Chapter 6

Expected Love

Baekhyun's P.O.V

“W-We're moving, today?!”
“Yes, we're actually going to leave within two hours only. So please get up and get dressed.”
“W-Wait a second, I thought we would move tomorrow afternoon!”

 

Kyungsoo nods towards him as he sits up on his bed with his hair standing out everywhere. Yeah, last night he had a rather... strange dream. After he confronted Chanyeol in his office about Minhyun, his old teacher who hit on him, he has had a hard time relaxing. He doesn't know what it is, but something within him suddenly overwhelmed him and whenever he fell asleep, that stupid idiotic giant would appear even in his damn dreams.

 

“I know it's confusing, but master Chanyeol suddenly wanted to leave earlier.”
“B-But I thought Luhan and Sehun would come by first and-”
“Baekhyun-ah, please stop questioning the moving and just get going please. You're confusing me even more than you're confusing yourself.”

 

Kyungsoo mumbled as he rubbed his eyes slightly. Now when he thinks about it, Kyungsoo looks rather tired. Don't tell him that he was staying up all night only to finish the packing...

 

“Hey Kyungie... Were you up all night long while working?”
“Yeah... Is it that obvious?”
“You look exhausted. Why don't you take a nap on the bed while I get ready?”
“I can't even though the offer sounds really tempting at the moment.”
“Are you sure that you're okay? The others are vampires, but you're not-”
“I wouldn't be able to sleep very well anyway at the moment...”
“Why not?”

 

Kyungsoo lets out a long sigh and sits down on the bed. It looks like he doesn't have any energy to scold Baekhyun and his curiosity. He tries to give his friend an innocent and calm smile as he gently pats him on the head.

 

“Kyungsoo-ah, you have been working really hard lately. Thank you for taking care of me.”
“Why are you suddenly so cheery...?”
“Is it wrong for me to try to be a little happy around my best friend?”
“Thank you, for trying so hard.”
“No, thank you for the hard work. Please take a short nap on the bed, even if it is only ten minutes. You need it, you look like you can fall asleep any second.”

 

Kyungsoo nods slightly and struggles to keep his eyes open. He quickly gets out of his bed and forces his friend down onto the bed and pulls a blanket over him. Kyungsoo protest only for a couple of seconds before he falls asleep. He smiles at his friend before he silently sneaks over to his closet to pick out something to wear. To his surprise half of his closet is empty – it's probably Chen who has packed everything down and sent it to the new house.

He takes his time to find something simple to wear without waking Kyungsoo up. He puts on a warm shirt since it's a little chilly in the air before he puts on a pair of jeans. When he's done, he's about to close the closet and wake Kyungsoo up since he promised to not let him sleep for too long. But before he managed to walk over to him and wake him, he hears the dark-haired man mumbled something in his sleep. His werewolf ears easily pick up the words he speaks, and he can't stop his curiosity from getting the better of him.

 

“Jongin... Please... Don't leave me... Not yet... Just a little longer...”

 

Kyungsoo's voice is weak, but he can easily hear the desperation and pain in it. He feels how the lump in his stomach aches slightly and how it gets heavier. Who is... Jongin? Could it be... a brother? Or... lover? Maybe he's just a close friend...? He can't tell with the little information he got, but he doesn't want to stand and eavesdrop on Kyungsoo's mumbling. No, he wouldn't be a good friend if he did. So, he decided to sneak out of the room and let Kyungsoo rest a little longer since he will probably wake up within only some minutes anyway.

Lost in his thoughts he walks down the long corridor. His mind thinks about what he heard Kyungsoo say, but then he thinks about his meeting with Chanyeol. He remembers what he said, something about a punishment and that he wouldn't hold back on him when they have moved. Honestly, he's a little nervous that he will do something mean while the others aren't around. There are a lot of things he doesn't understand to be honest. Both Lay and Kyungsoo won't be coming by very often and Chen and Xiumin might not even come by except when they have business with Chanyeol. What is the giant thinking...?

 

“Good morning Baekhyun-ah. Have you slept well?”

