looks like he can need a hug. He feels how Sehun only rests against his chest while he hugs the taller man. He can sense his feelings turning upside down and eventually he begins to cry. Chanyeol enters the room around the moment Sehun begins to cry silently against him and all he can do is to smile sadly towards his husband.

 

“Chanyeol, could you please get a bedroom ready for our guest? I think he wants to rest.”

 

Without a word, Chanyeol nods and leaves the room. He couldn't sense if Chanyeol got pissed or jealous when he saw them, but his focus wasn't on his husband to begin with. He pats Sehun's back slightly before he lets out a small sigh.

 

“I don't know what has happened, but I understand. Whatever it is, let's talk about it tomorrow. You look like you can need some rest. Is that alright with you?”

 

Sehun doesn't say anything, he just nods slightly and sobs. He keeps hugging Sehun until Chanyeol is back and takes over the situation. He allows his husband to lead their guest out of the living room and to one of the guestrooms. He listens to them for a while, but when he's sure they're good on their own, he begins to head out to the kitchen. He silently puts away the leftovers from their street food night and thinks about Sehun's pale face and his hurt eyes. What possibly could have happened to make him this messed up...?

 

“Hey honey...”

 

Chanyeol's deep voice startles him a bit, but he doesn't get too surprised when he feels Chanyeol's arms around his waist. He wants to sigh so badly, but right now he doesn't have the heart to scold the taller man.

 

“Is it bad...?”
“He went to be right away... Did he tell you anything?”
“No... But I mentioned Luhan's name, and he just looked even more messed up.”
“Do you think Luhan is alright? I mean, what if something hap-?”
“If it was anything dangerous or serious that involves someone's life, I'm pretty sure Sehun would have told us about it by now.”
“I see... So... What now?”
“What do you mean what now? What else can we do then to try to help him?”
“If it doesn't involve us...”
“Are you seriously going to ignore a friend in need? Come on, it's Luhan's freaking lover! If these two of all people had a fight, then don't you think it's something really big and important? It could be something they can't solve on their own!”
“Alright, calm down. I will listen to you since you're the expert.”
“I-I didn't say that I'm the expert-”
“You're the one who understand these things the best. I trust you, my honey.”

 

The soft words hit his neck and sends shivers down his spine. For a moment, he felt a bit attracted and rather . But then another part of his brain kicked in and he realized what he was feeling and thought it is wrong. He's not supposed to feel like this – yet he finds himself relaxing in the taller man's arms and enjoy the little warmth that they exchange between their bodies.

 

“Let's sleep. I know you're worried about Sehun, but he's not going anywhere and he's resting. For now, I think we should wait and then let you handle their love problems.”
“Oh stop it, you're closer to Sehun than I am. I think it's better for you to talk to him-”
“Remember that vampires don't show feelings towards each other – even me and Sehun have a hard time showing our true emotions. Since you're a werewolf, he might open up to you a bit easier – especially if he knows you which he does.”
“Alright, we will talk to him tomorrow. Happy now?”
“As long you are.”

 

Chanyeol gently squeezes him and lets his lips leave a soft peck on his neck. His body shivers from the sudden touch, while his face begins to burn in a strange embarrassment. What the hell is wrong with him? He should just stop all of this!

 

“L-Let's go and sleep...”

 

Without another word, he slips out of Chanyeol's embrace and nearly runs for the bathroom. He doesn't dare to show his face to his husband, scared to show the emotions that keeps breaking free from his heart's prison. He locks them up over and over again, but in the end, they always seem to break lose. When will this ever end...?