 

He snaps out of his deep thoughts and looks up at Chen who is standing in front of him. It is then he realizes that he had stopped in the middle of the corridor before he met Chen. He smiles shyly and tries to not show his embarrassment.

 

“I-I slept well, thank you. Uhm, Chen, were there anything special Kyungsoo were supposed to do this morning?”
“Kyungsoo-ah? Ah, he was supposed to help me finish the last packing. Which reminds me, where is he?”
“I-I forced him to sleep a little in my bed since he looked exhausted. I'm sorry, I didn't know he was supposed to help you.”
“It's alright, I didn't expect him to have the power to last the whole night. Though he surprised me to be honest. He finished all his packing and managed to stay awake the whole night until now.”
“Uhm... Is there anything I can help with? I mean, most of the things we move is either mine or Chanyeol's-”
“No, you're not allowed to-”
“Chen, I told you that I don't care about those stupid noble rules. Please let me do something – anything. I beg you.”

 

Chen gives him a rather concerned look, almost like he could read his mind. He knows exactly why he's offering him to help him out.

 

“Baekhyun-ah, you can't ignore Chanyeol forever. Today is the day you have to face him.”
“I-I have no idea what you're talking about...”
“I know one thing you can help me with now when I think about it.”
“R-Really?! What is it?”
“Well, there is this really precious item that we absolutely can't lose. It carries high value and I want someone to watch over it for 24/7. Can you do it for me?”
“Y-Yes! I will do anything!”
“Then... Come with me, I will give you the item.”

 

He nods quickly and watches Chen walk past him. He follows him in silence and feels how the confusion washes over him when they walk over to his bedroom. Chen silently sneaks into the room and fetches something before he comes back out. He smiles at Baekhyun and holds out a small black box which he recognizes right away. Chen smiles innocently and opens the box.

 

“Here it is, the item or rather items I want you to watch carefully.”
“Are you... trying to fool me or something?”

 

He looks up at Chen who keeps smiling innocently. Honestly, he feels a little pissed. For a moment he really thought he would be able to help Chen out, but instead he shows him his two rings Chanyeol has given him – his engagement ring and his wedding ring.

 

“What's the matter Baekhyun? Don't you want to help me keep an eye on them? If we lose them, or rather if I lose them, Chanyeol will kill me. Please, keep an eye on them only till we get to the new house. I don't want to end up in trouble if I forget them.”
“Fine... B-But it's only because you're so worried about it.”

 

Chen keeps smiling as he slowly grabs the box and stares down at the rings. He feels the lump in his stomach become heavier again and reminds him why he's not wearing the rings. Honestly, he doesn't feel comfortable enough to carry them around. So instead of putting them on, he closes the box and holds onto it tightly in his hands.

 

“I will watch over them, I promise.”
“Uhm, it would be much easier if you just-”
“I know... But... I don't want too.”

 

Chen nods slightly to an answer, but he's obviously disappointed. Instead of trying to force the rings onto him, he gives him a smile and excuses himself. He's left with the ring box in his hand in front of his bedroom. He stands lost in his thoughts until the door suddenly flies open and a startled Kyungsoo nearly runs right into him.

 

“B-Baekhyun! You left me to sleep on your bed!”
“O-Of course, you looked exhausted.”
“Geez, don't let me do that. I need to work till my shift is over.”
“O-Okay... I'm sorry, I just-”
“Hey, is that your rings...? Omo, you're finally going to wear them?!”

 

Kyungsoo nearly shouts out in happiness, but sadly enough he only made his friend even more uncomfortable than what he already was. He tries to give Kyungsoo a soft smile, though it's pretty obvious that he's in a very uncomfortable situation.

 

“You're going to wear them, right? In case someone sees you and all.”
“Uhm... Yeah... Maybe...”

 

In that moment, Kyungsoo realizes his mistake and is fast to shut his mouth. He silently stares at his friend with the ring box in his hands before he lets out a small sigh.

 

“I'm sorry if I was too fast to assume that you would be back to normal. Take your time...”

 

Kyungsoo gives him one last smile and even pats him on the shoulder before he hurries away. He's left alone with the ring box for the second time, but this time he feels a strange feeling take over him. He isn't sure if it is guilt or shame, but something is telling him that he should put on his damn rings. Everyone is expecting it from him and there is an obvious pressure around him. Everyone is expecting him to take on the roll as Chanyeol's husband, just like he's supposed to do. Even after everything that has happened...

 

“Baekhyun? Ah, good morning young master. How are you today?”

 

He turns to Yuri who is giving him a soft smile and besides him stands a confused Lay. He also flashes him a warm smile when he sees his friend stand with the ring box in his hands. Both Yuri and Lay seem rather satisfied with seeing him with the ring box and once again the wave of pressure hits him.

 

“Ah, you're going to use your rings again? How wonderful.”
“Honestly, I was worried that you wouldn't care about those anymore.”
“R-Really...?”
“Well, since you and master Chanyeol seem to be getting along again-”
“Ah, Yuri! L-Let's get those to the car before it leaves!”

 

Lay suddenly cuts off Yuri and she only follows his orders as an answer. He watches them disappear down the stairs before he lets out a tired sigh. Great, now he definitely feels like he's under pressure.

 

“Can it get any worse than this...?”
“Good morning Baekhyun-ah. I see that you're up and ready in time today.”

 

Xiumin appears in front of him as he smiles happily at him. In that moment, he wishes that he had shut his mouth and not been an idiot to challenge fate. He struggles to smile towards Xiumin who is holding a pile of papers in his right hand and in his left hand is laptop.

 

“G-Good morning Xiumin.”
“How are you today? Is everything alright with you?”
“Mm... More or less...”
“What's the matter? O-Oh... I see...”

 

All Xiumin needs to do is to look down on the ring box in his hands before he understands what is going on. He gives him a soft smile and is fast to shift all the papers to his left hand. Xiumin gently puts a hand on the insecure boy's shoulder and gives him the most calming smile he can muster.

 

“Baekhyun-ah... I know what you're thinking. But, if you're honestly not comfortable with wearing the rings yet, then we understand. Everyone is just excited and hopes that you and Chanyeol will get on better terms soon. Take your time, alright?”

 

For the first time, someone has given him the option to wait. He stares up at Xiumin who is keeping his calm smile on his lips, and he gently pats him on the head like he's a child. He doesn't like getting treated like a child, but for once it felt good to be treated as one. It felt good to hear that he can take his time to adapt to his new life as Chanyeol's husband. Something he never had the chance to do earlier...

 

“Thank you... I... I really needed to hear that.”
“I understand your feelings, and everyone is just hoping that things will get back to normal. After all, we all have been worried about both you and master Chanyeol. I mean, the whole fight between you and Chanyeol has felt so intense and now it just feels like... It feels like it's gone, and everything is slowly getting better. I'm actually really relieved that everything is slowly getting better again...”

 

Xiumin almost look like he's daydreaming for a while before he snaps back to the reality. He gives him another soft smile and ruffles his hair lightly like a big brother would do – he has always been like a big brother to him...

 

“I have to go for a while, but I promise to come with you to the new house. See you later Baekhyun-ah. Please eat something before we leave.”

 

He can only manage to nod slightly before he watches Xiumin leave him alone. His eyes fall right down on the ring box in his hands and for a moment, it felt heavy. He can't explain, but it feels like it's getting heavier the more he thinks about his responsibilities. Everyone is right – it's about time things get back to normal. He has been acting like a baby and avoided his problems far too long. He hates to admit it, but it's time for him to pull himself together. Time to grow up...

His hand gently opens the ring box and slowly picks out the two rings. He remembers both the times he got the rings: first the engagement (that event didn't end too well) and the second ring was from his wedding day. He was so happy... Until the end of his wedding day... Maybe he should wait a little longer...? But before he could put them away, he feels how the box gets taken away from him and how someone gently grabs the rings from his grip. He looks startled at the person who had managed to sneak up on him and meets two deep brown eyes. His eyes scan the face in front of him, it's handsome, a sharp jaw line and two slightly outpointing ears behind the slick pitch-black hair.

 

“Finally, you're starting to get back to your senses.”

 

The deep voice gently whispers into his ear as he feels how two slightly cold hands grabs his left hand. He watches as the rings get pushed onto his finger before he looks back up at the taller man. Chanyeol's eyes is filled with relief, but there is also a hint of something else which he can't read. W-What is he... doing here? W-Wait, why is he letting Chanyeol put the rings on for him?!

 

“Y-Yah, I wasn't supposed to-”
“I don't care. You're my husband and I want everyone to know it. I don't care what you think, but you belong to me. Don't EVER let another man touch you ever again.”

 

Chanyeol's cold voice feels strangely warm and seductive, but it's also causing his skin to get filled with goosebumps. He's left speechless as he feels how Chanyeol's hands gently squeeze his hand while the seriousness in his eyes locks his eyes with his own. But before the giant can say anything, he quickly snaps out of his thoughts and realizes that he has let Chanyeol get too close to him. He's not ready to accept him even though his heart is beating wildly and his face turning red in embarrassment.

 

“D-Don't go ahead and assume that I'm cheating behind your back!”

 

He snatches his hand away from Chanyeol's before he turns on his heels and begins to walk away from him. He can hear Chanyeol chuckle behind him before he returns to whatever he was doing before he run into Baekhyun. He hurries downstairs and struggles to not let the blush spread further on his face, but it's impossible. He can't ignore his heart that is beating wildly nor the blood that is rushing through his body. The fact that Chanyeol's voice alone had sent shivers down his spine and caused goosebumps all over his body is overwhelming. He was nearly 100% percent sure that he wouldn't feel anything this strongly for him ever again. But... But his heart is betraying him...

 

***

 

It didn't take many hours before the car was ready and all their belongings that they needed were packed into a truck. Chen went with the truck along with Kyungsoo and Lay who were going to the house before them. Then it was their turn to leave. Xiumin would drive in Chanyeol's stead, but Yuri would stay in the mansion. From this day and on this would be her job – to watch over the mansion and make sure that everything is as clean and in order as it were when they left. With a quick goodbye from Yuri, they all settled in the car and begun to car ride towards their new home.

Chanyeol sits on his left side, resting his elbow against the car door and stares bored at the passing scenario. Xiumin is busy with driving and he's struggling with not creating a tension between him and his so-called husband on his left. He tries to focus on the scenario outside, but he can occasionally feel someone stare at him from time to time and it's not hard to tell who it's coming from. From the corner of his eye, he can see Chanyeol stare over at him with an expressionless face. His eyes are blank and it's impossible for him to read him without looking more directly at him. But for some reason he doesn't dare to turn and look directly into the giant's eyes.

The car ride that was only 3 hours long felt like it would last for eternity and the tension that begun to arise after only 20 minutes didn't make it any better. Of course, he didn't think that it was actually he himself who made the tension, but he couldn't relax. No matter how much he tried, his body felt tensed, and he shifted uncomfortable under Chanyeol's gaze whenever he looked at him. He tries to not think about the tall man besides him, but his stupid words keep echoing in his head. I don't care what you think, you belong to me. He said it with such confidence and his eyes were literally scanning him like he was making sure that no one had touched him. Like he wanted to assure himself that no one would touch him...

The more he thinks about the taller man's words, the hotter he begun to feel. The tip of his ears slowly turned red and the more he thinks about the words Chanyeol has uttered to him lately, the warmer he feels. He begins to lose his jacket slightly, shifting even more uncomfortably in his seat and he can't help but to notice Chanyeol's eyes stealing glances at him every time he moves. He thought he would go crazy the hotter he became and even Xiumin begun to wonder what was going on in the back seat after an hour. Eventually, he nearly slammed his face against the window and decided to not look anywhere else than at the scenario of the forest that slowly turned into a motorway and later on into a city. He allowed himself to get swallowed by the scenario and tried to not notice how Chanyeol had scooted closer to him. He just wants this damn trip to be over soon...

 

***

 

When 3 hours passed, to his delight and relief, they were finally at their destination. The moment Xiumin turned off the engines and said they had arrived; he nearly threw himself out of the car. He stumbled out into the fresh air and stares at the forest that surrounds them and not far from it is a small lake he can see from where he stands. He takes in the view of the tall fir trees and pine trees. There were a couple of oak trees and birch trees too that blended in among the tall trees. The forest out here is full of life – much more than by the mansion. He can hear at least ten different kinds of birds, a couple of squirrels run among the trees and there are at least two herds of deer near here.

His eyes then turn to the surprisingly small house compared to the mansion that stands in front of him. It's not too big, but it must fit at least four bedrooms and a kitchen and maybe even a big living room. The house is still rather big compared to the house his parents own in his home village, but it's definitely small if you compare it to the giant mansion, he lived in only a couple of days ago. Now when he studies the house, it looks to be newly built, and it smells fresh. He loves the light birch tree combined with a weak grayish color that makes the house look both bright and natural. To think that Chanyeol would buy or even build a house like this one...

 

“Welcome to your new home Mr. and Mr. Park.”

 

Xiumin smiles at them both as he quickly heads towards the door that is painted white. He studies the rather big windows and notices that there are even giant windows in the roof. He's so busy with studying his new home that he hasn't noticed Chanyeol stepping up to him and watching the view besides him. When he feels a sudden warmth touch his hand, he jerks his hand away and stares up at the slightly startled man besides him.

 

“D-Don't touch me...”

 

He mostly mutters with annoyance as he hurries to follow Xiumin towards the house, but he gets a feeling that it wouldn't be the last time Chanyeol would try to touch him. Xiumin shows them into the house as the strong scent of wood fills his nostrils. He smiles slightly as he takes off his shoes and jacket before he explores his new home – alone. The hallway is rather small, but the moment you step inside you feel a warm welcome. The colors are rather simple – most of the walls are painted in light gray, but there are small candle holders hanging on the walls or paintings with lively colors to create a playful yet slightly romantic feeling. Every furniture he spots is classy yet slightly modern.

The hallway goes straight into a living room with dark gray couches that are filled with cushions in the colors from wine red – to purple to – light gray. There are also blankets that are fluffy that reminds you of a wolf's fur, yet he can tell it's not real animal fur. There is a big TV in front of the couches and two of the walls are covered with big white bookshelves that are filled with books, movies, CD's and even a couple of small stone statues. Between the couches stands a round white coffee table with a glass plate that is filled with stones, candles, and small flowers. Underneath the couches and the small table is a dark gray fluffy carpet that matches the curtains that hangs over the windows that reaches from the floor and almost all the way to the ceiling.

 

“We designed it after all those romance movies you used to watch when you were bored. In my opinion, it's really cozy and romantic in a way. Don't you agree?”
“Mm... It's lovely...”

 

He's nearly speechless. He hates to admit it, but he loves his new home. It might appear romantic, but the cozy and warm feeling he gets from the room fills him quickly. Suddenly he feels even more eager to see the rest of the house and hurries to leave Xiumin's side to explore the rest of the house. The kitchen is as cozy as the living room. There is an oak table with four chairs in the entrance to the kitchen, filled with candles and a vase with red roses. He looks over to the kitchen that are filled with the newest technology, but all the cabinets are carved in white painted birch wood with cute small knobs that reminds him a little of a classic English home. He studies it for a while and lets his hand gently the white marble counter.

The first floor was mostly the kitchen, the living room, a guestroom that was as simple as a big bed in the middle of the room, a white drawer on the opposite side, a closet, and a bookshelf. There is also a modern styled bathroom that is big enough to fit a shower, a toilet, and a classic tap. Then there is a door to the basement which he ignored and instead he went to the stairs that leads to the second floor. He quickly makes his way up the steady wood stair and stares at the paintings and the candle holders. There are a couple of small white tables in the middle of the long corridor on the second floor, all of them having a vase with white and pink flowers and at the end of the corridor is a glass door.

He peeks his head into the five open doors that leads down the corridor. One is a big bathroom filled with the biggest bathtub he has seen, a shower, a toilet and of course a tap. The next room is a bedroom, but it looks exactly the same as the guestroom downstairs. He continues down the corridor and passes a room that looks different compared to the rest of the house. The walls are painted a slightly darker gray and is filled with oak bookshelves, a giant oak desk and a couple of black couches. The whole floor is covered in a black/gray carpet. The room gives off a mature yet business like feeling – it must be Chanyeol's office. He studies it only for a moment before he continues to the rest of the rooms. The whole time he feels how someone is silently following him from a small distance, but he ignores it for now.

The next room is to his surprise a room that is filled with a couple of instruments, but it's also spacious and leaves a big open space in the middle. There is a giant stereo and a couple of gym machines in another corner. This must be their new hobby room. He tries to take in the plain white room that is filled with so many different things and he notices quickly that the floor is made out dark oak instead of bright birch like the rest of the house. The bathrooms are filled with dark marble floors, but the only two rooms that sticks out this far is the hobby room and Chanyeol's office. Who designed this place...?

He moves to the last room that is right beside the glass door and it's not hard to guess which room it could be. He steps into the spacious bedroom that to his surprise feels rather cozy and warm even though it's huge. There is a giant bed in the middle of the wall straight in front of the door and on both sides stands a white nightstand. The sheets are wine red and filled with cushions that goes from light purple to pink to light gray. There are two giant white closets made out of birch that is painted with white color, yet the tree itself shines through. In the middle of the room is a big round carpet that is fluffy and in the color of dark purple. He gently steps onto it and smiles at the softness he feels underneath his feet: he loves this room...

He notices that there are two drawers by the closets that are on both sides of the door. His eyes glances over at the giant window on the right wall and then he notices the giant window in the ceiling, allowing the sun's gentle shine spread in the room. The curtains are light purple, but they almost seem a little grayish at the same time. He studies his surrounding before he feels how someone walks up behind him. For a moment he assumed it was Xiumin, but the moment two hands gently grab his arms with a firm grip before his back meets something warm, he realizes that it's not Xiumin.

 

“Do you like it? Is there anything you want to change?”

 

The words are spoken with a gentle whisper right into his ear while a hot breath his ear and a part of his cheek. He quickly turns around and makes sure that he's out of the firm grip before he glares at the taller man in front of him. What the hell is he doing? Why can't he just keep his hands off him? How hard can it be?!

 

“Well? Is it good enough or do you want a more modern and luxurious home?”
“I-It's good. I like it, but...”
“But it's not to your pleasing? I will change it right-”
“T-That's not what I was about to say! I'm just wondering why you're suddenly trying to cling onto me. It's disturbing...”
“Is it wrong for me to touch my partner?”

 

Chanyeol gives him a questioning and confused look while raising an eyebrow. He looks so innocent, like there is nothing unnatural about him trying to embrace him. He wants to sigh so badly, but Xiumin interrupts them with a huge smile.

 

“Baekhyun-ah, have you seen the balcony yet?”
“B-Balcony...? We have a balcony?”
“I thought you had seen it... It's right over there, by the glass door.”

 

He walks past Chanyeol and ignores him for now and heads over to the glass door. Xiumin holds the door open for him and lets him step into the giant balcony. There is a set of chairs and a table out here along with an expensive looking grill and there are even two couches suited for outside use. But what is the most impressive is the breathtaking view of the whole forest and the lake. He walks over to the railing that is made out of glass and metal and gently grabs the cold metal. He stares at the small, yet dazzling lake and he can spot two open fields not far from here. The forest is opening up in front of him and he loves it how the sun is slowly going down and shows him the beautiful horizon.

 

“It's beautiful, isn't it? Chanyeol took his time to find the perfect spot for the house.”
“Chanyeol... went out to find this spot?”
“Well, he asked around a lot and then visited the spots with the best opportunities. He wanted everything to suit your taste and find a place where you could live without any stress. He wanted to find a brand-new place where you can run free without worrying that someone will find you and try to hurt you.”

 

Xiumin, who has walked up to him and is now standing beside him while he smiles softly. His eyes are stuck on the horizon while he speaks with a low voice, but there is a hint of pride in his eyes. He feels how he turns his eyes back to the horizon and the beautiful view in front of him. For a moment, he allows everything to sink in and he thinks about where he stands and what he has seen. The whole house does suit his taste rather well even though he has never been too interested in the interior of the house. But the careful choice of place and position of the house, the well furniture house and the breathtaking view truly feels like a dream home to him.

 

“Chen and Lay said they were jealous of you guys moving here all alone, especially Chen. He had watched Chanyeol spend hours with designing the house, it was really hard to satisfy him since he wanted it to be perfect. Chen ended up working a lot with the project and now he says it feels strange to leave the house to just the two of you. I admit, I wish we also had a beautiful house like this one...”
“What...? What is going to happen now? I mean, what are you and Chen going to do? What about Lay and Kyungsoo? Will they really only come by twice a week? W-Will I... not be able to see you guys as often as before?”

 

A sudden anxiousness fills him. He didn't think about those things until now. He loves the house, and he admits that he feels more at home here than in the mansion even though he just came here. BUT. He doesn't want to stop seeing everyone: they're like his family after all. Xiumin is like his big brother, Chen is like a combination of a brother and a funny uncle who tries too hard to make you laugh. Kyungsoo is literally his new best friend and Lay is that dorky uncle you love to spend time with. He doesn't want them all to suddenly stop seeing him just because they have moved to a new house.

 

“Don't worry, we will make sure to come by at least twice a week. Besides, a lot of things are going to change from now and on. For an instant, Lay and Kyungsoo will only come by twice a week each. You will have to cook the remaining days and I actually assume that you won't mind doing so. Also, Chanyeol will try to work in an office in the city that lies only 30 minutes away from here. At the same time, he will take you to and from school.”
“I-I'm going to go to school again? For real?”
“Yes, I thought he had informed you about it. Mr. Lee was only your private teacher to help you catch up with your classes and where you left off. Now the rest is up to you and your teachers at your new school.”
“I-I see... I had no idea that he was this serious about me going to school...”
“Believe it or not, but Chanyeol has worked his off just for you. Even when he was upset with you and you told him that you hated him, he still considered your situation and wanted to improve it.”

 

He nods slightly and allows the silence to fall between them. The tension he once felt in the car is long gone and instead, he feels a strange peace. He closes his eyes for a while and inhales the sweet scent of dew, fir tree and pine tree. The soft breeze his cheeks gently and he realizes that he's relaxing far more than he has done the past weeks. He didn't realize how tense he has felt until he came here.

 

“Take your time to take in the view. I will go and check upon the others. Chanyeol is probably already making sure that everything is unpacked for you.”
“Okay... H-Hey Xiumin.”

 

Xiumin stops in his movement and turns to look at him with a curious expression on his face. He feels how shy he suddenly gets, but it doesn't stop him from turning his body to the other man and slowly force out the words he wants to tell him so badly.

 

“T-Thank you... T-Thank you for being a great big brother.”

 

For a moment, Xiumin looks speechless and rather shocked. But within only a second a warm smile spreads on his lips and he even begins to look embarrassed.

 

“B-Big brother? Isn't that a little too much? I think Chen is more like a big brother.”
“No, you both are like two big brothers to me. You always watch out for me and makes sure that I'm alright... Even when I treated you badly, you still made sure that I was alright...”
“I guess that is what family is for.”

 

A warm smile spreads on his lips and for once, it's not a forced fake smile. For once he feels how he truly smiles warmly at Xiumin who smiles back before he excuses himself. He then turns back to take in the view and let everything sink in a little further. This is really his new home...